The GOP Nomination--The Donald and So Much More!

But they never do in the primaries. You always have to appeal to the swing votes...in the general election, that means the moderates and independents that have loose or non-existent party affiliations. But in the primaries, those swing votes are the more extreme party members.

I don't worry about their position statements in the primaries, since it's party-platform bull ****. And to tell the truth, I don't worry much about them in the general election either. Any deeply held conviction they have gets beaten out of them soon enough by government bureaucracy. Management and leadership skills trumps policy bull **** every day of the week.

But they never do in the primaries. You always have to appeal to the swing votes...in the general election, that means the moderates and independents that have loose or non-existent party affiliations. But in the primaries, those swing votes are the more extreme party members.

I don't worry about their position statements in the primaries, since it's party-platform bull ****. And to tell the truth, I don't worry much about them in the general election either. Any deeply held conviction they have gets beaten out of them soon enough by government bureaucracy. Management and leadership skills trumps policy bull **** every day of the week.

I don't wholly disagree. However there are many shades of grey between white and black, meaning that some people pander or flop positions more than others and that can hurt candidates. Whether it's flopping, look at how G.W destroyed Kerry with that label or Romney saying things like "Self-Deport" and that he was "severely" conservative that ended up hurting him with some voters.

Yeah and I tend to like people with executive over legislative experience. Bush, Perry, Kasich and Walker all have impressive records that they can run on and certainly should look to highlight them.

I'm believing more each day that he's going to run a spoiler campaign as a 3rd party candidate.

He's as spiteful of the GOP establishment as HR Perot was of GHW.

I think he's a Clinton mole.

I doubt he runs as a 3rd party candidate unless polls very clearly show him taking a lot of votes from Hillary and the R candidate and I don't believe for a minute that he's a Hillary mole.

I doubt he runs as a 3rd party candidate unless polls very clearly show him taking a lot of votes from Hillary and the R candidate and I don't believe for a minute that he's a Hillary mole.

At the very least I have to believe that by the time the election comes around, you'll be able to count the number of Trump voters on the hand of a bad woodshop teacher.

At the very least I have to believe that by the time the election comes around, you'll be able to count the number of Trump voters on the hand of a bad woodshop teacher.

Funny you mention that, there was an article written by a GOP consultant in Politico yesterday from Rick Wilson, it was quite condescending and he referred to what you were talking about as “herpes and a hangover” :lol:

They may have had fun the night before, but they’ll regret the hangover for a day. However, if Trump’s games in this campaign lead to the election of Hillary Clinton, they’ll regret the herpes a lot longer.

Or maybe it's because he is facing the same spineless GOP that have lost the last 2 elections. Trump is the first one in years that is saying what needs to be said out loud and its upsetting all the libs cause he is gaining traction.In the long run a third party run by Trump would wake up the Republican base and he would be just as loud as the democrats for once and fight back instead of being concerned about tone.

Yeah, democrats are terrified of Trump. :lol: The only ones worried about Trump are in the GOP. The democrats pray Trump actually wins the nomination (not that Trump actually wants the nomination).

You're about as sharp as a spoon.

The TV host is at or near the top of many opinion polls of the 16 Republican candidates for the November, 2016 presidential election, worrying the party establishment, which fears he could turn off moderate voters.

Trump threatened in an interview published on Thursday

to run as a political independent if he does not get "fair" treatment from the Republican Party.

He said any third-party bid would depend on the Republican National Committee's actions during the party's primary selection process, according to The Hill.

"I'll have to see how I'm being treated by the Republicans," Trump was quoted as saying. "Absolutely, if they're not fair, that would be a factor."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/07/23/us-usa-election-trump-idUSKCN0PX1OO20150723

Just wonderful! :thumbsup::lol:

Hey, that's not fair. He read the word "Federal" in "Federal Reserve" and presumed to know everything about it. So, you know, he read at least one word in his life.

I think he might have heard that on the radio or something.

Yeah, democrats are terrified of Trump. :lol: The only ones worried about Trump are in the GOP. The democrats pray Trump actually wins the nomination (not that Trump actually wants the nomination).

You're about as sharp as a spoon.

Disagree. Trump IMO will do better among blue collar and union workers than any of his republican challengers. He has a long history of working with unions (most of which is good history) and he will be able be able to appeal to that crowd. His jobs first, Americans first position is likely to be popular among some democrats.

Disagree. Trump IMO will do better among blue collar and union workers than any of his republican challengers. He has a long history of working with unions (most of which is good history) and he will be able be able to appeal to that crowd. His jobs first, Americans first position is likely to be popular among some democrats.

Tgregg is absolutely correct, the Democrats are completely gleeful every time Trump's name is mentioned. This has been the biggest gift they could have asked for, rather than the focus on Hillary's crappy poll numbers and how no one trusts her and how she is having troubles vs. Bernie, the focus has been on the Trump Clown show. There is LITERALLY NO DEMOCRAT that is worried about Trump. Not a one!

I don't think there's a democrat alive that is worried about Trump, but I think the rest of your post is 100% accurate.