CJ Spiller a Superstar?

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highly disagree. Belichick and Payton made them what they are today and if you don't see it then I don't know what else to tell you. Look at Cassel in 2008. 21 TDs and 11 INTs under Belichick?

Brees would be a "good to middle of the pack" QB if it wasn't for Payton. You can't be serious.

There's a difference between "good" QBs like Flacco, Tannehill, and then there's GREAT. Without Payton and without Belichick, Brady and Brees would be just another good QB in this league. Look at Brees's numbers before New Orleans and then while he was with Payton. Night and day.

Yup. Totally agree

Show me. Demonstrate it. Demonstrate what Payton does to make Brees accurate. Show me what Belichick does to enable Brady to read defenses.

You can't. Also, the Cassel argument is sorta invalid when he was on the second best team in NFL history. EJ puts up 20 TD's on that team. But some of the other squads that Brady has had to drag to the postseason? No way.

I don't understand?

Anyways, he's such an easy guy to cheer for. He has been a class guy and he loves it in WNY. His play (and health) are inconsistent but Spiller's talent is immense. Payton will use him masterfully as he is the prototype for what the Saints want to do. I expect big things from him and will be happy to support him.

oops, I forgot he went to the saints. With all the ex Bills at the Jets and a bit of time gone by my brain transplanted him to the Jets.

Highly disagree. Belichick and Payton made them what they are today and if you don't see it then I don't know what else to tell you. Look at Cassel in 2008. 21 TDs and 11 INTs under Belichick?

Brees would be a "good to middle of the pack" QB if it wasn't for Payton. You can't be serious.

There's a difference between "good" QBs like Flacco, Tannehill, and then there's GREAT. Without Payton and without Belichick, Brady and Brees would be just another good QB in this league. Look at Brees's numbers before New Orleans and then while he was with Payton. Night and day.

Yup. Totally agree

Reading QtR's other posts, I realize we're probably not far apart. But I gotta comment on Drew Brees.

There's no doubt that he's benefited from Payton's coaching and offensive scheme.

But once he matured as a pro, Brees had a 104.8 passer efficiency rating one year with SD - better than 7 of his 9 seasons with NO.

Brees has uncanny accuracy and - throwing out a couple bad games - tends to make really good decisions with the ball. Brees "throws receivers open" better than virtually anyone.

With or without Sean Payton, Brees is one of the best QBs of his time. But Sean Payton gave Brees an offense that's perfectly suited to his skill set and together they produced monstrous passing yard totals.

So what's going to happen in 2015? Will Payton adapt to Brees declining skills and CJ's limited - but unique - skill set?

I think Payton, Brees and CJ will have fun this season.

Reading QtR's other posts, I realize we're probably not far apart. But I gotta comment on Drew Brees.

There's no doubt that he's benefited from Payton's coaching and offensive scheme.

But once he matured as a pro, Brees had a 104.8 passer efficiency rating one year with SD - better than 7 of his 9 seasons with NO.

Brees has uncanny accuracy and - throwing out a couple bad games - tends to make really good decisions with the ball. Brees "throws receivers open" better than virtually anyone.

With or without Sean Payton, Brees is one of the best QBs of his time. But Sean Payton gave Brees an offense that's perfectly suited to his skill set and together they produced monstrous passing yard totals.

So what's going to happen in 2015? Will Payton adapt to Brees declining skills and CJ's limited - but unique - skill set?

I think Payton, Brees and CJ will have fun this season.

Brees is 4th all-time in passing yards & passing TDs. He is ahead of Brady on both lists. There was never a case that he was a "good to middle of the pack" QB. He is and will be a 1st ballot HOFer.

Yes, Payton played a role but by no means is the reason for Brees' career. I believe that he was a Pro Bowl QB before ever getting to Payton.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Why and how ? Is this because the Bills OL stinks ?

You know McCoy leads Nfl in rushing last half decade right ?

It will probably be close, unless one of them gets hurt. I think he is likely predicting that CJ will catch 75 passes and rush for 700-800 yards or so, combined with Shady having to share the ball with Watkins, Harvin, Woods, Clay, Fred, Goodwin, etc.

Show me. Demonstrate it. Demonstrate what Payton does to make Brees accurate. Show me what Belichick does to enable Brady to read defenses.

You can't. Also, the Cassel argument is sorta invalid when he was on the second best team in NFL history. EJ puts up 20 TD's on that team. But some of the other squads that Brady has had to drag to the postseason? No way.

Brady is VERY accurate, And also holds or held the record for pass attempts with an INT. Achieved against the Bills, : (

Also, E.J. isn;t putting up 20 TD's on any team in any season. When he does complete a pass, it's barely past the LOS.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d354d0/article/pats-brady-sets-nfl-mark-for-pass-attempts-without-interception