Pats******* release Tim Wright

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So they trade an All-Pro guard for a guy to cut him a year later?

And we have people crying about the Bills trading a 4th round pick for Bryce Brown who might get cut? I am sure these same people will somehow spin this was a "brilliant" move by the Patriots

If you win the Super Bowl, that means you made enough of the right moves. People assume that even if you don't understand them, they make sense. In the Pats case, they dumped salary of an older player, and then went on to win the Super Bowl. Wright helped them get there. So its hard to criticize the move.

On the other hand If you have been part of the Bills GM structure for 5 seasons and haven't made the playoffs even once, every move you make is subject to fan review for better or worse. But if the thin skinned Bills fans were honest, they would realize the posts praising Whaley's moves outnumber the criticisms by about 10 to 1, not withstanding the fact that so far he has accomplished little to nothing as a GM or Assistant GM, in terms of actual football results.

Edited by PlayoffsPlease

I didn't like the Brown trade and I don't think this is brilliant by the Pats. Personally, I would have let Chandler, Wright, and Fred Davis all battle it out in camp.

I think Wright is just a big wide receiver though. I love TEs. I would kick the tires on him.

Don't forget, the Pats also have Hoomanawanui, you know like the fish in the Hawaiian song.

Isn't it though? Like if Einstein throws his napkin in the sink and plate in the trash, or accidentally brushes his teeth with shaving cream, or sharts, its still brilliant by virtue of his unquestioned genius. Right?

I don't know about unquestioned genius, but Einstein sharting is comedy genius...

alberteinstein1951.jpg

If you win the Super Bowl, that means you made enough of the right moves. People assume that even if you don't understand them, they make sense. In the Pats case, they dumped salary of an older player, and then went on to win the Super Bowl. Wright helped them get there. So its hard to criticize the move.

On the other hand If you have been part of the Bills GM structure for 5 seasons and haven't made the playoffs even once, every move you make is subject to fan review for better or worse. But if the thin skinned Bills fans were honest, they would realize the posts praising Whaley's moves outnumber the criticisms by about 10 to 1, not withstanding the fact that so far he has accomplished little to nothing as a GM or Assistant GM, in terms of actual football results.

True, because he hasn't lucked into a QB. And the Cheaters' best moves last year was signing Revis a la the Cowboys and 49ers with Deion.

@MikeGarafolo: Patriots have released TE Tim Wright, source says. Had six TDs last season.

Traded Logan Mankins for him last year

@MikeGarafolo: Tim Wright is subject to waivers. With 11 TDs over 2 years, that's solid value in June. We'll see who bites.

If the Bills did this I'd be furious for trading our top lineman for nothing.

This NE beat writer says because of Chandler

@BenVolin: #Patriots have released TE Tim Wright, per @MikeGarafolo. Scored 6 TDs last year, but writing was on the wall with Scott Chandler signing

Maybe we should have traded Chandler for Mankins.

Maybe we should have traded Chandler for Mankins.

maybe, but they got a 4th rd pick in the deal too and the Bills didn't have that, nor would they have probably wanted to part with the 3rd rounder. We also had no replacement for Chandler last yr.

maybe, but they got a 4th rd pick in the deal too and the Bills didn't have that, nor would they have probably wanted to part with the 3rd rounder. We also had no replacement for Chandler last yr.

also cap space. which isnt nothing, but fans rarely account for it when weighing things.

If the Bills did this I'd be furious for trading our top lineman for nothing.

Would be mad if the Bills traded Cordy Glenn this year for xyz player, went on to win the Division and Super Bowl in 2015, and then cut xyz player next year. Or would you be happier if the Bills kept Cordy and missed the playoffs?

If Tampa is smart, they use him as the big, reliable, target he was in NE... A couple years back I advocated us rescuing him from a slow death on Tampa's bench... Tall, and long-armed, I liked his game when he was at Rutgers...As usual everyone panned the idea because of the stats they googled... Everyone but the Patriots it seems.

Edited by #34fan

That all 22 article was accurate. He's a big WR. The complaint here in Tampa was always in his blocking, but ran decent routes and had great hands. He probably compares to Grey so not sure if it's worth bringing him in, when he had trouble learning Belicheck's playbook, and our current TE's have been here since OTA's.

I don't care if we do, it just seems pointless.