Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

I think so Kiko...but its the celebrating like they won the Cup after the win in Arizona...and it was widely reported they were celebrating as they felt extra motivation to spite the fans .

Mezourous speaking pre game no change to his game, he is just working harder now.

Playing "this all stared at bottom, now here are" loud and amongst a room that again looked like it just won the cup...and again widely reported players were doing to spite the fans.

That is what is irritating so many, including me

Ok. That makes sense. I can see it from both sides. You were definitely right on one of your earlier posts though, the spite game is a dangerous one to be played between players and fans. But, winning does solve everything and if they're good next year, you guys will love each other again. :lol: I wish the Sabres and their fans the best, except when they play my Sens!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've only won 3 games since the beginning of March. The Boston win was weird, but Tor and Ari are both garbage just like them. Couldn't it just seem like they're giving more effort because they're playing other sh*t teams?

That's the thing, they're really not playing good hockey at all. It's just the fact that they are "competing" with a team that's even worse, so it seems as though they are winning more just because Arizona's wins are so scarce. But it's really been the same Sabres team pretty much all year, one long losing streak, one good winning streak, and a whole lot of blah in between. Toronto's totally given up, they just started later than everyone else. They are back to the good old "golf leafs golf" seasons. They might beat Arizona, but Buffalo usually has their number at home anyway.

Edited by ricojes

, the spite game is a dangerous one to be played between players and fans. But, winning does solve everything and if they're good next year, you guys will love each other again. :lol: I wish the Sabres and their fans the best, except when they play my Sens!

True on all points..except the Sens suck :nana:

And, we are back to square one..Nolan has more control than any non-player involved...and with everybody assuming he is done after this season (I could see him quitting, even if he isn't fired), he is no motivation to do anything but win. Nolan is a fiery guy, it is part of what endeared him to most Sabres fans to begin with... just listening to him on the radio all season (and last) was painful... I love the guy, but if this doesn't work out the way management had planned, it might not be wrong to point the finger at Murray, for not firing Nolan sooner.

How about Murray cans Ted today, and coaches the team the remaining 5 games? Put destiny in his own hands!

Fully agreed, and Ive been suggesting Murray fire Nolan (who I like) and take over HC duties immediately, as well. I blame a good portion of this on Murray for not taking full control and guaranteeing the tank. Of course the players and coaches are going to try to win.

Fully agreed, and Ive been suggesting Murray fire Nolan (who I like) and take over HC duties immediately, as well. I blame a good portion of this on Murray for not taking full control and guaranteeing the tank. Of course the players and coaches are going to try to win.

By that logic, Murray should also suit up and play goal.

I'd pay to see that.

By that logic, Murray should also suit up and play goal.

I'd pay to see that.

Im for it!

I was pushing for the Sabres to follow the Panthers lead a little while back, when they brought in fans to play goalie in practice because they were out of goalies!

http://www.si.com/nhl/video/2015/03/05/florida-panthers-holding-fan-tryouts-backup-practice-goalie

If the current players want to win to spite the fans, then let the fans play!

Edited by DrDareustein

You know, Schopp sometimes has some interesting ideas...I heard him a few weeks ago talking about "how do you avoid the tank phenomenon"? He brought up the idea of simply rewarding teams in the draft, based on what percentage of their points (in hockey) or wins they got, after they were eliminated from contention. I realize that could be complicated, and you would have to draw the line on what the cut-off point is for elimination...but an interesting idea.

You mean the "interesting idea" outlined in this article, aka the Adam Gold plan:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/why-i-love-tanking-and-hate-adam-gold-s-solution-for-it-164445599.html

Edited by ricojes

He seemed to ship out and send good players to Roch when needed but I agree, he is not controlling the Nolan relationship and in fact appears he botched it.

Biscuit, this is what makes me so pissed.

1) the argument that fans have never played a sport. Dude, i played D1 in a non revenue sport, in a team that went to 2 NCAA Championships as one of the top 8 teams in the country, and played against the absolute best in the sport. But never had the elite talent of the top West Coast Teams, and never came close to wining the thing.(sound familiar?)

.If you would have told me by losing to Navy (our biggest rival) and not going to one of those tourneys one year would get us an elite talent that would help us compete better, even if i was a Senior...would have done in a heartbeat and not thought twice about it. Yes, i did not play a sport and get paid(outside of scholarship), but i hate when i hear the argument that people who want this must never had played a sport. it is just not true!

2) here comes the loser word again...this fan on fan crime is all started by the anti-rebuilds guys calling the re build guys idiots , losers. morons.I guess some dude form the Buffalo News tweeted yesterday rooting for your team to lose is like rooting for your parents to die so you get an inheritance...wow really

Haha. I was probably too strong with my comments. This tanking talk has gotten me so frustration though. I actually like Jeremy White and deep down it is right, but it is insulting to the players.

Quick story: My freshman in college, my football team was 0-9 and playing our rival who had to win and they would won the conference and an automatic berth to the playoffs. Well, we pulled off the biggest upset in our school's history and it is one of the proudest moments of my life. We finished 1-9 and the next year was finished 6-4 and a lot of players pointed to that game as a turnaround.

I get the tank but it is insulting how some of the media and fans have handled it. If anything, they probably have light a fire under some of the players.

And, we are back to square one..Nolan has more control than any non-player involved...and with everybody assuming he is done after this season (I could see him quitting, even if he isn't fired), he is no motivation to do anything but win. Nolan is a fiery guy, it is part of what endeared him to most Sabres fans to begin with... just listening to him on the radio all season (and last) was painful... I love the guy, but if this doesn't work out the way management had planned, it might not be wrong to point the finger at Murray, for not firing Nolan sooner.

How about Murray cans Ted today, and coaches the team the remaining 5 games? Put destiny in his own hands!

Nolan is going to get fired for getting a terrible team to play hard and win more than they should.

This is gettign absolutely insane.

I get the tank but it is insulting how some of the media and fans have handled it. If anything, they probably have light a fire under some of the players.

Nolan is going to get fired for getting a terrible team to play hard and win more than they should.

Actually, quite the contrary on these points.

Maybe the fans cheering for the team to lose has lit a fire for players, but then we should all be asking just WHERE THE !@#$ that fire was all season when they were making an embarrassment of themselves and losing most of their games?!?

And it obviously isnt Nolan who is coaching them to play hard and win more because they would have been doing it all along. (I mean, I know he was trying to, but it obviously hadnt been working)

The reason fans are currently pissed is because the players, instead of just doing their jobs, are throwing it in the fans faces. Both by admitting to not trying hard during the season, and then by trying hard now and winning games to purposely botch the tank and ruin the rebuild plans for the team.

Edited by DrDareustein

Actually, quite the contrary on these points.

Maybe the fans cheering for the team to lose has lit a fire for players, but then we should all be asking just WHERE THE !@#$ that fire was all season when they were making an embarrassment of themselves and losing most of their games?!?

And it obviously isnt Nolan who is coaching them to play hard and win more because they would have been doing it all along.

The reason fans are currently pissed is because the players, instead of just doing their jobs, are throwing it in the fans faces. Both by admitting to not trying hard during the season, and then by trying hard now and winning games to purposely botch the tank and ruin the rebuild plans for the team.

Link?

Haha. I was probably too strong with my comments. This tanking talk has gotten me so frustration though. I actually like Jeremy White and deep down it is right, but it is insulting to the players.

Quick story: My freshman in college, my football team was 0-9 and playing our rival who had to win and they would won the conference and an automatic berth to the playoffs. Well, we pulled off the biggest upset in our school's history and it is one of the proudest moments of my life. We finished 1-9 and the next year was finished 6-4 and a lot of players pointed to that game as a turnaround.

Nolan will get fired for not doing what's best for the long term benefit to the franchise.

I was told the players have been trying all along?

Why shouldn't they try, when it's their own career on the line?

Most, if not all, will be gone by the time any championship would be won by this team, and their performance will directly effect their paycheck. They are essentially auditioning for other teams, and playing to stay in the NHL. How anyone could expect them NOT to resent the "fans" cheering against them is beyond me. It's got to be the most humiliating experience of any of their careers.

There is nothing in it for them, to tank.

Believe me, I am no fan of tanking... but if you are going to do it for two seasons, you have to do it right. Your being silly if you can't see the advantages to the franchise, long term. What it says about sportsmanship, is a whole other matter.

Consider though: does anyone kill the Colts for cutting one of the greatest players to ever play the game, and then losing as many games as they can, to land the best QB prospect in nearly a decade? No.

Does anyone put an asterisk on the once irrelevant Pittsburgh Penguins accomplishments, because they tanked a season to land Mario Lemieux, arguably one of the greatest players in NHL history, certainly of his generation? No.

Sure, in 1984 there were fans in Pittsburgh crying that the Penguins were losing on purpose... as there were Colts fans in 2011 crying about "suck for Luck"...but who in either of those towns is losing sleep over that now? Why should Buffalo, and Sabres fans, feel any different in 2015?

Edited by Buftex

From the article I posted earlier:

We're not cheering against the players; we're cheering for the betterment of the franchise.

Or

We're cheering for the logo on the front and not the name on the back...

Edited by ricojes

Link?

I know this is only one guy Joe...but the dude has 4 goals last 3 games.

http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sabres-ted-nolan-on-andrej-meszaros-early-struggles-maybe-he-didnt-work-hard-enough/

And i think if you went to just about any Nolan press conference, even after the game last week against Arizona, Nolan talked about guys not being ready to play and having to drop to 3 lines"again"!!! Constant refrain from him, and i will take his word over some dolt reporter from the BN>

Go to about the 1.20 mark

http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=791752

Pretty consistent message from Nolan all year.

Edited by plenzmd1