Fred Jackson: Bills want to give Shady 300+ carries

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fred will finish this year with probably 5-7 carries a game, a couple of bubble screens and possibly increased special teams play. Boobie possibly will get a little more time as he can get the tough 3rd and 1. I see Bryce Brown cut for fear of fumbling, and our draft guy rides the pine except for special teams.

My reasoning is rex will trust Fred not to fumble, get the tough yards, and be a positive force on the team.

300/16 = 18.75 average carries a game.

Dat's do-able.

5 a quarter +/-

I was hoping for 20/game.

I guess that's why they put that + after the 300.

FTR - here's Shady's game stats. He's never had 20 carries a game. 0:)

xn4t1w.jpg

Fred will finish this year with probably 5-7 carries a game, a couple of bubble screens and possibly increased special teams play. Boobie possibly will get a little more time as he can get the tough 3rd and 1. I see Bryce Brown cut for fear of fumbling, and our draft guy rides the pine except for special teams.

My reasoning is rex will trust Fred not to fumble, get the tough yards, and be a positive force on the team.

This probably isn't far off though I think Fred will have more time/carries than Boobie.

It's not about carries, it's about touches. Hackett wanted to give Spiller 300 carries. It's dumb and not the best way to use your backs. We have great depth at running back. IMO, we should give McCoy 250 carries and like 60 catches. Then you split 150 carries with the rest of the guys. It keeps everyone fresh. Plus, when rbs catch the ball, they can protect themselves from the big hits.

I'd like something under 300 to keep him healthy for the long haul. Once you get beyond 1500 carries things start to get iffy for rb's. If he is to be here for a few years need to keep those carries down but still effective.

I'd like something under 300 to keep him healthy for the long haul. Once you get beyond 1500 carries things start to get iffy for rb's. If he is to be here for a few years need to keep those carries down but still effective.

Well, Shady's just 39 carries shy of that magical number right now.

Well, Shady's just 39 carries shy of that magical number right now.

Only 1 yard if we include the post season. I think that 1500 figure must have been plucked from the air.

Does anyone know if Shady gets winded?

When asked about 30+ carries a game, OJ once said, "no problem, ball's not that heavy"

If Tyrod or EJ start and stay reasonably healthy, they will approach 100=6/game=1.5/qtr.

I'd bet on that.

Why does everyone think karlos is such a lock? He has an odd running style, like a receiver running a reverse.

http ://youtu. be/vnaRCN6Vd_U

I hear rex wasn't a fan of brown due to fumbling issues, but in preseason he may look like he's worked on it. Seems to be the total package otherwise.

Yes. It's called North-South running. Except for Fred, we haven't seen that style here in a long, long time.

This is more about Fred being a humble teammate. He knows as well as we do that hamstrings and groins happen.

My prediction

Fred 200

Dixon/Karlos 200

Shady 100

Harvin/Sammy/Others 50

I hope this prediction lives up to your name

Yes, I'm sure he does, which is why he'll only get 20 carries per game and the other 14 carries per game will go to someone else.

Only in space. so that "get Spiiler is space" was a really stoopid idea all along

because there no damned oxygen. heck, I get winded there too. because there really is no oxygen

McCoy will flop. But fret not Bills fans. Fred will pick up the slack and lead this team to the playoffs.

Sarcasms/?