The GOP Nomination--The Donald and So Much More!

Oh, stop panicking about Trump.

If you look at online betting markets, Trump is still a longshot at around 9-to-1 odds to win the Republican nomination. And Jeb at roughly 1.2-to-1 is still, by far, the candidate with the best odds.

There's a reason for that. The Establishment almost always gets their man the nomination.

The time to begin to worry would be if Trump maintains his lead all the way to the first primary and wins Iowa.

But, Iowa is still so far away. I mean, Trump could do major damage to his candidacy tonight if he seems unprepared to handle a tough policy question.

Fox News is not going to go easy on Donald. They want Jeb to win, too, much to my chagrin.

If you look at online betting markets, Trump is still a longshot at around 9-to-1 odds to win the Republican nomination. And Jeb at roughly 1.2-to-1 is still, by far, the candidate with the best odds.

There's a reason for that. The Establishment almost always gets their man the nomination.

The time to begin to worry would be if Trump maintains his lead all the way to the first primary and wins Iowa.

But, Iowa is still so far away. I mean, Trump could do major damage to his candidacy tonight if he seems unprepared to handle a tough policy question.

Fox News is not going to go easy on Donald. They want Jeb to win, too, much to my chagrin.

I don't believe people are concerned that Trump will screw over the Republican party by winning the nomination. I believe the concerns are more 2 fold:

1. he'll keep the debates about sideshow isues in a circus-like manner that ends up damaging the eventual nominee (quite likely IMHO); and

2. he may run a 3rd party candidacy which draws votes from the eventual nominee and defacto helps the D's in the general election (less likely IMHO).

Jeb is probably the best choice of a really bad field, frankly.

Trump isn't even a real person. He's a brand.

Jeb is probably the best choice of a really bad field, frankly.

Trump isn't even a real person. He's a brand.

If you don't like even a few of those in the field, then you must be saying you don't don't like any politician and there's nothing wrong with that position. Anyone out there that you like, even someone not running?

I've always been a Fred Smith (Fedex CEO) fan.

If you don't like even a few of those in the field, then you must be saying you don't don't like any politician and there's nothing wrong with that position. Anyone out there that you like, even someone not running?

I've always been a Fred Smith (Fedex CEO) fan.

I don't think there's a current politician I do like, frankly. They're all unprincipled weasels.

Though I disagreed with him on most policy issues, Bush II was at least principled. He's probably the last one I "liked," even though I disagreed with him strongly.

I don't believe people are concerned that Trump will screw over the Republican party by winning the nomination. I believe the concerns are more 2 fold:

1. he'll keep the debates about sideshow isues in a circus-like manner that ends up damaging the eventual nominee (quite likely IMHO); and

2. he may run a 3rd party candidacy which draws votes from the eventual nominee and defacto helps the D's in the general election (less likely IMHO).

Yup, hence the theory that he's a Hillary plant.

Funny how all the show eulogies are referring to it as a news program and not as a comedy program.

NYT - Rolling Stone - and that's a small sampling of the press more predisposed to Stewart's indoctrination.

Is it a coincidence that comedy central shows it around 5pm every day coinciding with other news shows?

Funny how all the show eulogies are referring to it as a news program and not as a comedy program.

NYT - Rolling Stone - and that's a small sampling of the press more predisposed to Stewart's indoctrination.

Stewart's a late night talk show host on Comedy Central, hosting a comedy talk show, not the news. Like Carson, Leno, Letterman, et. al, he just reinvented the format (something many have tried, and failed, to do before him). Like all those guys, he started as a stand up. Because, again, that's what he is: a comedian. His show competes in the comedy/variety categories for every industry award... because that's what the show is. I'm befuddled as to why this is even in dispute.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/daily-show-jon-stewart-steve-allen-david-letterman-1201556388/

Stewart's a late night talk show host on Comedy Central, hosting a comedy talk show, not the news. Like Carson, Leno, Letterman, et. al, he just reinvented the format (something many have tried, and failed, to do before him). Like all those guys, he started as a stand up. Because, again, that's what he is: a comedian. His show competes in the comedy/variety categories for every industry award... because that's what the show is. I'm befuddled as to why this is even in dispute.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/daily-show-jon-stewart-steve-allen-david-letterman-1201556388/

Perhaps you should ask that question to the editors at the Gray Lady who thought it was apt to run the show eulogy amidst a debate on journalism and not on comedy. Wonder why there has been more commentary from the sort of fair and unbalanced Jay Rosen of NYU School of Journalism than from their media programs?

Stewart's a late night talk show host on Comedy Central, hosting a comedy talk show, not the news.

Stewart fans always reminds me of the internet poster who write all kinds of ridiculous things about a topic, and when their logic is cornered and proven false and hypocritical, the poster responds with "Geez, I was just trying to be funny. Can't you guys tell a joke when you see one?"

Stewart fans always reminds me of the internet poster who write all kinds of ridiculous things about a topic, and when their logic is cornered and proven false and hypocritical, the poster responds with "Geez, I was just trying to be funny. Can't you guys tell a joke when you see one?"

Sort of like you saying you are a business owner?

Perhaps you should ask that question to the editors at the Gray Lady who thought it was apt to run the show eulogy amidst a debate on journalism and not on comedy. Wonder why there has been more commentary from the sort of fair and unbalanced Jay Rosen of NYU School of Journalism than from their media programs?

The answer is simple. Because Jon's late night comedy show spent nearly two decades exposing the media for being the corporate shills they are. Still doesn't make his show a news show. By all measurables his show is a late night talk show in a fake news format. As they blatantly advertise.

Sure. Maybe true. Still doesn't make The Daily Show a news program by any metric.