Do We Have Any Bernie Sanders Supporters Among Us?

The Democrats: Too Old and Too White?
by Victor Davis Hanson
Leftwinger's taunts in 2008 and 2012 have come back to haunt them
Every Day Is Old-Timers’ Day in the Democratic Party

The Democrats: Too Old and Too White?
by Victor Davis Hanson
Leftwinger's taunts in 2008 and 2012 have come back to haunt them
Every Day Is Old-Timers’ Day in the Democratic Party

Millenials and minorities will be voting for Democrats, because of the issues.

It's not a disadvantage to be old, or to be white. It's a disadvantage to be Republican on most issues (and think like it's still 1982).

It's not a disadvantage to be old, or to be white. It's a disadvantage to be Republican on most issues (and think like it's still 1982).

Yup because millennials are really up to date on how these issues will affect the country in the future. Do you really want twenty and thirty somethings of any generation shaping policy?

Yup because millennials are really up to date on how these issues will affect the country in the future. Do you really want twenty and thirty somethings of any generation shaping policy?

I do.

They are voters and consumers. Their votes and dollars count the same. Their ideas may not be tempered with experience, but their ideas are unencumbered by habitual behavior also. They can think outside of the box, for the simple fact that they haven't learned the boundaries yet.

Millenials want to be included, and the party that figures out how best to include them has that much more to gain. Also, Millenials are now old enough to have had jobs and failures and realize that they don't know everything. Given the choice between the two parties, they are drawn to the more inclusive party instinctively.

LOL.........................have you been paying attention at all over the past six years ?

The GOP now has the majority in both the House and the Senate.

The GOP now controls 68 out of 98 partisan state legislative chambers

They have 33 Governorships to the dems 17

Yeah, that Republican disadvantage is just another media myth.

I do.

They are voters and consumers. Their votes and dollars count the same. Their ideas may not be tempered with experience, but their ideas are unencumbered by habitual behavior also. They can think outside of the box, for the simple fact that they haven't learned the boundaries yet.

Millenials want to be included, and the party that figures out how best to include them has that much more to gain. Also, Millenials are now old enough to have had jobs and failures and realize that they don't know everything. Given the choice between the two parties, they are drawn to the more inclusive party instinctively.

Holy **** dude. If you think the Dems are really a party of inclusion and not a party of pandering you're as clueless as the 27 year old barrista with vocal fry.

LOL.........................have you been paying attention at all over the past six years ?

The GOP now has the majority in both the House and the Senate.

The GOP now controls 68 out of 98 partisan state legislative chambers

They have 33 Governorships to the dems 17

Yeah, that Republican disadvantage is just another media myth.

I'm pretty confident where I stand on the point about older and whiter. If you want to retreat from the points I made about younger voters and minorities, that's fine.

Holy **** dude. If you think the Dems are really a party of inclusion and not a party of pandering you're as clueless as the 27 year old barrista with vocal fry.

You too. I've been a sous-chef, and respect your business. It takes experience and creativity.

I'm in my mid-thirties and mid-management. Durable Goods. You don't need to pay the 27 year old like a peer, just show him some respect, and he'll want to join your party, organization, staff, in my opinion.

I'm pretty confident where I stand on the point about older and whiter. If you want to retreat from the points I made about younger voters and minorities, that's fine.

You too. I've been a sous-chef, and respect your business. It takes experience and creativity.

I'm in my mid-thirties and mid-management. Durable Goods. You don't need to pay the 27 year old like a peer, just show him some respect, and he'll want to join your party, organization, staff, in my opinion.

So how does someone like old man Sanders (and for someone like me to call him old means he's OLD!) shown millenials respect?

So how does someone like old man Sanders (and for someone like me to call him old means he's OLD!) shown millenials respect?

He's good with social media, talks about college loans, and talks a lot about a better future. He speaks to the sort of dreams that younger folks have, higher wages, clean energy, etc.

I want to qualify that by saying that he has tremendous experience as a politician, and has actually accomplished some things. In that way, he draws them in like a magnet, and with his accomplishments is a sort of role model.

He's good with social media, talks about college loans, and talks a lot about a better future. He speaks to the sort of dreams that younger folks have, higher wages, clean energy, etc.

I want to qualify that by saying that he has tremendous experience as a politician, and has actually accomplished some things. In that way, he draws them in like a magnet, and with his accomplishments is a sort of role model.

Well sure. The best way to draw those in like a magnet is to pander. And we all know social media presence is key to leadership.

Well sure. The best way to draw those in like a magnet is to pander. And we all know social media presence is key to leadership.

Well, pandering, you could call it.

Yeah, social media - you make a couple of valid points. Trump makes waves and gains the most followers on Twitter. That doesn't mean Bernie's not got substance. No Super Pac, and there's lots of Millenials giving up their beer money to him, here and there. That, to me, thinking back to my 20's, giving up my beer money to some politician! Something going on there.

It's not gaining a ton of attention now. I'm not trying to blow smoke, but it seems bigger than Obama was at this stage in the game. There's something to be reckoned with, I feel, but at this stage, it's too early to tell.

My 19 year old nephew plans on voting for Trump - because he likes him on The Apprentice

My 19 year old nephew plans on voting for Trump - because he likes him on The Apprentice

He's not a Millennial, you probably know, but I feel your pain. I highly doubt he ends up voting, simply because these votes can't be texted. But I prescribe, and it's only in the most recalcitrant cases that I prescribe this medication, but, I prescribe more time in front of Fox News watching Megyn Kelly. :blush:

Edited by Franz Kafka

I do.

They don't understand basic economics and their political views have been collectively shaped by pop culture rather than any intellectual decision making based on an understanding of the issues.

He promises a unicorn in every driveway, and his supporters so passionately desire a world where every family has a unicorn that they can't bring themselves to face the logistical impossibility of it all.

They don't understand basic economics and their political views have been collectively shaped by pop culture rather than any intellectual decision making based on an understanding of the issues.

He promises a unicorn in every driveway, and his supporters so passionately desire a world where every family has a unicorn that they can't bring themselves to face the logistical impossibility of it all.

You can say the same about the supporters of the current GOP lead.

You can say the same about the supporters of the current GOP lead.

Perhaps, but I think you have two different types of movements going on here. The Sanders movement is an ideological one. the Trump movement is more of an anti-establishment rebellion within the party - It's more about attitude than policy

Perhaps, but I think you have two different types of movements going on here. The Sanders movement is an ideological one. the Trump movement is more of an anti-establishment rebellion within the party - It's more about attitude than policy

Doesn't matter to me. Both sides are ignorant of reality and basic laws of supply & demand.

Well, seeIng how the Grand OLD Party is picking Trump, I think the younger folks seem to have a clearer idea of what's going on

Well, seeIng how the Grand OLD Party is picking Trump, I think the younger folks seem to have a clearer idea of what's going on

I think they're picking him because he's been talking about the 700 pound gorilla in the room....immigration. We've had nothing but feel good immigration policies for decades and he's bringing it to the forefront. Does he have the right ideas and solutions? No but at least he's opening up the conversation. If you think our current immigration policy needs some major changes I can't help you.

The younger generation does not have a clue what's going on. They get their clues from places like the colleges and universities that they recently graduated from and Jon Stewart. And those places are not always based in reality.

I think they're picking him because he's been talking about the 700 pound gorilla in the room....immigration. We've had nothing but feel good immigration policies for decades and he's bringing it to the forefront. Does he have the right ideas and solutions? No but at least he's opening up the conversation. If you think our current immigration policy needs some major changes I can't help you.

The younger generation does not have a clue what's going on. They get their clues from places like the colleges and universities that they recently graduated from and Jon Stewart. And those places are not always based in reality.

Yes, the older, whiter Republicans are afraid of immigrants, the younger people just are not. Fear is the only thing driving Trump's campaign. Skapegoating immigrants is not a ploy that in any way should be applauded.