Bills OL coach Aaron Kromer arrested (Suspended 6 games)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think about it. This guy showed that he's tough, and that he isn't gonna take crap from anybody. Being that Rex's biggest red flag is his percieved lack of discipline, could this be the yin to Rex's yang. He doesn't back down from a fight. That's the kind of value I want instilled in my OL.

Not to mention he's gonna be dealing with what some percieve to be the biggest wild card in the league, Ritchie Incognito.

Call me old fashioned or heartless, but I want my coaches to actually have some intensity as opposed to sour-puss Marrone. If we're gonna just play cute, might as well be playing flag football out there.

Think about it. This guy showed that he's tough, and that he isn't gonna take crap from anybody. Being that Rex's biggest red flag is his percieved lack of discipline, could this be the yin to Rex's yang. He doesn't back down from a fight. That's the kind of value I want instilled in my OL.

Not to mention he's gonna be dealing with what some percieve to be the biggest wild card in the league, Ritchie Incognito.

Call me old fashioned or heartless, but I want my coaches to actually have some intensity as opposed to sour-puss Marrone. If we're gonna just play cute, might as well be playing flag football out there.

A 48-year-old beating up a teen isn't intensity...it's insanity.

Now, killing the kid's family? That's intense.

I'm going to tell you all a story. Shirl doesn't even know about this one. When I was on my route in 1979 a group of punks were hanging out at Parkside Candy. I was walking by and one of them tossed his cigarette butt onto the sidewalk in front of me. I stopped, dropped my satchel and told the greasy fool to pick it up. He refused. I walked over to the bigger wiseass of the group and said "You go pick up that butt or I'll wipe your ass all over this street". The dumb punk laughed at me. In my training as a serviceman for the USPS we were told to always make the customer happy but this fool needed a lesson. So we started to tango and he proceeded to kick the ever living **** outta me.

The moral to the story is - I had about 30 years on him, but this teenage !@#$ had me by 40 pounds. I didn't back down and neither did coach Kraemer. He stood up for something. I'm ok with him standing his ground when some wiseass threatens him or his family.

H

You want me to guess as to what is unknown about the story? You realize that's silly, right? That doesn't make your point, it hurts your point. Why the rush to judgement on your part? What's your hurry? You're not an employee of the team, you're not a judge nor are you in law enforcement... so what's the hurry to rush to judgement before knowing all the facts of the case?

I'd love an answer to that.

What is my rush to judgement? That I think he hit the kid and wasn't defending himself when doing so and is therefore guilty of misdemeanor battery? Well...it's because I can't think of how he can claim he was justified, legally, in doing so. Pretty simple.

So I'm turning to you to tell me what you must believe is something that would exonerate him, yet you can't be brought to even speak about what that might be.... in a discussion on this topic. That's odd. It's not silly--just asking you what is on your mind that you think he may be innocent of the charge.

Because Kromer said something true about Jay Cutler and it got out. And (to paraphrase a saying he's used before) if Kromer was someone he liked, he'd bend over defending him. Witness the Brady cheating thread.

Kromer publicly undermined his QB in a cowardly way. I know you are OK with that (and you are fine putting out your goofy claim that Kromer thought he was off the record--a claim he never made). Other's aren't.

Brady's guilty, you know that. What I can't defend is your poorly thought out positions and flip flops.

This is going to get pled down to a fine and community service. No jail time. Kinda sucks he is going to likely get fired over this. Can't think of many jobs where you would get fired over a plea deal to a misdemeanor...

Was it stupid? Yes. Fireable? Hardly. Players do much worse than this on a regular basis and teams are only too eager to welcome them back.

See Adrian Peterson and Ray Lewis...

Edited by matter2003

Kromer publicly undermined his QB in a cowardly way. I know you are OK with that (and you are fine putting out your goofy claim that Kromer thought he was off the record--a claim he never made). Other's aren't.

Brady's guilty, you know that. What I can't defend is your poorly thought out positions and flip flops.

He undermined Cutler? LOL! As you said, they benched Cutler for Jimmy freakin' Clausen, precisely for reasons Kromer mentioned. And you've never had anything good to say about Cutler so you of all people should have sided with Kromer. Now you flip-flop, most likely because the Bills hired him.

As for the "poorly though out positions and flip flops" thing, physician, heal thyself.

He undermined Cutler? LOL! As you said, they benched Cutler for Jimmy freakin' Clausen, precisely for reasons Kromer mentioned. And you've never had anything good to say about Cutler so you of all people should have sided with Kromer. Now you flip-flop, most likely because the Bills hired him.

As for the "poorly though out positions and flip flops" thing, physician, heal thyself.

"I would have a major problem if somebody said something like that," Rodgers said Tuesday during an interview at Lambeau Field. "I think anybody that plays the position, you can't help but empathize with Jay for that situation. You talk all the time about being connected, being a unit, believing in each other. But if you have unnamed sources, people out there cutting you down, and then you find out it's the person calling the plays -- that would be really hard to deal with, to look at him the same way."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000445065/article/aaron-rodgers-baffled-by-kromers-jay-cutler-comments

What Kromer did has been almost universally criticized. He undermined his QB to the media.

What is my rush to judgement? That I think he hit the kid and wasn't defending himself when doing so and is therefore guilty of misdemeanor battery? Well...it's because I can't think of how he can claim he was justified, legally, in doing so. Pretty simple.

So I'm turning to you to tell me what you must believe is something that would exonerate him, yet you can't be brought to even speak about what that might be.... in a discussion on this topic. That's odd. It's not silly--just asking you what is on your mind that you think he may be innocent of the charge.

So because you have a limited imagination (or experience in real world situations), he's undoubtedly guilty?

You sure you want to rest your opinion on just your own limitations? You might be right in this case, I'm in no way saying that you're wrong. All I'm saying is it's foolish to rush to judgement (as you have) without knowing the full story. You don't know the full story by your own admission, you just "imagine" that there's no other possible explanation to the events and how they unfolded.

That's really a ridiculous stance to take -- you're entitled to it of course, it's just foolish.

As for your second paragraph, this is where you take a turn to crazy town: So I'm turning to you to tell me what you must believe is something that would exonerate him, yet you can't be brought to even speak about what that might be.... in a discussion on this topic. That's odd

It's only odd because you continue to misinterpret what I'm saying. I'm not saying I know there is something out there that is going to exonerate Kromer. All I've said is that we don't know the whole story. Which we don't. The story could get WORSE for Kromer when all the facts are known, or it could get better. That's why it's ridiculously short-sighted of you to be so certain in your stance right now. You don't have a dog in this fight, you're not his employer or his judge... so why do you feel the need to take such a hard line on the issue when you've admitted you don't know the whole story? Save the righteous indignation for when you actually know the full scope of his crimes.

This is going to get pled down to a fine and community service. No jail time. Kinda sucks he is going to likely get fired over this. Can't think of many jobs where you would get fired over a plea deal to a misdemeanor...

Seriously? Because I can't think of too many employers who would want to keep a guy who's in his 40's that punched a kid in the face, threw his fishing pole in the water, and possibly threatened to kill the kid's family, all over some beach chairs. And definitely not an employer that depends on people, most of whom have kids and grand kids of their own, to buy tickets and merchandise to keep profits rolling in.

Seriously? Because I can't think of too many employers who would want to keep a guy who's in his 40's that punched a kid in the face, threw his fishing pole in the water, and possibly threatened to kill the kid's family, all over some beach chairs. And definitely not an employer that depends on people, most of whom have kids and grand kids of their own, to buy tickets and merchandise to keep profits rolling in.

If he didn't have a job in the NFL, the story never would have made the paper.

"I would have a major problem if somebody said something like that," Rodgers said Tuesday during an interview at Lambeau Field. "I think anybody that plays the position, you can't help but empathize with Jay for that situation. You talk all the time about being connected, being a unit, believing in each other. But if you have unnamed sources, people out there cutting you down, and then you find out it's the person calling the plays -- that would be really hard to deal with, to look at him the same way."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000445065/article/aaron-rodgers-baffled-by-kromers-jay-cutler-comments

What Kromer did has been almost universally criticized. He undermined his QB to the media.

He didn't make the comments until after Cutler was benched. Again, for the reasons stated in the comments. If he'd made them early in the season when they were still in the playoff hunt, yes I'd say he undermined him. He also probably knew he and the rest of the coaches were goners. And I still don't think he meant for Rapoport to publish his comments and showed poor judgment doing so.

Edited by Doc

What if the kids said something disparaging about his daughter? I could see both he and the son landing a punch.

Exactly. There are 1000 things the kids could have said in a heated exchange. The kid could have said, "Next time I ain't coming for your beach chairs I'm coming for your B word of a daughter." And Kromer then says, "Do and I'll kill you. I'll kill your whole family."

Hell, he's 48 years old. He's probably seen the classic movie, Diner, which has a football element to it. There's a famous line when Billy (Tim Daly) says, "I'll hit you so hard I'll kill your whole family."

Exactly. There are 1000 things the kids could have said in a heated exchange. The kid could have said, "Next time I ain't coming for your beach chairs I'm coming for your B word of a daughter." And Kromer then says, "Do and I'll kill you. I'll kill your whole family."

lol. Yeah, ok. And which one of those "1000 things" do you think was said that made Aaron's son feel he needed to stick around and help these little terrorists find their fishing pole? C'mon now. smiley-laughing009.gif

lol. Yeah, ok. And which one of those "1000 things" do you think was said that made Aaron's son feel he needed to stick around and help these little terrorists find their fishing pole? C'mon now. smiley-laughing009.gif

He either realized he made a mistake and went too far, or that his dad did, and he was trying to diffuse the situation. That's simple and obvious to be able to imagine reasons he would do that.

So you're the self-righteous guy who looks at everything from the most damming perspective possible, passes extreme judgments, and advocates for disproportionately harsh penalties, yet fancies himself a swell guy.