Church Shooting

No, you are again misrepresenting...........and making the same mistake.

Rep. Horne's speech was terrific and required listening for all, but that flag decision was going to be made in either case.

But YOU still want to start from the same position. That the majority of (today's South Carolina representatives harbor racist feelings, and they wouldn't have changed their minds if not for the speech.

South Carolina changed long ago.

After the Church shooting there were many, many well written articles that spoke to this,

but you just stick to the media narrative.............................

south carolina confirmed its desire to keep the flag on the capitol grounds only a few years ago. they made it impossible to even lower the flag temporarily in that legislation and made it so difficult to rescind the law that it took a catastrophe like this to make it happen. don't pretend this is a new issue. it was extremely contentios then, before then and in the interim. you are the history revisionist here. and in this case it's recent history, not the civil war which is also more than adequately documented.

:lol: Oh, CNN... remember when it was a real source of news rather than guffaws? Anyone?

it's historic. at least for a state such as sc. sad but true.

Edited by birdog1960

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read a comment today that liberals have found a new campaign to end racism: forcing a name change for "Cracker Barrel" restaurants.

honestly, it's such a deep seated problem in this country and such a malignant condition that i'm not sure it's curable. certainly not in a generation or 2. comments like this are disheartening. you can't fix an illness til you confirm its presence to the patient.

I read a comment today that liberals have found a new campaign to end racism: forcing a name change for "Cracker Barrel" restaurants.

I would have thought they wouldn't care for White Castle since it seems to reinforce the idea of white privilege

south carolina confirmed its desire to keep the flag on the capitol grounds only a few years ago. they made it impossible to even lower the flag temporarily in that legislation and made it so difficult to rescind the law that it took a catastrophe like this to make it happen. don't pretend this is a new issue. it was extremely contentios then, before then and in the interim. you are the history revisionist here. and in this case it's recent history, not the civil war which is also more than adequately documented.

it's historic. at least for a state such as sc. sad but true.....(LOL...........thanks for proving my point about your bias) - BM

No bd.

The revisionism is yours.

I assume that your exaggerated account is referring to this

The flag came down from atop the South Carolina State House in July of 2000. In a compromise that didn’t really satisfy anyone, it was moved to a nearby Confederate war memorial.

“At the ceremony moving the flag off the dome and to the new location on the capitol grounds, pro-flag activists chanted, ‘Off the dome, and in your face,'” according to “The Politics of Race and Citizenship.” “Antiflag protesters, unsatisfied with the compromise, countered, ‘Shame.'”

The law that moved the flag was quite detailed: The flag could not fly from the capitol dome, but had to appear at a memorial near the dome and could appear in legislators’ offices. Legislators even specified the type of flag, its placement, and the dimensions of its display.

“This flag must be flown on a flagpole located at a point on the south side of the Confederate Soldier Monument, centered on the monument, ten feet from the base of the monument at a height of thirty feet,” it read.

Anyone who wanted to move the flag faced one of the greatest hurdles in democratic politics: “The provisions of this section may only be amended or repealed upon passage of an act which has received a two-thirds vote on the third reading of the bill in each branch of the General Assembly,” the bill read.

A further obstacle to critics of the Confederate flag: It’s affixed to the pole, and can’t come down unless someone gets up there and pulls it down — which would be illegal anyway.

“The flag is part of a Confederate War Memorial, and is not on a pulley system, so it cannot be lowered, only removed,” Raycom Media reporter Will Wilson tweeted.

You choose to equate this step as proof of racism.............................I, and many others, do not.

On the plus side we have this..................

South Carolina Removes Confederate Flag; Replaces With New Unifying Flag No One Could Call Offensive

CarFlag8842-RED.jpg

honestly, it's such a deep seated problem in this country and such a malignant condition that i'm not sure it's curable. certainly not in a generation or 2. comments like this are disheartening. you can't fix an illness til you confirm its presence to the patient.

Oh, please. Look around you. If people like you really cared about this crap you'd be standing on the border of Mexico buidling a after watching yet another American die at the hands of an illegal immigrant who shouldn't even be here.

But no. A flag. And a TV show. That's the ticket.

No bd.

The revisionism is yours.

I assume that your exaggerated account is referring to this

You choose to equate this step as proof of racism.............................I, and many others, do not.

On the plus side we have this..................

South Carolina Removes Confederate Flag; Replaces With New Unifying Flag No One Could Call Offensive

CarFlag8842-RED.jpg

yep. that's it. only took you 15 years to catch on and only 15 years concluded by a mass murder for sc to fix it.. and then you seem to find it amazing that many people ( i would suggest that would be the vast majority) would conclude that chanting "off the dome and in your face" at a largely black group of counterprotesters would be considered racist. this is just dishonest, plain and simple. but that's par for the course for the racists beginning with the states rights lie about the civil war.

Edited by birdog1960

What's ironic is that you and the rest of the liberal, guilty white ethnomassachists talk about trying to "fix the illness" when your efforts do more to keep the "illness" lingering than the KKK could ever dream of.

Back to the original topic,

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/07/365507-dylann-roof-illegally-obtained-gun-used-fbi-just-announced-allowed-happen/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Owned&utm_term=conservativedaily&utm_campaign=Crime

FTA

“Comey said failures in the gun purchase screening system enabled Roof to acquire the weapon used in an attack that authorities have said was motivated by Roof’s racist views.

Roof, who has since been charged with nine counts of murder, purchased a .45 caliber handgun despite being arrested on a felony narcotics charge — a charge that should have prevented him from obtaining the weapon.

Comey admitted to the federal government’s inability to prevent Roof from purchasing the weapon, expressing deep regret for the agency’s failure:

He PASSED a back ground check!!!!!

Edited by Gary M

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/07/365507-dylann-roof-illegally-obtained-gun-used-fbi-just-announced-allowed-happen/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Owned&utm_term=conservativedaily&utm_campaign=Crime

FTA

“Comey said failures in the gun purchase screening system enabled Roof to acquire the weapon used in an attack that authorities have said was motivated by Roof’s racist views.

Roof, who has since been charged with nine counts of murder, purchased a .45 caliber handgun despite being arrested on a felony narcotics charge — a charge that should have prevented him from obtaining the weapon.

Comey admitted to the federal government’s inability to prevent Roof from purchasing the weapon, expressing deep regret for the agency’s failure:

He PASSED a back ground check!!!!!

What inability?!? They have all ability in the world. They !@#$ed up.

FTA

He PASSED a back ground check!

Not too hard to pass a background check. All you have to do is tell the Feds you're an illegal immigrant.

if you can't understand that symbols connection to racism, you are either a moron or willfully ignorant.

at any rate, the act of that racist punk resulted in just the opposite effect that he desired and something that should have been put to rest long ago. poetic justice which will only get better when he is sentenced to life without parole.

Charles Manson cited the Beatles "White Album" as one of the reasons he committed his crimes. Guess it's time to outlaw rock and roll.

I have no problem with South Carolina taking down the flag but the rest of it is typical liberal pander that ignores how your politics is the very foundation of the continued racial tensions in this country.

I do love that the big government you worship has played a large part in the highest profile deaths of the news cycle. They allowed someone who wasn't authorized to buy a gun (more gun laws, right?) and lost control of another weapon allowing a SEVEN TIME FELON WHO HAD BEEN DEPORTED FIVE TIMES to MURDER an innocent American CITIZEN.

You suck and your politics suck. Wake up.

Charles Manson cited the Beatles "White Album" as one of the reasons he committed his crimes. Guess it's time to outlaw rock and roll.

I have no problem with South Carolina taking down the flag but the rest of it is typical liberal pander that ignores how your politics is the very foundation of the continued racial tensions in this country.

I do love that the big government you worship has played a large part in the highest profile deaths of the news cycle. They allowed someone who wasn't authorized to buy a gun (more gun laws, right?) and lost control of another weapon allowing a SEVEN TIME FELON WHO HAD BEEN DEPORTED FIVE TIMES to MURDER an innocent American CITIZEN.

You suck and your politics suck. Wake up.

Amen