Do We Have Any Bernie Sanders Supporters Among Us?

Yes, the older, whiter Republicans are afraid of immigrants, the younger people just are not. Fear is the only thing driving Trump's campaign. Skapegoating immigrants is not a ploy that in any way should be applauded.

Where have any of us (I'm white and older but not Republican) said we have an issue with immigrants and immigration?

Where have any of us (I'm white and older but not Republican) said we have an issue with immigrants and immigration?

Please remember...It's not for gatorman to reason. It's only for him to copy/paste. If his overlords tell him old, white Republicans are afraid of immigrants, it is so in his mind because he is otherwise incapable of original thought.

Why do you care? You cannot speak to either with any sort of intellectual honesty or eloquence on either topic so it shouldn't matter either way to you. :beer:

Why do you care if I care? What's the matter? Has your tinfoil hat's batteries run down and there's no new conspiracy theories to report on? Not that I care, mind you

Please remember...It's not for gatorman to reason. It's only for him to copy/paste. If his overlords tell him old, white Republicans are afraid of immigrants, it is so in his mind because he is otherwise incapable of original thought.

Hey come on now, Mr Journalist. That's bad reporting. Good journalists don't just make crap up, like you are doing, they report facts. So am I right that the only thing you were doing in class was failing? Just trying to get the facts! ;)

So you want to make this about the people on the board here, and not about the political trends in the nation? Why?

Yes. Because you paint us all with a broad brush so when you say older, white, Republicans you're referring to many of us here as well correct?

Edited by Chef Jim

Why do you care if I care? What's the matter? Has your tinfoil hat's batteries run down and there's no new conspiracy theories to report on? Not that I care, mind you

I've told you before, step your insult game up. They're weak. You can do better than that. Tinfoil hats do not require batteries. They're designed to keep things out, no batteries are needed.

Yes. Because you paint us all with a broad brush so when you say older, white, Republicans you're referring to many of us here as well correct?

Nope, because you guys are too small of an example. Trump polling so high with GOP voters is much more informative.

And it allows you to make your case without having to debate with anyone. Good job.

Not true at all. You can debate all you want! But I will say this, and let's remember this! Asking questions and not stating a position yourself is not debating. You do that all the time. Next time you fail to state a position and just start asking questions, I'll remind you of that.

Not true at all. You can debate all you want! But I will say this, and let's remember this! Asking questions and not stating a position yourself is not debating. You do that all the time. Next time you fail to state a position and just start asking questions, I'll remind you of that.

I am not against immigration. There, that's my stance. Debate away.

That's it? What about the illegals that come afterwards? How are you planning on stemming that flow? Free college isn't going to do it that's for sure.

That's a different question. Not sure how I would make an immigration policy if I had the power to. I'm sure they are going to keep coming as long as our economy creates jobs and I'm pretty sure a wall would be a joke, but aside from that I do not know. You asked, so you must have n idea, what is it?

Me either, and I support a path to citizenship for those already here...

I use to, but not anymore. I have come to the conclusion that rewarding illegal behavior with citizenship is a bridge too far for me walk. I know of many friends of mine who have tried to go through the onerous process of trying to get a visa and ultimately a legal status to get and stay here. And all too often they are unable to obtain this legal status. Rewarding people who came here illegally not just with legal status, but taking it to the next level, citizenship is wholly unfair.

Since they are already here, we can't break up the families and rip them from their communities and ship them home as much as Trump's supporters would love to see. But that doesn't mean we give them the rights to become citizens, legal status of residency is more than fair.

Edited by Magox

That's a different question. Not sure how I would make an immigration policy if I had the power to. I'm sure they are going to keep coming as long as our economy creates jobs and I'm pretty sure a wall would be a joke, but aside from that I do not know. You asked, so you must have n idea, what is it?

Crack down BIG TIME on employers. Stop giving them incentives to come here. Our economy creates the jobs but the employers fill them with cheap, off the record illegal labor. You're all for taxes how much revenue is missed due to black market employment. A wall is impractical but better border security may help I don't know about that seeing I'm not there on a daily basis seeing what's actually being done. We also need to work with the countries that are the biggest offender s(i.e. Mexico and Central America). How once again I'm not sure but they absolutely have to have some skin in the game. The issue with the illegal immigration coming to this country is that for the most part it's not the best and brightest coming across our southern border. It is for the most part unskilled and uneducated and that is not what we need to make this country greater. We have plenty of people born in this country that are unskilled and uneducated that can do those jobs already. They have no incentive to take them. Remove their incentives to not work and they will once again do those jobs they were doing decades ago.