Church Shooting

THOSE RACIST MINNESOTANS: Professor says Minnesota’s flag is racist, too.

As the campaign to tear down the Confederate flag from statehouses, shops, and memorials continues to be waged across the country, one professor has chosen to weigh in on a flag she says is similarly offensive: Specifically,

At a glance, Minnesota’s flag seems pretty bland. Like many states, it simply has its state seal on a blue field. Said seal shows a pioneer working his fields, while a Native American rides southward in the background. But Judith Harrington, a professor at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse,
shortly before the July 4th holiday complaining that the flag creates a racist contrast between peaceful whites and supposedly violent American Indians.

mn_fi.gif

Professor Harrington says the flag must go. Of course she does. Because, you know, academics

While we’re on the subject, I think all good thinking liberals/progressives should call for Massachusetts to immediately take down all state flags, which portray an Algonquian Native American with bow and arrow.

MA-state-flag.gif

It’s all very Washington Redskins-y, and I’m sure must equally deeply offend Native Americans, including Elizabeth Warren and UC-Riverside “Indian” scholar, Professor Andrea Smith.

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/210132/

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THOSE RACIST MINNESOTANS: Professor says Minnesota’s flag is racist, too.

At a glance, Minnesota’s flag seems pretty bland. Like many states, it simply has its state seal on a blue field. Said seal shows a pioneer working his fields, while a Native American rides southward in the background. But Judith Harrington, a professor at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse,
shortly before the July 4th holiday complaining that the flag creates a racist contrast between peaceful whites and supposedly violent American Indians.

Riding a horse is violent?

I can't wait till we've scrubbed all imagines of the south, Indians, blacks, etc. from our history, flags, monuments, etc. so the white liberals can get back to whining about a 'lack of inclusion' for minority groups.

I'm not sure why people get so up in arms about fake stuff. Uh, it's acting. You know...pretend?

They certainly didn't seem to care about Rachel Dolezal pretending to be black.

So stop watching TV Land,that will fix em, maybe I'll start watching because I've been boycotting over Bonanza using Italians for Indians

So I assume you've also boycotted all the movie studios that have cast straights as gays right? You're consistent and not a hypocrite I would imagine.

So I assume you've also boycotted all the movie studios that have cast straights as gays right? You're consistent and not a hypocrite I would imagine.

no but I boycott all the movie studios that cast gays as straights- ( shakes fist at ghost of Rock Hudson, poor Doris Day)

BTW GreggyT I have an Idea for a remake of the God Father using all Native Americans in the Italian parts

Edited by ....lybob

BTW GreggyT I have an Idea for a remake of the God Father using all Native Americans in the Italian parts

"Leave the bow..........................take the Pemmican"

no but I boycott all the movie studios that cast gays as straights- ( shakes fist at ghost of Rock Hudson, poor Doris Day)

Ok. That makes sense

BTW all the redskins in Bonanza were played by taco benders. Get it straight.

Ok. That makes sense

BTW all the redskins in Bonanza were played by taco benders. Get it straight.

Well I doubt Anthony Caruso was a Taco bender but in truth Taco Bender or Spaghetti bender to a WASP they're just those swarthy fellows

no idea what her previous opinion was. it doesn't matter. she clearly believes strongly now and was instrumental in getting it taken down. that's what matters.

didn't know about bubba. good for him, as well. now i wish i'd watched him at the greenbrier last weekend.

right after we pledged allegiance to the American flag at rotary weds, we reflected on the fact that on that day in 1777, vermont banned slavery. and that sc had not yet taken down the flag representing it.

Edited by birdog1960

So anyone figured out what the Confederate Flag has to do with a Church shooting?

Maybe after the next Terrorist attack, we can legalize weed?

The shooter did use the flag as a symbol of his hatred towards blacks. Other than that, not much else.

So anyone figured out what the Confederate Flag has to do with a Church shooting?

Maybe after the next Terrorist attack, we can legalize weed?

if you can't understand that symbols connection to racism, you are either a moron or willfully ignorant.

at any rate, the act of that racist punk resulted in just the opposite effect that he desired and something that should have been put to rest long ago. poetic justice which will only get better when he is sentenced to life without parole.

Edited by birdog1960