Bills' Camp @ SJF: Week 1 Day 6 - Begins on Page 64

Remember when the Bills had a slew of injuries on defense and by week 4 had to sign a receiver they cut in camp to play safety?

You're never deep enough.

AMEN! The injury thread kind of freaks me out.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you rather he not report bad plays? The anti-reporter views here are ridiculous. What in the world would these guys gain from having an agenda? They just report what they see. When it's bad, fans don't want to hear it or believe it.

I see you conveniently didn't include the part where joe B said EJ finished practice very strong. This makes you guilty of exactly what you're accusing joe B of.

Joe B said he was bad early and it wasn't true. He said EJ missed Goodwin bad 5-10 yards, which was true. He also failed to mention the passes he threw to receivers that were dropped. You shoulda listed to the JM show.

@ChrisTrapasso

EJ says he feels like he's "letting it rip" more as he has alluded to in the past. Still focused on being consistent. Not just "flashing."

So he's thinking that he's not thinking so much anymore and just playing. But, he hedges, he still needs to think about being consistent while not losing the thought of just flashing.

At least he got over that out thinking himself part of his first two seasons. I was worried that still might be happening.

And in case you didn't know, BAD SELLS

Sounds like EJ has been sharp tonightThey stay but there are certain days that they are allowed to leave.

Kirby, did you listen to Murph's play by play?

Joe B said he was bad early and it wasn't true. He said EJ missed Goodwin bad 5-10 yards, which was true. He also failed to mention the passes he threw to receivers that were dropped. You shoulda listed to the JM show.

I was at TC tonight. Some thoughts...

EJ looked very good tonight. I'm not sure where he stands in the pecking order, but he is clearly the best "thrower" of the lot. He made several very good long throws tonight. That one that was dropped by Thigpen was a shame.

Tyrod was okay. He made some good throws and some terrible throws. Perhaps Cassell and Simms were so bad it made him look decent by contrast.

Cassell throws like a girl...I'm sorry. His deep throws are wobbly and float. No...just please no.

Simms was bad. I have nothing to say about him because he was so forgettable.

No quarterback...I repeat...no quarterback had much success against the first defense. They are just scary. In fact, during that Taylor to Watkins long TD that everyone is gushing about, Kyle Williams beat his guy immediately and would definitely have sacked him. Kyle literally stood there for 1.5 seconds before Tyrod threw the ball.

Sammy did some things out there that made my jaw drop. This is the first time I have seen him live, and I was amazed at his talent. Clearly the most talented player on the football field. He had his way with Gilmore too.

Ronald Darby was also very, very impressive. I don't think there was a single time where he was beat. I will say, however, that he might be a little too physical after 5 yards. He is going to have to clean up the bumping and hand fighting.

Where is Charles Clay? He looks good in those Bills colors out there, but I'd like to see him make some plays.

It was tough to judge the offensive line, although I will say that Wood seemed to be the weak link. A lot of pressure up the middle. Kujo got beat badly by Mario early in practice, but tightened his game up and looked good after that. I keyed in on Incognito a lot and he was just destroying people out there. He plays angry.

Percy Harvin was invisible, Woods was all over the place making catches, and Thigpen (other than the drop) seemed to have a good night.

Finally, Bryce Brown fumbled....yes. Otherwise, he ran the ball very effectively. I guess that just is who he is. Karlos Wiliams impressed me. He runs very decisively, hits the hole quick and hard, and seems very fast.

It was tough to get autographs tonight because there were so many people. Thank you to Ty Powell and Tony Steward for signing my son's football. We were behind like 3 rows of people, and both took a lot of time to sign for just about everyone.

Go Bills!!!

Sounds like EJ is having a good night

EJ looked very good tonight. I'm not sure where he stands in the pecking order, but he is clearly the best "thrower" of the lot. He made several very good long throws tonight. That one that was dropped by Thigpen was a shame.

Tyrod was okay. He made some good throws and some terrible throws. Perhaps Cassell and Simms were so bad it made him look decent by contrast.

Cassell throws like a girl...I'm sorry. His deep throws are wobbly and float. No...just please no.

No quarterback...I repeat...no quarterback had much success against the first defense. They are just scary. In fact, during that Taylor to Watkins long TD that everyone is gushing about, Kyle Williams beat his guy immediately and would definitely have sacked him. Kyle literally stood there for 1.5 seconds before Tyrod threw the ball.

Sammy did some things out there that made my jaw drop. This is the first time I have seen him live, and I was amazed at his talent. Clearly the most talented player on the football field. He had his way with Gilmore too.

Ronald Darby was also very, very impressive. I don't think there was a single time where he was beat. I will say, however, that he might be a little too physical after 5 yards. He is going to have to clean up the bumping and hand fighting.

Where is Charles Clay? He looks good in those Bills colors out there, but I'd like to see him make some plays.

It was tough to judge the offensive line, although I will say that Wood seemed to be the weak link. A lot of pressure up the middle. Kujo got beat badly by Mario early in practice, but tightened his game up and looked good after that. I keyed in on Incognito a lot and he was just destroying people out there. He plays angry.

Percy Harvin was invisible, Woods was all over the place making catches, and Thigpen (other than the drop) seemed to have a good night.

Finally, Bryce Brown fumbled....yes. Otherwise, he ran the ball very effectively. I guess that just is who he is. Karlos Wiliams impressed me. He runs very decisively, hits the hole quick and hard, and seems very fast.

It was tough to get autographs tonight because there were so many people. Thank you to Ty Powell and Tony Steward for signing my son's football. We were behind like 3 rows of people, and both took a lot of time to sign for just about everyone.

Go Bills!!!

Thanks Johnny!! Your report contradicts what Joe B is putting out there about Manuel.

Go Bills!!!

Thanks for the recap!

Go Bills!!!

Good stuff, thanks for posting.

The bolded is the real scary part, and lets hope they get better as TC goes on.

Lastly, I'm hearing from friends attending camp that lots of the past sponsors seemed to have bailed from previous years.

Good stuff, thanks for posting.

The bolded is the real scary part, and lets hope they get better as TC goes on.

Lastly, I'm hearing from friends attending camp that lots of the past sponsors seemed to have bailed from previous years.

Only scary for luck

Watch: Watkins Shines in First Night Practice (3:18)
Chris Brown recaps the news and notes from the first night practice of training camp for the Bills, including Aaron Kromer returning, Sammy standing out, and the highlights of the day.

The Transition from Cornerback to Safety (3:05)
Bills defensive back Aaron Williams recently made the switch to safety and now Corey Graham is doing the same. John Murphy explains how the two are making the transition and learning from each other.

@WGR550

Here's @SalSports video recap of the Bills Monday Night practice session: http://www.wgr550.com/Video-Bills-night-practice-8-3-recap-and-notes/21820917

I love how he explains that Rex is working EJ and TT with Cassel with the ones so they can learn from Cassel but then says Cassel has had 4 straight days with the ones so he's the front runner to win.

Go Bills!!!

OK....THIS is why on this board we like to take stock in reports from our distinguished members.

Right now Joe B has this play down as "the play of the camp" which is helping to fuel the TT hype machine. It's good to hear the whole story.

It's scary to hear that Wood might be the weak link. He's been so good for so long.