Do you still hate Bon Jovi?

judman

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure now how Mr Jovi was specifically planning on relocating the Bills. Maybe. You would have to think old man Rogers had an idea of buying them when Ralph passed during that first Toronto contract.... His son? I dont know, it seems complicated there.

Lieweke? Maybe. I wonder if him, Tannebaum, and Bon Jovi were just looking out for any opportunity or specifically Buffalo. The way Lieweke resigned after the Bills are secure gives me pause.

It just didnt feel like their bidding was all that serious. Like they were doing a favor for future considerations from the NFL... and the real effort will begin when new expansion talk starts and Toronto will compete with St Louis and whoever else.

But if Terry Pegula didnt storm the scene in 2011 and/or Mr Wilson didnt pass with impeccable timing.... who knows?

Can't hate a guy for pursuing his dream of owning an NFL team.

Some of his music is ok, some of it sucks.

Doesn't seem like a bad dude; he just rubbed us the wrong way because he wanted to put our team in Toronto.

No hatred here.

Doesn't seem like a bad dude; he just rubbed us the wrong way because he wanted to put our team in Toronto.

No hatred here.

This

Plus once I found out about his Soul Kitchen charity, it made it harder to dislike him.

The Bills' status is Buffalo is secure, the roster is a competent QB away from being a legitimate Super Bowl threat, we have one of the most enjoyable coaches in the league, and the excitement around the team is palpable. JBJ still has no viable path to becoming an NFL owner, despite the fact that he's made clear that it's his dream, and there really is no foreseeable way that things will get any easier for him.

At this point, it's really hard to "hate" him. Happy, however, to point and laugh. . .

I could see a 38 year old soccer mom quivering over her big hair 1980's crush, but honestly his "music" is complete cheese and for a jersey boy to even consider moving a historical proud Buffalo team to Toronto shows his douchebaggery has no bounds. He's a turd in my book, and I will change the station every time

Right on. I own a bar/restaurant in Taiwan with live music on the weekends. There has been a blanket ban on Bon Jovi covers ever since I opened four years ago. Taiwanese love Bon Jovi for some reason and "It's my life" is part of every young Taiwanese musician's English language song repertoire. I've shut down the sound system when bands try to break my bon jovi ban.

What about Ron "Shill" Jaworski? Still not happy about his potential betrayal.

Im not sure now how Mr Jovi was specifically planning on relocating the Bills. Maybe. You would have to think old man Rogers had an idea of buying them when Ralph passed during that first Toronto contract.... His son? I dont know, it seems complicated there.

Lieweke? Maybe. I wonder if him, Tannebaum, and Bon Jovi were just looking out for any opportunity or specifically Buffalo. The way Lieweke resigned after the Bills are secure gives me pause.

It just didnt feel like their bidding was all that serious. Like they were doing a favor for future considerations from the NFL... and the real effort will begin when new expansion talk starts and Toronto will compete with St Louis and whoever else.

But if Terry Pegula didnt storm the scene in 2011 and/or Mr Wilson didnt pass with impeccable timing.... who knows?

Their intent was dead serious- the bidding got too rich for them. Do you recall BJ's full page ad in the B-News?

Edited by jethro_tull

No hatred here.

Same way I feel.

but If I wanted to be a D*** and I were Pegula, I would offer Bon Jovi tickets in the owners box for a home game or 2.