Bills to announce record-breaking season ticket sales

Yep, on that note I heard last week that it is going to be the location where Chef's is. Take it FWIW.

I was hoping that the stadium ended up on either of the other proposed sites. There is all kinds of synergy going on by FNC and Canalside, and I don't think putting the stadium on the other side of the 190 builds on that...

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/state-study-focuses-on-three-buffalo-sites-for-bills-stadium-as-well-as-the-ralph-20150118

...and for the record(not aimed at you Kirby), I also prefer DiTondo's to Chefs. Chef's to me is overpriced, small portions, and the place you go with out of town guests and business acquaintences. Similar to another touristy overrated place...Anchor Bar.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always been interested in the percentage of seasons that are scalpers/brokers. When you look at available tickets on third party sites like stubhub, there are listings of entire rows. My point is, the record might be broken but that its overstated by the change in NYS scalping law since the glory years when I would bet my house that more tickets were owned by actual fans than are today.

Keep in mind those "scalpers" bought tickets in the lean years too, so games sold out thanks to them. Also remember a lot of ex-Buffalo people like me can afford to keep our season tickets because we flip the games we can't make.

With the blackout lifted, we will be dumping our 4 tickets........the real impact of the new TV rules will be seen next year, not this year. The lifting of the blackout was done after most season ticket holders had purchased.

Why on earth would you dump your tickets right when they are about to become good? Keep them and sell them. Then at least you can go to a couple of games. Don't be the guy who sold his Apple stock in the early 80's.

With the blackout lifted, we will be dumping our 4 tickets........the real impact of the new TV rules will be seen next year, not this year. The lifting of the blackout was done after most seaseon ticket holders had purchased.

I never believed there was a correlation between the black-outs and stadium attendance. You're either hard-core enough to go to these games in November/December or you're not IMO. Winning and/or exciting additions to the team are what puts butts in seats. Of course i can't prove this but it is my feeling on the matter.

If i were to counter my own point, however, i do admit that i don't go if the team is bad. But i live in Albany and the 4 hour drive is pretty hard to stomach on a Sunday if the team sucks.

If i lived in B-lo... oh yes i'd be there every damn week no matter how bad we were.

I have said it before.

With the way the ticket market is now, this team shows a glimmer of real hope and tickets will be gone. Our fan base is too strong. Add in the bandwagoners and the secondary market and its going to be pricey to get in the building before long. Blackouts and Toronto games are not a factor.

If we sniff the excitement of a Division title and a home playoff game.... Ill be glad Im on this side of owning season tickets.

As far as Stubhub goes... It is kind of a necessary evil, especially for small market teams with good fan bases. It is why the Sabres have had a waiting list for close to a decade. It will be what causes the Bills to start and maintain a waiting list.

I would much rather be at the game, the blackout rule definitely won't effect my season ticket status. And I think many feel that way, so you may lose a few hundred at most, but you won't see a significant drop IMO....

I agree. I think only a very small percentage of people get seasons because of the blackout rule. People that like to be at the stadium will be, those that prefer to be at home or in a bar will be. Blackout rule or no blackout rule.

I hope Tyrod has it in his contract to get a cut of this revenue he's generating

At this point I suspect he is thrilled just to have a legit chance at being a starter on a team with the weapons the Bills have on both sides of the ball.

I grew up in South Buffalo and have always liked the ease of getting to and from Rich/Ralph Wilson Stadium... But for all the upgrades over the years, I can't help but have the feeling that the structure has become dated... If a new stadium is going to be built, I hope it is in the downtown area, perhaps in the area of the half abandoned Perry Projects....

I grew up in South Buffalo and have always liked the ease of getting to and from Rich/Ralph Wilson Stadium... But for all the upgrades over the years, I can't help but have the feeling that the structure has become dated... If a new stadium is going to be built, I hope it is in the downtown area, perhaps in the area of the half abandoned Perry Projects....

This. I live in South Buffalo and love that I can leave the game and be home within 10-15 minutes. I'll be ok with a downtown stadium but the wife wants it to stay where it is. I keep telling her it won't happen, buttttt she's stubborn about it.

For so many years, when we lived under the threat of the team leaving, it was often cited that WNY could no longer support the team with season ticket sales. I always believed that to be a fallacy. I thought that there were plenty of people in WNY that were able to afford season tickets, but they didn't buy them for a myriad of reasons (including the long playoff drought).

It's great to see that myth quashed once and for all. WNY is really on the upswing and a new single-season ticket record is a great way to show that to the country.

I'm in Section 124 - hope to meet a few more of you this year at the stadium.

For so many years, when we lived under the threat of the team leaving, it was often cited that WNY could no longer support the team with season ticket sales. I always believed that to be a fallacy. I thought that there were plenty of people in WNY that were able to afford season tickets, but they didn't buy them for a myriad of reasons (including the long playoff drought).

It's great to see that myth quashed once and for all. WNY is really on the upswing and a new single-season ticket record is a great way to show that to the country.

Buffalo really is on the rise...shaking off the rust belt image and arriving in the 21st century with our corridor of Bioinformatics between HWI, UB, etc...one of the leading bioinformatic centers in the country if not the entire world...

It's always kind of ironic to me to see people move to these places with crazy natural disasters continually taking place....hurricanes, tornadoes, mudslides, sinkholes, drought, flooding, earthquakes, etc...meanwhile we have none of those here, just some snow and cold for a few months. None of those things will kill you.

Buffalo really is on the rise...shaking off the rust belt image and arriving in the 21st century with our corridor of Bioinformatics between HWI, UB, etc...one of the leading bioinformatic centers in the country if not the entire world...

It's always kind of ironic to me to see people move to these places with crazy natural disasters continually taking place....hurricanes, tornadoes, mudslides, sinkholes, drought, flooding, earthquakes, etc...meanwhile we have none of those here, just some snow and cold for a few months. None of those things will kill you.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/11/21/buffalo-death-toll-rises-as-officials-residents-continue-to-clear-lake-effect-snow/

I'm not that far, I'm in 126. Only a few sections over from you.

really?