The GOP Nomination--The Donald and So Much More!

Except there is a "reasonable person" standard. And while The Daily Show may not be a news program, it is certainly an op-ed show.

There is, and I'd argue any reasonable person who's watching a late night talk show on Comedy Central knows they are not watching the news.

There is, and I'd argue any reasonable person who's watching a late night talk show on Comedy Central knows they are not watching the news.

You have more faith in people than I do.

You also just moved the debate from "is it a news show" to "do people think it's a news show," when I already said "except that it's the prime source of news for an audience that treats it as a news program."

So the burden is now on you to demonstrate it's NOT the prime source of news for an audience that treats it as a news program.

Now your bringing in an industries self fallating popularity contest to define a program? :wallbash:

That's what the show is, that's how it's defined. If it were a news program, the industry would recognize it as such. The industry does not. Because it's a late night talk show. Like Letterman, Leno, Conan, and soon Colbert... who came from... you guessed it, The Daily Show.

That's what the show is, that's how it's defined. If it were a news program, the industry would recognize it as such. The industry does not. Because it's a late night talk show. Like Letterman, Leno, Conan, and soon Colbert... who came from... you guessed it, The Daily Show.

It's not what the industry defines it as!!! It's what the majority of it's audience define it as.

John Stewart is funny as hell but make no mistake, he is for Liberals as what Fox is for Republicans, a cheerleader for the party and causes he supports.

Except Fox pretends to be a news channel while Stewart unabashedly remains a comedian hosting a comedy program.

You have more faith in people than I do.

You also just moved the debate from "is it a news show" to "do people think it's a news show," when I already said "except that it's the prime source of news for an audience that treats it as a news program."

So the burden is now on you to demonstrate it's NOT the prime source of news for an audience that treats it as a news program.

BS, I haven't moved the debate anywhere. The debate started above -- that's all I've been saying. It's all I'm still saying.

So you're saying, big Stewart fan that you are, that you weren't aware of interviews like the Rolling Stone one I posted where Stewart pretended to be non-partisan.

He went YEARS doing that.

Neat. It's 2015.

I never claimed to be an expert, but over the past 8 years of Obama he's been very open.

BS, I haven't moved the debate anywhere. The debate started above -- that's all I've been saying. It's all I'm still saying.

However you have not separated Fox's news department/programing from it's right wing agenda programs. Kind of like separating Comedy Centrals comedy department/programing from Stewart's left wing agenda programs.

Edited by Chef Jim

Given Obama's many appearances on talk and variety shows...yes, yes they do.

I'm not aware of any private audiences with Letterman Leno, Kimmel or Fallon in advance of major policy battles.

The original underlying point is that the Daily Show provides a service to it's clients much like Fox does for theirs. The obvious parallels are that they both advocate for causes that they support and they both attempt to take on with more zeal the people they politically disagree with and at times prop up those that they tend to agree with, as evidenced in the reporting both by Politico and the NY Times. Plus, most of us didn't need to read an article to know this, it was fairly obvious.

We shouldn't even be having an argument about this, it's as clear as day. :lol:

Neat. It's 2015.

I never claimed to be an expert, but over the past 8 years of Obama he's been very open.

lol, fine.

but with regard to the statement below:

Stewart has never, ever, claimed to be impartial.

Looks like you were wrong, and I schooled you.

However you have not separated Fox's news department/programing from it's right wing agenda programs. Kind of like separating Comedy Centrals comedy department/programing from Stewart's lest wing agenda programs.

Because I don't have to. Why would I have to do that? I'm not arguing Stewart doesn't lean left. I'm arguing he's up front about what his program is while Fox hides their opinion under the guise of news. Stewart puts his opinion into his program which skewers the news. There's a giant different between the two in terms of being duplicitous. Which is where this discussion began: stupidly comparing Fox News to The Daily Show as if they were the same.

They are not the same. One is a news network the other is a comedy program on a comedy network.

lol, fine.

but with regard to the statement below:

Looks like you were wrong, and I schooled you.

:beer: