Jadeveon Clowney still not ready to play - on PUP list

that is exactly what happened, I never saw a guy not try like he did that year.

Exactly. I've said it before, but it was a crucial play in OT, and I saw him make a run at the QB, miss and then just watch the rest of the play.............The next day, I watched Mario do the same thing, but get back up and win the game by getting to Tannehill (I believe), forcing him into a bad pass on 4th down.

When I used to talk about this, people told me that Clowney will do what Mario did once he gets paid to do it. I don't know - I think he has a lot of Maybin in him.

I can even see taking a few plays off during the game. But, this was do or die at this point.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. I've said it before, but it was a crucial play in OT, and I saw him make a run at the QB, miss and then just watch the rest of the play.............The next day, I watched Mario do the same thing, but get back up and win the game by getting to Tannehill (I believe), forcing him into a bad pass on 4th down.

When I used to talk about this, people told me that Clowney will do what Mario did once he gets paid to do it. I don't know - I think he has a lot of Maybin in him.

I can even see taking a few plays off during the game. But, this was do or die at this point.

oh, its a fair question - no doubt. but even with those questions he went #1 and that wasnt due to a single highlight was my main point.

succeed or not, the guy is a physical specimen that maybin never was. he has the speed of maybin at his lowest weight, coupled with size/bulk that maybin couldnt get to ever. (and for some reason im remembering what a goon maybin was with the jets saying his metabolism was so high that he could week to week change his weight so much that he could go from elite speed rusher to bulky run defender ANY GIVEN WEEK. crazy.)

I agree with all that, and I know it wasn't just the one play. I just hated him for what he did that last year when SC fans thought they had a shot at the national championship. I'll never forget that played I happened to catch. It's all I needed to know. I'm not sure if real football players can turn on and off that competitiveness.

is this the same type that is hobbling nba players like joel imbiid? and greg oden? Oden certainly never was healthy enough in his disappointing 'career',

Yes. Microfracture surgery usually means a player comes back a shadow of his former self. Clowney's entire game is built around his explosiveness off the ball. It's safe to say there is little chance he will return as the domimant player he was before. Damned shame.

GO BILLS!!!

is this the same type that is hobbling nba players like joel imbiid? and greg oden? Oden certainly never was healthy enough in his disappointing 'career',

I thought Imbiid has problems with his feet, not his knee?

I'm probably wrong on this, but I think the microfracture part (which somebody above pointed out, sounds relatively harmless) is what the surgeon actually does to the kneecap - it's not a tiny fracture from an injury. The surgeon makes the tiny fracture and I believe that is supposed to trigger cartilage growth and other healing things.

I'm probably wrong on this, but I think the microfracture part (which somebody above pointed out, sounds relatively harmless) is what the surgeon actually does to the kneecap - it's not a tiny fracture from an injury. The surgeon makes the tiny fracture and I believe that is supposed to trigger cartilage growth and other healing things.

thats what i thought too. and my knees ached just thinking of it.

I thought the doc said he was looking great? Bad news for the texans...if healthy that defense could be so much better.

It could simply be the team taking it easy on him too. Sitting him out the start of camp isn't always the same as unhealthy

Oden yes. Not sure on Imbiid. It's just a career-robbing procedure.

GO BILLS!!!

I thought the doc said he was looking great? Bad news for the texans...if healthy that defense could be so much better.

They would have one hell of trio up front IF Clowney lived up to his billing, and healthy.

It could simply be the team taking it easy on him too. Sitting him out the start of camp isn't always the same as unhealthy

Could be. But doesnt the kid really need some reps?

even the half speed no contact kind of field time?

and Bust means becoming just a serviceable player at this point for him.

texanz took a risk. common knowledge. played through injury but played to half his potential.

Mentally not strong enough>

physically a dream come true.

Wish upon a star : )

He's an idiot.

dont care.

could been a contenda?

Man oh man, with Watt, Wilfo and him playing like it was 2012? woof!! That would be a w -reckoning i bet.

oh well too bad now go away

Edited by 3rdand12

Bruce Smith had microfracture surgery in 1991 and he had a rough season but he returned to defensive MVP form and was great for the next decade.

I think he had a different knee surgery in '91. His microfracture surgery was in '98. Regardless, he's one of the few exceptions to the rule, as he had several more pretty decent seasons afterwards.

GO BILLS!!!

yep, if you do it once you will do it again. He'll probably retire in a few yrs stating wanting to be healthy when he is old.

I think so, too. Right after that season, I was talking to a scout, and I told him about that play. He said he didn't see it yet, but he would - and he would definitely take it into account. I had asked him if that's something they would look past.

I think he had a different knee surgery in '91. His microfracture surgery was in '98. Regardless, he's one of the few exceptions to the rule, as he had several more pretty decent seasons afterwards.

GO BILLS!!!

I believe there are more successes than you think. It wouldn't appear to be any more than 50/50 but we aren't talking "only Bruce Smith" can do it.

BTW according to his Doctor (Steadman) Bruce had THREE microfracture procedures and Bruce credits him with extending his career.

I think there may be a lot more of these done than we know about as well because they ARE controversial.