The GOP Nomination--The Donald and So Much More!

Read today's NYT article about Stewart's white house visits. If certainly doesn't look like the Obama administration thought he was simply hosting a nightly comedy news program.

It's astounding that you keep digging your heels on this obvious topic.

Would you consider it a show that presents current events, interviews and commentary?

Oh and you're sleeping with Stewart aren't you. :lol:

It's a nightly talk show. They all present current events and interviews. Stewart reinvented the format, which many have tried (and failed) to do in the past, but it's still a talk show.

And sadly, I am not sleeping with Stewart.

Read today's NYT article about Stewart's white house visits. If certainly doesn't look like the Obama administration thought he was simply hosting a nightly comedy news program.

I read it, it's ridiculous I agree. But it has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

Thank you. It's a news program in a format that is different from the nightly news we all grew up with but a news program nonetheless.

No, it's not a news program. It's a nightly talk show. Was Letterman a news program? The Tonight Show?

Once you dig in this deep, there is no turning back.

I read it, it's ridiculous I agree. But it has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

No, it's not a news program. It's a nightly talk show. Was Letterman a news program? The Tonight Show?

It's not a news program...except that it's the prime source of news for an audience that treats it as a news program.

Does that make it a news program or not?

It's not a news program...except that it's the prime source of news for an audience that treats it as a news program.

100% not. Just because some dumbass wants to treat Charlie Sheen as a voice of reason that doesn't suddenly make Charlie Sheen the voice of reason.

This distinction is obviously difficult to grasp.

100% not. Just because some dumbass wants to treat Charlie Sheen as a voice of reason that doesn't suddenly make Charlie Sheen the voice of reason.

But at what point are there enough people using Charlie as a voice of reason that he becomes a voice of reason?

Except there is a "reasonable person" standard. And while The Daily Show may not be a news program, it is certainly an op-ed show.

Now, THAT is a dumbass comparison.

Do better, lemming.

How is it a dumb comparison when that's exactly what The Daily Show is?

I think someone needs to look up the definition of news. And Letterman was a talk/variety show.

That's what the Daily Show is. That's it's Emmy category for cripe's sake.

One thing that's been proven in this thread is that both Jon Stewart and GreggyT are liars

Where have I lied?

It had everything to do with what you're talking about. Does the white house equate Letterman with Cronkite?