bills game day traffic needs to change.

Howard

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mad den boy. I've paid my dues. I've delivered the pennysaver and Coupon books to you and your ancestors for years. Should we change the traffic patterns for me, Shirl and Howard? You bet your ass we should because there's a perfectly good root through Abbott rd and over by that development There are others around who agree with me here.

With your weak bladder & varicose veins no friggin way.

Howard - You're a great guy. I've followed your posts and glad to see you back. Regards to Shirl.

With that being said, you are wayyyyyyy off on this. We can't have the Sheriff and the Bills re-route 50,000 cars around Abbott Rd and other small roads just because you and Shirl want to get a !@#$ing hot dog. Get a grip old timer. You can take another route (have you thought about driving up Milestrip instead of over McKinley to SW Blvd?) Have your son help you with your GPS.

Bringbackferguson. You would think after I served this country honorably for 60+ years in the service I could have someone say Sure Howard, we can help you and your wife out. But its young gimme generation types like you and others that want everything catered to you and served on a copper plate. Well im here to tell you if your elders need a little help (like redirecting traffic on a sunday at 11:30Am) you should jump at the chance and pay it forward for me. I dont need your smart ass comments and keep my wife out of this.

Bringbackferguson. You would think after I served this country honorably for 60+ years in the service I could have someone say Sure Howard, we can help you and your wife out. But its young gimme generation types like you and others that want everything catered to you and served on a copper plate. Well im here to tell you if your elders need a little help (like redirecting traffic on a sunday at 11:30Am) you should jump at the chance and pay it forward for me. I dont need your smart ass comments and keep my wife out of this.

I agree with Howard we should jump at the chance to redirect traffic every time someone wants to go for a walk.

As a current resident of Los Angeles, where you can hit a bumper-to-bumper traffic jam at 4:00am on the 405 pass for no Goddamned reason, I have to say this thread has put a smile on my face. I pine for the simpler days as a Rochester resident where rush hour only lasts about 45 minutes.

As a current resident of Los Angeles, where you can hit a bumper-to-bumper traffic jam at 4:00am on the 405 pass for no Goddamned reason, I have to say this thread has put a smile on my face. I pine for the simpler days as a Rochester resident where rush hour only lasts about 45 minutes.

You've got me beat in LA, but we made the 5 hour trip from Sea Island GA back to Atlanta today. The first 4 hours went great. The last hour took two hours. No reason, it just did. No rush hour on a Saturday afternoon.

Judman. Shirl and me are leaving soon for our walk at the MCKinley mall. It's a tradition. Do you know what that means. We do it every Sunday before the game. The fact that we bave been doing this on a regular basis and given my service to the country with 62 years in the USPS ("hooooooorah") means that I have priority over other fair weather punks who have no other reason to travel to OP than to drink one beer and pass out. Stay off SW Blvd until noon and everyone is happy. Not to difficult to understand except maybe you.

Judman. Shirl and me are leaving soon for our walk at the MCKinley mall. It's a tradition. Do you know what that means. We do it every Sunday before the game. The fact that we bave been doing this on a regular basis and given my service to the country with 62 years in the USPS ("hooooooorah") means that I have priority over other fair weather punks who have no other reason to travel to OP than to drink one beer and pass out. Stay off SW Blvd until noon and everyone is happy. Not to difficult to understand except maybe you.

No offense, but none of this gives you priority over anybody.

a) The fact that you have been doing this on a regular basis means that you're going to have to work these traffic delays into your tradition.

b) Your "service to the country" as a mailman is something the rest of us refer to as a "job," for which you were paid a salary, and now collect a pension. Don't get me wrong-- I respect mailmen. But, no one's going to genuflect to you any more than they would a construction crew building the roads which are currently inconveniencing you.

SWAT What some of these kids don't seem to realize is I used to walk up to nine miles a day when I'd cover Jim Franklin's route and mine on the same day in the 70's. So now people like beerball and others think I can't handle a one mile walk in a cool shopping mall. We get done at 11:30 so they think I'm still walking which means they can't count very good. Thanks for the vote of confidense.

and the guy who suggested I walk the stadium I can't because Howard gets thirsty and we need to get him home. Shirl doesn't like talking with the young guys on game day because they drink too much so we go home and make whiskey sours at kickoff which leads me back to the fact that I am late because of all the damn traffic on southwestern

It pisses me off every logical north bound route is closed right now from my work. Does it matter? Nah, I'm not that important. Somebody who tells stories with "back in my day" language should either know as much by now or is seriously lacking in many areas.

Rocky. Are you saying that a serviceman and his wife of 59 years should wait in traffic with the other teenyboppers and drunken punks when all we want is a hotdog with pickle, ketchup and mustard down the road? Southwestern blvd is a public road last time I checked which in my day meant that all travelers had an equal right to drive in both directions at an equal speed. On sundays in the fall, Shirl and I expect to get to our lunch after our walk when we're hungry. If anything the drunk punks should stay to the right so we can pass through. Tradition means pay it backward for me because I served you and your parents for many years.

serviceman and his wife of 59 years

You weren't in the army - don't refer to yourself as a serviceman.

Why are postmen always the most entitled pricks? You had one of the easiest jobs and got a generous pension - you have absolutely nothing to complain about, so you're complaining about a small inconvenience like it's life-altering.