Nick O'Leary has tools to be a big factor in Bills offense

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some posters that inhabit another board that are all over O'Leary being drafted........saying he wont even make the team.....

Myself? I dont see it......O'Leary is in the perfect position....

Clay is the undisputed starter.........

O'Leary is old school and a willing blocker.....while not dominate at it

When they go 2 TE sets (and Roman runs LOTS of 2 Tight End sets) Clay and O'Leary gives the bills two very dependable pass catchers

I personally see a offense that is gonna blow up this year.......the pieces are falling into place

He has room to add muscle which should help his blocking and running over defenders :thumbsup:

looks like we got a Mini-Gronk :devil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=25&v=mg2QmmGlGY8

Slow

Slow

Not quick

Slow

Plodding

Slow

Won't be able to get open against even the Slowest of LB's

Great hands

Slow

High Motor

Slow

He doesn't play golf and his dad is a dick

Slow

Any time he is on the field a very good WR is not

Slow

Any time he is on the field a CB is not.

I don't think he needs to be fast to be productive. He will be thrown at when the defense runs zone (assuming he is a smart player with good hands). When the defense runs man we'll be throwing to Sammy or Percy. Really just need him to be able to block to get significant time.

Lmfao, did you hear the announcer..."maybe his grandpa taught him this!?!?"

Yeah, I am sure an 80 year old golfer taught this kid how to run somebody into the ground...Grandpa Jack must be a real thumper on the gridiron.

Edited by Bubbles from Sunnyvale

Any time he is on the field a CB is not.

I don't think he needs to be fast to be productive. He will be thrown at when the defense runs zone (assuming he is a smart player with good hands). When the defense runs man we'll be throwing to Sammy or Percy. Really just need him to be able to block to get significant time.

I agree. If he can block he will make the 53 man roster.

Lmfao, did you hear the announcer..."maybe his grandpa taught him this!?!?"

Yeah, I am sure an 80 year old golfer taught this kid how to run somebody into the ground...Grandpa Jack must be a real thumper on the gridiron.

Come on, it was a great comment. Golf being such a manly contact sport and all...

Slow

Slow

Not quick

Slow

Plodding

Slow

Great hands

Slow

High Motor

Slow

Slow

Slow

Right, because speed is the sole determining factor in football skill. Maybe we should just move Marquis Goodwin to TE.

I hate posts like this. Have you seen any of his film? Have you watched him play a snap? Or did you look at his numbers and just make an assumption. Maybe you're a gator fan.

Give him a chance

sometimes I get sick of some of the **** that gets spewed on this board about players, coaches etc....then you get a post like this(and it happens fairly often) that reminds me why this is such a great fan site...the obscure throwback lines tossed in in the perfect context with that hint of dry, not so subtle, humor....well done Dirtbag :thumbsup::worthy:

did you miss the part that said, HE DOESN'T WEAR RECEIVER'S GLOVES??? does that sound like a player who sucks?

He reminded me of Mike Allstot on that play. Under Dungy, we used to see Allstot destroy secondaries, and even LB's with blows like that. This kid will be like our Hogan of the TE, vs. WR. A fan favorite, depth on the roster, and a guy with a nose for the football. I've watched him for a few years at FSU and he had a lot of hits like the Clemson one. Look at his souphlex of a defender in the Louisville game.

Come on, it was a great comment. Golf being such a manly contact sport and all...

I don't know. Jack's attitude on the course was pretty similar. He wanted to bury his competition...and was pretty good at.

There are a lot of fans here who are gullible enough to believe the crap in the media that EJ's status as a Bill is in jeopardy because they want to believe it to be true. I think they hate on EJ because they thought he was going to become an instantly great QB like Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson. They simply ignored the stories that he was raw and would take at least two or three years to develop into a good NFL starting QB.

I'll include Vic Carruci as also being gullible, because he actually bought what the Bills were selling and put it out there in print. Vic may be a very good writer, but that story proves he can't be relied upon as a credible source of information.

I was watching First Take yesterday (horrible show, yes I know) and they were debating whether it was ok for the Jets to name Geno Smith as their starter. The debate wasn't whether he was on the chopping block to get cut, it was whether he was the starter or should he be in open competition with Fitzpatrick and Petty. That right there should tell everyone here that the Bills have no intention of cutting EJ Manuel. Stable NFL organizations don't just cut developing QBs after only two years. Manuel is actually a better all around QB than Smith, yet we're asked to believe that he may be cut while Smith is named a starter for the Jets? LOL Yet the Bills got away with playing a lot of people and local media. I think that the Bills used guys like Vick and Joe B as tools to tear EJ down so that they can build him up. The Jets took the opposite approach. Neither QB is getting cut this year.

Great post.

Slow

Slow

Not quick

Slow

Plodding

Slow

Great hands

Slow

High Motor

Slow

Slow

Slow

It's not like Scott Chandler was very quick, and he was productive. O'Leary is probably a better player than Chandler.

Slow

Slow

Not quick

Slow

Plodding

Slow

Great hands

Slow

High Motor

Slow

Slow

Slow

Golf doesn't matter, and his dad is actually a good guy, just a little misunderstood.

Great post.

It's not like Scott Chandler was very quick, and he was productive. O'Leary is probably a better player than Chandler.

I think in time , Bills will get more out of him than Chandler.

Very nice compliment to Clay and Gray.

so ... 4 TEs and 2 FBS 5 RBs. hows that gonna shake out?

I am ready for my O'Leary jersey.

not gonna by it though. because thats the curse, and i sure dont wanna wreck his chances!

But if i was to get one..

Slow

Slow

Not quick

Slow

Plodding

Slow

Great hands

Slow

High Motor

Slow

Slow

Slow

There are, maybe, 2 very good WRs on the roster, so....no.

This kid's gonna be a keeper. I'd say he will be better than anything that passed for TE on this team in years..