Pancakes and waffles.

mead107

A good waffle recipe - one that uses egg whites - creates a waffle that has a great crispness on the outside and is very light on the inside. Love it with real butter and grade B real maple syrup. I love the grade B - darker, much more intense maple flavor that the grade A amber or light amber. Also, as a beekeeper, I can tell you that waffles with fresh honey straight from the hive is incredible - you get all the flowery notes from honey that hasn't been heated to nearly boiling during processing - that kills all the natural flavors and all you get is sweet - yuck!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... That sounds totally gross, especially the Nutella part. Does maple sugar have that totally overpowering smell like maple syrup? I mentioned the aroma part. I can handle it, more than some others I know that detest the aroma.

Never noticed any odor in maple sugar. Have used it in tea as well. On last trip overseas I flew thru Toronto and got two boxes of maple cookies at shop at airport. Nutella? I like nuts and chocolate but neither can I have as often as I used to.

Never noticed any odor in maple sugar. Have used it in tea as well. On last trip overseas I flew thru Toronto and got two boxes of maple cookies at shop at airport. Nutella? I like nuts and chocolate but neither can I have as often as I used to.

Yeah, I never got into the Nutella thing. My wife likes it, I find it groady. Interesting tidbit: They were saying almost all hazelnuts come out of the country Turkey. That there was a shortage... Has anybody noticed the price of Nutella going up.

Maple stuff does have a very strong aroma or does anybody just not notice it. Throw something w/it in the microwave and the aroma permeates (sp?) everywhere. IMOO (In My Olfactory Opinion)...