Josh freeman

What the hell happened here?!! This guy looked like the real deal Holyfield, and the future of the Bucs. Obviously there is something off with this guy, but I'd love to have him in camp rather then Matt Simms (no offense). Still only 27...does this guy deserve Another real shot? In our never ending search for a franchise qb I say take the flier.

At this point I trust all the people ditching him but am curious to hear the candid stories. Dude is huge, mobile, had a great run of games that extended for quite awhile.... Normally you don't go from fringe pro bowl qb to can't even be a backup THAT quickly

At this point I trust all the people ditching him but am curious to hear the candid stories. Dude is huge, mobile, had a great run of games that extended for quite awhile.... Normally you don't go from fringe pro bowl qb to can't even be a backup THAT quickly

Rumors around Freeman included some substantial drug abuse issues (not talking stuff like pot) and that he's gay (not that there's anything wrong with that). Again, just rumors, but persistent ones.

What the hell happened here?!! This guy looked like the real deal Holyfield, and the future of the Bucs. Obviously there is something off with this guy, but I'd love to have him in camp rather then Matt Simms (no offense). Still only 27...does this guy deserve Another real shot? In our never ending search for a franchise qb I say take the flier.

I wondered the same thing file reading that the fins released him ! While starting for the Bucs he threw for over 4 K yards & his TD to INT was real good also , so something else must be up with him .

But the Bucs can't seem to find a good QB which sounds familiar !

I'm not going to lie, his numbers haven't been that great. That said, I'm looking at Cassel's numbers and seriously Freeman is interchangeable or better. I'm not saying we should pull the trigger, but I'm sure he could be had for a lot less.

Maybe we can recreate the Vikes QB situation.

Maybe we can recreate the Vikes QB situation.

You mean the 1971 version with the QB triad of Gary Cuozzo, Bob Lee (not THAT Bob Lee), & Norm Snead...along with the fierce 'Purple People Eaters' defense? ;) (Look it up, kids)

Rumors around Freeman included some substantial drug abuse issues (not talking stuff like pot) and that he's gay (not that there's anything wrong with that). Again, just rumors, but persistent ones.

I can't find any clips to demonstrate - but I remember when he came in for the Vikings, the whole time he was playing I noticed how weird his eyes looked. They were so wide open, and he just seemed to have a substance influenced composure/posture. Maybe its because he was nervous or anxious on his way to a QBR of 3.2 or whatever that day. I dunno

Anyway, as much potential he seemed to have five years ago - I think its gone, and so do the teams he tries out for. Jeff Tuel can stick on a roster, but Josh Freeman can't? That is enough for me to say "Funk dat".