Shady hosting females-only party(now:back to business party)

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That invite is one of the most embarrassing things I have ever seen from an NFL player.

Lets see...

Murder, murder for hire, rape, killing someone while driving drunk, beating children, knocking spouses out, gun charges, throwing a party inviting women only. All of these things have been done by NFL players while active in the league.

One of these things is not like the other.

I just don't get it anymore. How can people seriously care about this? How can people get up in arms about this? Message boards are sometimes fantastic but man this year something has broken in me. I am in awe that something like this actually upsets people.

Whaley too

I hope not.

1. When a guy has a family, it's time to give over frat parties and their high-end equivalent. Any plan that involves an out-of-town party where you wouldn't be comfortable bringing your spouse is a bad plan.

2. It's one thing to get loose and socialize with players at bowling/laser tag/a beer it's another to party hearty at their level. Rex and Whaley are the bosses, and it's a problem in the making either way - potential problem for team discipline if Shady *is* comfortable doing "whatever" with them in the room (and they do whatever in front of Shady and his buds), problem for his pre-TC bash if he isn't.

I hope not.

1. When a guy has a family, it's time to give over frat parties and their high-end equivalent. Any plan that involves an out-of-town party where you wouldn't be comfortable bringing your spouse is a bad plan.

2. It's one thing to get loose and socialize with players at bowling/laser tag/a beer it's another to party hearty at their level. Rex and Whaley are the bosses, and it's a problem in the making either way - potential problem for team discipline if Shady *is* comfortable doing "whatever" with them in the room (and they do whatever in front of Shady and his buds), problem for his pre-TC bash if he isn't.

i was just kidding

The fact that the Bills told him that they don't want their logo anywhere near this orgy of his tells me that they aren't exactly getting warm fuzzy feelings about it either.

Bills direct McCoy to remove Instagram post inviting women only to party (The post used a Bills logo behind a photo of McCoy.)

“We have reached out to LeSean and informed him that players are not permitted to use team marks for personal use without prior permission from the team,” the Bills said in a statement issued to ESPN.com.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/23/bills-direct-mccoy-to-remove-instagram-post-inviting-women-only-to-party/

Nowhere in the article do the Bills say that they don't approve of the party...

Edited by LeGOATski

Nowhere in the article do the Bills say that they don't approve of the party...

Nowhere in the article do the Bills say that they do approve of the party either. So I guess using the article to determine whether or not they do or don't approve is pretty pointless, huh?

Nowhere in the article do the Bills say that they do approve of the party either. So I guess using the article to determine whether or not they do or don't approve is pretty pointless, huh?

That's my point.

The Bills issue the general statement "A player can't use our logo for personal reasons without permission" and the author makes a dramatic title about how "the Bills don't approve of his sketchy party!"

The Bills would issue the same statement if he had used the logo for his own youth football camp, but no one would hear about it.

Bottom line. They don't care if he holds an innocent party. They won't care unless he ends up doing something criminal or against NFL rules.

Personally, I'd love to see Marcell Dareus signed long term. If Mario can restructure to help make that happen, that'd be great. This season looks like it'll be good if we can get some decent QB play.

Oh sorry. Thought this was a Buffalo Bills football page. I forget sometimes that it's celebrity gossip.

Personally, I'd love to see Marcell Dareus signed long term. If Mario can restructure to help make that happen, that'd be great. This season looks like it'll be good if we can get some decent QB play.

Oh sorry. Thought this was a Buffalo Bills football page. I forget sometimes that it's celebrity gossip.

Somebody holding a gun to your head and forcing you to read through it? Didn't think so.

Got a topic you'd like to discuss that hasn't already been discussed every which way and back again this offseason? Great! Go start a thread about it. If it's interesting enough, I'm sure people will be along shortly.

Somebody holding a gun to your head and forcing you to read through it? Didn't think so.

Got a topic you'd like to discuss that hasn't already been discussed every which way and back again this offseason? Great! Go start a thread about it. If it's interesting enough, I'm sure people will be along shortly.

Do you see the number of Bills logos next to my name? I out rank you. I'll get my buddy BringBackFergy up in here, dude has 15 Bills logos, and VIP near his name.

#tool.

The thought has come to me that it is a good thing that Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and the like did not exist 25 years ago. Social media and those Bills' players would not have been a good mix. The stories we have heard are bad enough without them having been documented for posterity. Social media is becoming like many social diseases, ugliness that's shared and lasts forever.

Lets see...

Murder, murder for hire, rape, killing someone while driving drunk, beating children, knocking spouses out, gun charges, throwing a party inviting women only. All of these things have been done by NFL players while active in the league.

One of these things is not like the other.

I just don't get it anymore. How can people seriously care about this? How can people get up in arms about this? Message boards are sometimes fantastic but man this year something has broken in me. I am in awe that something like this actually upsets people.

I would prefer Bills players to be virtuous.

But Shady's vices are hardly unique - or very serious.

I've heard stories that some single Bills players once season pitched in their money to fund a bachelor pad for these kinds of parties. Young men will be young men.

I like Fred Jackson better and respect him more. But these kinds of antics from Shady won't make me cheer any less enthusiastically when he breaks lose into NE's secondary.

I think it's time for Thurman and Freddy to pay Shady a visit and have a discussion on what it means to be a professional football player.

Be on time for meetings....

Study your playbook...

Know your assignments...

Never, ever listen to fans...

Got it.