Do We Have Any Bernie Sanders Supporters Among Us?

College should be free because it would be good for the country and the individual Wall Street should pay for it because like cigarettes it's bad for the country and the individual.

That's not only not an answer, it's not even a sentence that makes sense. Your sentence literally suggests that free college is good because college is bad for the country and individuals because college is like a cigarette, and therefore should be paid for by Wall Street investors.

Your sentence couldn't be any more stupid if you got Miss Teen South Carolina to read it to everyone while on stage.

I was just saying I did not know. So you and trash are both wrong. Not sure why you had to tag onto that, he comes out and attacks me for nothing and you join him?

These are such stupid questions. A more educated and skilled workforce isn't going to help the country? And yes, it will be open to everyone that will want to go in and tray and work and get decent grades.

Explain how "free" is going to provide a more skilled workforce. And who's going to teach all these people? So tens of millions of people all of a sudden decide to go back to college because it's all of a sudden "free?" I know I would. Not to use this skills for work but I just like to learn things. Yup well thought out plan

That's not only not an answer, it's not even a sentence that makes sense. Your sentence literally suggests that free college is good because college is bad for the country and individuals because college is like a cigarette, and therefore should be paid for by Wall Street investors.

Your sentence couldn't be any more stupid if you got Miss Teen South Carolina to read it to everyone while on stage.

You know I've been wracking my brain all day trying to figure out where I heard his answer before. Thanks for solving that for me.

:lol:

Explain how "free" is going to provide a more skilled workforce. And who's going to teach all these people? So tens of millions of people all of a sudden decide to go back to college because it's all of a sudden "free?" I know I would. Not to use this skills for work but I just like to learn things. Yup well thought out plan

All these people? How many people are going to go to college if it's free tuition? Since you have it all thought out, let's here it. Where did you get the figure tens of millions?

All these people? How many people are going to go to college if it's free tuition? Since you have it all thought out, let's here it. Where did you get the figure tens of millions?

How many? I have no idea. And where did I het the tens of millions from. My ass. Where do you think? But if you don't see massive amounts of people signing up for a degree they don't have because they couldn't afford it you're kidding yourself.

Oh and you think we have an immigration problem now wait until we offer free college.

Edited by Chef Jim

You answered nothing. Please explain how "free" college is going to benefit the country and individuals? Are you talking Bachelor, Masters, Phd's? How's it going to work? Who gets in and why? Can't all of a sudden open the doors to all comers.

And why is WS as bad as cigarette? That's an effing assinine comparison. If you're taxing bad things to fund education why not tax actual cigarettes. Remember when they introduced the lottery and all that money was going to help the schools? How's that worked out?

You don't understand how a more educated citizenry is a benefit? you don't understand how that college debt delays household formation and the economic cost that delay entails? well you are plenty stupid I'll give you that.

Chef you have asked why is Wall Street as bad as Cigarettes the answer is that Wall Street representing the financial sector in general has become a parasitical drain on the real physical economy and a financial transaction tax would curb what I consider the most extreme example of this parasitical behavior High-frequency trading.

How many? I have no idea. And where did I het the tens of millions from. My ass. Where do you think? But if you don't see massive amounts of people signing up for a degree they don't have because they couldn't afford it you're kidding yourself.

Oh and you think we have an immigration problem now wait until we offer free college.

Don't know? Better watch out, a certain piece of trash might jump on you for that!

No, I don't actually see people crashing the college gates to get in. Something like 20% of people don't even finish high school, many more don't get high enough grades to get into college and many people simply hate school. Sure, there will be more, but I'm assuming not a flood of people. But even if there is, community colleges can be expanded, not the end of the world there.

Don't know? Better watch out, a certain piece of trash might jump on you for that!

No, I don't actually see people crashing the college gates to get in. Something like 20% of people don't even finish high school, many more don't get high enough grades to get into college and many people simply hate school. Sure, there will be more, but I'm assuming not a flood of people. But even if there is, community colleges can be expanded, not the end of the world there.

He can jump my **** all he wants I'm not a toddler that will call him a poopy head

BTW who's talking community college? Sanders is talking about universities. How many CC grads all of a sudden are going to go after a 4 year degree.

Edited by Chef Jim

He can jump my **** all he wants I'm not a toddler that will call him a poopy head

BTW who's talking community college? Sanders is talking about universities. How many CC grads all of a sudden are going to go after a 4 year degree.

So you are arguing that, say, UB is suddenly going to be overwhelmed with students? Everyone and anyone that wants to go, even someone as lowly as RobsHouse can just show up? It doesn't work that way

You don't understand how a more educated citizenry is a benefit? you don't understand how that college debt delays household formation and the economic cost that delay entails? well you are plenty stupid I'll give you that.

Chef you have asked why is Wall Street as bad as Cigarettes the answer is that Wall Street representing the financial sector in general has become a parasitical drain on the real physical economy and a financial transaction tax would curb what I consider the most extreme example of this parasitical behavior High-frequency trading.

High frequency trading is the same as cigarette smoking? Precious.

High frequency trading is the same as cigarette smoking? Precious.

Of course. They're both highly addictive, cancer-causing activities that only exist because corporations forced them on the American people.

Or something. !@#$, I don't know. I always thought high frequency trading was more like fluoridated water.

how likely do you think it is that she's a conservative republican? and that she votes?

how likely do you think it is that she's a conservative republican? and that she votes?

Says the guy who aligns himself with a resident SoProg like ...lybob who literally believes college is bad like cancer and as a result Wall Street should pay for it to make college good again.

We can do this all day.

Says the guy who aligns himself with a resident SoProg like ...lybob who literally believes college is bad like cancer and as a result Wall Street should pay for it to make college good again.

We can do this all day.

How many people here are FOR FREE, giving their input, criticisms, and advice? Raise your hands.

How many post from work? Let's see the hands. (quite a few, quite a few)

And how many are disability, unemployment, or Social Security? Raise em up. (not bad, not bad)

Thank you very much.

I just want to find out the sources that are subsidizing these posts.

For the record, I only post on my free time, and I support Bernie Sanders 100%

If you can't follow my logic, than maybe you should have had the benefit of a free University education. The times they are a changin'. For the better. Excelsior!

How many people here are FOR FREE, giving their input, criticisms, and advice? Raise your hands.

And how many are disability, unemployment, or Social Security? Raise em up. (not bad, not bad)

Thank you very much.

If you can't follow my logic, than maybe you should have had the benefit of a free University education. The times they are a changin'. For the better. Excelsior!

Yes, you're very special. Have a cookie.

The real question that never gets answered is: how do you implement this in an economically viable way?

Sure, more education (assuming it's focused on teaching marketable work skills) is good and student debt is bad. These are universally accepted truisms. But how do you provide more education with less student debt that doesn't have a net cost to society that exceeds that of the current system?

Because it sounds like this proposed system will exponentially increase costs and at a far greater rate than it will increase educational output, it's just that the cost will be hidden in a collective system where it's impact on the individual is just as great, but not as easily identifiable.

Thank you very much.

On something of a side note, what do you think about modern American political correctness and the systematic destruction of those who step over a PC line?

Edited by Rob's House