The GOP Nomination--The Donald and So Much More!

Subsidies suck and Walker is a fool for supporting them.

:lol:

Oooooh. Coward. You're such a brave online warrior. :lol:

Your question is irrelevant to me because it was directed specifically as the anti-government crowd, and whomever you think that may be, it most certainly is not me.

Now...please explain who here is anti-government. Please be specific. Cite examples.

We'll keep waiting.

And waiting and waiting....

You see to him, those who believe it restraining the scope and strength of the federal government are simply anarchists who want to destroy the economy, since the government prints money and gives us free access to health care.

It takes a lot of balls for you, the guy who runs from every question or debate, to call someone else here a coward.

k5z4q8xqcbwq5zk023v0.png

:lol: :lol:

Scott Walker comes to Council Bluffs by Scott Johnson

FTA:

I will get to the substance of his remarks, but I want to convey my main impression. Walker has such a calm, nice and affable manner that he really strikes people as an ordinary guy. The Harley business is for real. He connects with regular Americans. Unlike HRC.

When I spoke with him I told him that my daughter, Mary Dahlman Begley, works at a business in Madison. He knew all about it as it is only blocks from the State Capitol. My sister is a Marquette alum and he was familiar with an infamous Marquette bar. He told me that he has one son at Marquette and another at UW. I am a great admirer of Wisconsin basketball coach Bo Ryan and I told him so. He reminded me that Bo has one year left. He worked the whole crowd the same way.

Now maybe the above should be no surprise as, after all, he is a politician. But here’s the thing. Think about what this guy has been through in the past five years. He and his family received death threats. (At least two Secret Service guys there today.) His workplace was occupied 24/7 for months by 100,000 people. The unprecedented criminal prosecution of some of his associates just ended yesterday. Not only did he win, he did so with a smile. That is impressive on a personal basis. He can relate to people who have had their own trials and challenges.

I agree with John Podhoretz’s assessment of Walker: He is a tough politician who wears his toughness lightly.

His remarks lasted ten minutes, not 75 like Sanders’s.

He started out by asking for a prayer for the five dead Marines, victims of radical Islam.

His main theme is that the current good GOP field consists of fighters and winners. He is different because he has fought and won. Powerful message.

More at link: http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/07/scott-walker-comes-to-council-bluffs.php

Walker-Dead-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=580

Edited by B-Man

FTA:

I will get to the substance of his remarks, but I want to convey my main impression. Walker has such a calm, nice and affable manner that he really strikes people as an ordinary guy. The Harley business is for real. He connects with regular Americans. Unlike HRC.

When I spoke with him I told him that my daughter, Mary Dahlman Begley, works at a business in Madison. He knew all about it as it is only blocks from the State Capitol. My sister is a Marquette alum and he was familiar with an infamous Marquette bar. He told me that he has one son at Marquette and another at UW. I am a great admirer of Wisconsin basketball coach Bo Ryan and I told him so. He reminded me that Bo has one year left. He worked the whole crowd the same way.

Now maybe the above should be no surprise as, after all, he is a politician. But here’s the thing. Think about what this guy has been through in the past five years. He and his family received death threats. (At least two Secret Service guys there today.) His workplace was occupied 24/7 for months by 100,000 people. The unprecedented criminal prosecution of some of his associates just ended yesterday. Not only did he win, he did so with a smile. That is impressive on a personal basis. He can relate to people who have had their own trials and challenges.

I agree with John Podhoretz’s assessment of Walker: He is a tough politician who wears his toughness lightly.

He started out by asking for a prayer for the five dead Marines, victims of radical Islam.

His main theme is that the current good GOP field consists of fighters and winners. He is different because he has fought and won. Powerful message.

More at link: http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/07/scott-walker-comes-to-council-bluffs.php

Puff piece

Yes. What is also interesting about Obama to me is how few people in the past several years have publically shared any stories or info about him from his earlier yes. Nothing from an old girlfriend or roommate or buddy. Not even a story about something funny or good. Only silence from his past.

Well, in fairness, when your past friends are the likes of Bill Ayres, Bernadine Dohrn and Larry Sinclair one might tend to keep things a bit hush-hush.

Why? What's the point in getting into the nitty-gritty? It's not 8 billion either, despite the title? Is he at least a millionaire?

I think it matters when a candidate inflates his net worth by about 100% to make it seem like he's a lot more successful. But, I know, he is a reality TV star with a big mouth, so he must be trustworthy. Maybe he'll line up the Kardashians to fill his cabinet.

FTA:

I will say this about Walker, he is an "every day" sorta regular "Joe". There is little doubt that he will be an appealing candidate to a lot of blue collar workers, and he is remarkably able to stay on message. Which says a lot about his campaign discipline. Candidates say all the time, that staying on message is critical and with that he is on point.

What I don't like about Walker are his shifting positions to placate the right wing. If it's one issue, you can live with that, but he's flopped on a number of issues. I would think whether you are a candidate from the right or the left, if you have the ability to stand up to the bases of either party and say what you believe in, that is an admirable quality. That's why guys like Kasich and Jeb from my perspective are attractive candidates.

I would think whether you are a candidate from the right or the left, if you have the ability to stand up to the bases of either party and say what you believe in, that is an admirable quality.

But they never do in the primaries. You always have to appeal to the swing votes...in the general election, that means the moderates and independents that have loose or non-existent party affiliations. But in the primaries, those swing votes are the more extreme party members.

I don't worry about their position statements in the primaries, since it's party-platform bull ****. And to tell the truth, I don't worry much about them in the general election either. Any deeply held conviction they have gets beaten out of them soon enough by government bureaucracy. Management and leadership skills trumps policy bull **** every day of the week.

I think it matters when a candidate inflates his net worth by about 100% to make it seem like he's a lot more successful. But, I know, he is a reality TV star with a big mouth, so he must be trustworthy. Maybe he'll line up the Kardashians to fill his cabinet.

Inflated by 100% means he really has 5 billion instead of 10 billion? Your mileage may vary, but I still don't see that false bragging being a big issue.

Now, if you can find me where in the past he was against building a fence or was pro-amnesty, THAT would be a problem. For me. Again, your mileage may vary.

That's why guys like Kasich and Jeb from my perspective are attractive candidates.

I don't mind admitting that I kinda dig Carly Fiorina lately. Her run against Boxer bombed, but her approach right now is much more disciplined and she has the ability to go full-throated against Hillary without being called sexist. At one point she was showing up outside Clinton stops and taking questions while Hillary, noticeably, was not.

Inflated by 100% means he really has 5 billion instead of 10 billion? Your mileage may vary, but I still don't see that false bragging being a big issue.

Now, if you can find me where in the past he was against building a fence or was pro-amnesty, THAT would be a problem. For me. Again, your mileage may vary.

So you don't care that the so called successful businessman lies through his teeth about his business accomplishments? That the greatest real estate investor in NY lost control of nearly every property he owned & developed only a fraction of the properties he claims to have developed? A man who lost money in the gambling business before he had to deal with Indian competition?

But him talking about a wall and amnesty, makes him a viable candidate?

When is Kim running?

I don't mind admitting that I kinda dig Carly Fiorina lately. Her run against Boxer bombed, but her approach right now is much more disciplined and she has the ability to go full-throated against Hillary without being called sexist. At one point she was showing up outside Clinton stops and taking questions while Hillary, noticeably, was not.

I like Fiorina, I don't see how anyone can reasonably believe that a GOP candidate is going to unseat a sitting liberal senator in the state of California.

She's quick-minded, successful, measured and intelligent.

I really wish she would make it out to the debate stage, in my view she would be a net plus for the GOP.

I like Fiorina, I don't see how anyone can reasonably believe that a GOP candidate is going to unseat a sitting liberal senator in the state of California.

I really wish she would make it out to the debate stage, in my view she would be a net plus for the GOP.

I feel like her run against Boxer was more of a test run than anything else.

If she can't get the nod, I have to believe she'd be a viable VP candidate.

I feel like her run against Boxer was more of a test run than anything else.

If she can't get the nod, I have to believe she'd be a viable VP candidate.

It will be great to have her run circles around Hillary, or Warren if the leftist wet dream comes true.

She's been very impressive IMO anytime the camera is on her. Like her a lot.