Bills to announce record-breaking season ticket sales

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Longest playoff drought in the league, no QB, and this happens. Amazing. Credit to bills org, russ, Rex, fans, community.

Any discussion of "best fans in the NFL" is incomplete if the Bills are not at or near the top of the list.

So much for the crowd predicting half empty stadiums for the Bills this season with the blackout rule lifted.

They maybe half empty if the team doesn't play up to expectations. Just because he tix are sold doesn't mean people will actually come.

IT IS OFFICIAL

Bills Set Season-Ticket Record With Rex Ryan, Owner Pegula

55 years of history shattered or should I just say broken?

The Buffalo Bills have set a record for the most season tickets sold in their 55-year history after hiring Rex Ryan as head coach and re-affirming ties to their upstate New York home with a new owner.

The Bills said more than 57,500 season tickets have been purchased, breaking the previous record of 57,132 set in 1992, the year after the second of their four straight Super Bowl trips.

A total of about 60,000 season tickets are available and the team said it would create a waiting list if those sell out.

So much for the crowd predicting half empty stadiums for the Bills this season with the blackout rule lifted.

Actually the decline is supposed to hit next season, because most had already bought their season tickets before the announcement was made... :rolleyes:

They maybe half empty if the team doesn't play up to expectations. Just because he tix are sold doesn't mean people will actually come.

You just can't see a bowl of cornflakes without unzipping your fly, can you?

@WGR550

Brandon cites Pegula-Effect for season tickets record (story, video, Bills ticket sales historical chart): http://www.wgr550.com/Brandon-cites-Pegula-Effect-for-season-tix-record/21637090

Russ Brandon: "It's A Credit To Our Fans" (9:39)
Bills President Russ Brandon addresses the media to announce and discuss the Bills breaking the all-time franchise record for season ticket sales.

That's true for sure but I was more referring to the people who said no one would buy tickets if they know they can watch them at home regardless so therefore the games would be tougher to sell out. If the blackout rule was still in effect this would be the first year in a long time where before the season even started it looked like we wouldn't have to worry about broadcasts.

Actually the decline is supposed to hit next season, because most had already bought their season tickets before the announcement was made... :rolleyes:

Ha, I can definitely buy that as a possibility. :thumbsup:

A total of about 60,000 season tickets are available and the team said it would create a waiting list if those sell out.

Never thought I'd see the day. I want to see them create a waiting list for seasons just so I can say I lived long enough to see it.