mead107

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real maple syrup if I'm syruping

If not, berries and vanilla ice cream

Occasionally I'll go with melted chocolate chips on pancakes

Of course, the ultimate waffle topping is breaded chicken fried in clarified butter with bacon and maple gravy

Love me some pancakes. Real maple syrup, with some strawberries on top.

Also, no french toast lovers out there?

learned to eat French toast with table sugar when I was little. Still like French toast but, put maple syrup on it now.

Potato pancakes for breakfast, but especially for dinner, with bacon and applesauce. Smother the pancakes in butter and then salt and pepper to taste. Yum. My sister can make then exactly like Mom used to. Whenever we visit B-lo I have Sis make Mom's potato pancakes - lots of onion......

Love me some pancakes. Real maple syrup, with some strawberries on top.

Also, no french toast lovers out there?

Pancakes with maple syrup, no butter.

Wifey makes some amazing french toast with eggnog. Give it a try next December.

I don't get all the love in this thread for fake syrup. Step up your syrup game.

I know a few people that absolutely HATE maple syrup, especially real maple syrup... It's even worse. The smell overcomes them, grosses them out.

Myself, I can take it or leave. Not impressed. My sister is in VT, married somebody from there (Northeast Kingdom) and simply can't handle the reality of what I mentioned above.

Some people just find it nasty... I guess it is the aroma? It gets into everything.

I like take maple sugar and mix it well into whipped butter (margarine this days due to diet) and put that on pancakes or waffles with jam, jelly or marmalade. If waffles a sandwich with peanut (or almond or cashew) butter on other waffle. It used to be Nutella but need to be watch diet more.

I like take maple sugar and mix it well into whipped butter (margarine this days due to diet) and put that on pancakes or waffles with jam, jelly or marmalade. If waffles a sandwich with peanut (or almond or cashew) butter on other waffle. It used to be Nutella but need to be watch diet more.

Wow... That sounds totally gross, especially the Nutella part. Does maple sugar have that totally overpowering smell like maple syrup? I mentioned the aroma part. I can handle it, more than some others I know that detest the aroma.

Pancakes - blueberries or chocolate chips in the pancakes if either are around. Butter and maple syrup to top. My childhood home had two rows of massive blueberry bushes.

Breakfast waffles - Whipped cream, fresh strawberries, and maple syrup OR just a shitload of butter (every little square must have butter in it) and maple syrup

Lunch/dinner waffles - fried chicken and maple syrup.