Do We Have Any Bernie Sanders Supporters Among Us?

That was a start. Then I looked up how many private universities there are in Germany. Less than 100. There are almost 2000 in the US. What do we do with all them? Make golf courses out of them?

And, it appears there are no great universities in Germany.

Are you implying Bern is trying to offer something that, at this moment, doesn't exist?

Tell us...what does Bern know the rest of the world doesn't know?

We'll wait.

I quoted the relavent passage from his speech. Creating a new program, or agency in place of the SBA was your strawman.

The cooperative model isn't exactly being championed by the SBA. I don't think you get the idea of cooperation.

Soviet Union has been dead for 25 years and there's still no shortage of people proclaiming that it failed because it wasn't implemented properly.

I forgot to reply to this. It's worse than that actually. It's racist worse.

They don't just proclaim it's failure due to poor implementation, they claim it failed because Russians are backward, lesser people, and are fond of citing Peter the Great having to do what he did just to get them even close to being human(which, is how they excuse their proposed totalitarian methods). Damn Slavs. They also claim that the Brown and Black people who implemented Communism were backward as well.

No. If only the White USA would implement Communism, then we'd be getting somewhere. We are enlightened, so we'd be able to do it right. :lol:

I ain't kidding. When I had the hilarious experience of living in Center City when the Communist(International A.N.S.W.E.R.)protests against the RNC convention were going on, I heard this rhetoric over and over in every bar that was invaded by these clowns. It was a field day for the bouncers. So many bar regulars would pick fights just to see them get squished.

That was the most hilarious 3 weeks of my life. The entire city of Philly ate them up, ripped them off, beat their asses, and spit them out. It was open season.

I may agree with you, that the problem isn't that those who don't deserve it can't afford it. The problem is that most have to borrow large amounts, and some who do deserve it, can't afford it.

I don't think that a "free for all," system will be proposed. That's impractical. And, even if you don't deserve it, there will still be plenty of private institutions who will accept you, if you can afford it.

If you don't deserve it, and can't afford it, well, college isn't for everyone.

How will the plan determine who deserves college and who doesn't?

I forgot to reply to this. It's worse than that actually. It's racist worse.

They don't just proclaim it's failure due to poor implementation, they claim it failed because Russians are backward, lesser people, and are fond of citing Peter the Great having to do what he did just to get them even close to being human(which, is how they excuse their proposed totalitarian methods). Damn Slavs. They also claim that the Brown and Black people who implemented Communism were backward as well.

No. If only the White USA would implement Communism, then we'd be getting somewhere. We are enlightened, so we'd be able to do it right. :lol:

I ain't kidding. When I had the hilarious experience of living in Center City when the Communist(International A.N.S.W.E.R.)protests against the RNC convention were going on, I heard this rhetoric over and over in every bar that was invaded by these clowns. It was a field day for the bouncers. So many bar regulars would pick fights just to see them get squished.

That was the most hilarious 3 weeks of my life. The entire city of Philly ate them up, ripped them off, beat their asses, and spit them out. It was open season.

violence against those you disagree with. great :thumbdown:

Bernie Sanders appears to be pretty authentic and that's what people like about him. Plus he talks about giving free stuff and let's face it, about half the population like the free ****. But, his policy proposals aren't grounded in reality for this country, I mean I'm sure sure he'd make a good prime minister of Denmark, but as a country we aren't quite there yet. Of course that could change, if the GOP becomes a dissolved party and transforms itself to a "far right" party, that abandons economic "conservative" principles and becomes infatuated with immigration, nationalism etc much like we see across Europe, then we'll probably get there in short order.

Which obviously would be disastrous. I shudder to think of the possibilities of what would happen to U.S corporations and small businesses not to mention U.S debt if Bernie had his way.

Edited by Magox

There's this thing called grades...

I haven't been so school in over 30 years but I want to make a career change and want to get a degree in psychology. How do you determine if I get in or not? Aaaaaaaand go!

Edited by Chef Jim

I haven't been so school in over 30 years but I want to make a career change and want to get a degree in psychology. How do you determine if I get in or not? Aaaaaaaand go!

Enroll in a community college and work real hard

So how do I get my free degree?

Nothing is a free

Not if we deduct grade points from the achievers and give them to those less fortunate.

Great point. Actually we do that now through admissions based on factors other than grades.

If Bernie is so determined to get more people to college, why is he not campaigning to make it illegal to quit high school? That's free now yet so many in some areas choose not to finish.

Edited by keepthefaith