Nick O'Leary has tools to be a big factor in Bills offense

http://nysportsbiz.com/2015/05/23/rookie-te-nick-oleary-has-the-skills-to-excel-in-bills-offense/

After falling to the sixth round of the 2015 NFL draft, Nick O'Leary will certaintly be heading into this season with a chip on his shoulder. That's good news for the Buffalo Bills, who can absolutely use another hard-nosed player on offense with the ability to produce.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's almost the perfect compliment to Clay, also a familiar face for EJ. Someone that runs good routes, always comes up with the ball and a catch and run guy. I'm not expecting a star, but definitely a fan favorite. The NFL won't be too big for him.

He's almost the perfect compliment to Clay, also a familiar face for EJ. Someone that runs good routes, always comes up with the ball and a catch and run guy. I'm not expecting a star, but definitely a fan favorite. The NFL won't be too big for him.

A good, familiar face for EJ to wave goodbye to as he walks out the door

Edited by FluffHead

A good, familiar face for EJ to wave goodbye to as he walks out the door

This could be true but why all the hate towards this guy

This is his last chance if he does great it's only a win win

I just don't get the constant wishing or saying he will fail we don't have many other options so why not take a look at each one

Oleary is a baller can't measure that at the combine

This could be true but why all the hate towards this guy

This is his last chance if he does great it's only a win win

I just don't get the constant wishing or saying he will fail we don't have many other options so why not take a look at each one

Oleary is a baller can't measure that at the combine

There are a lot of fans here who are gullible enough to believe the crap in the media that EJ's status as a Bill is in jeopardy because they want to believe it to be true. I think they hate on EJ because they thought he was going to become an instantly great QB like Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson. They simply ignored the stories that he was raw and would take at least two or three years to develop into a good NFL starting QB.

I'll include Vic Carruci as also being gullible, because he actually bought what the Bills were selling and put it out there in print. Vic may be a very good writer, but that story proves he can't be relied upon as a credible source of information.

I was watching First Take yesterday (horrible show, yes I know) and they were debating whether it was ok for the Jets to name Geno Smith as their starter. The debate wasn't whether he was on the chopping block to get cut, it was whether he was the starter or should he be in open competition with Fitzpatrick and Petty. That right there should tell everyone here that the Bills have no intention of cutting EJ Manuel. Stable NFL organizations don't just cut developing QBs after only two years. Manuel is actually a better all around QB than Smith, yet we're asked to believe that he may be cut while Smith is named a starter for the Jets? LOL Yet the Bills got away with playing a lot of people and local media. I think that the Bills used guys like Vick and Joe B as tools to tear EJ down so that they can build him up. The Jets took the opposite approach. Neither QB is getting cut this year.

I don't wish for him to fail. I hope he lights it up.

I just think he sucks.

Sorry for hijacking the thread. I have high hopes for Oleary

Oleary will be a stud for years. He is tuff old school kind of player. He has the knack for finding open spots in defenses and rarely drops the ball has really good hands. I just dont see how any qb will not be good this year. With all this talent someone should be always open as long as our line can pass protect and pick up the stunt or twist defensive pass rush. Our guards were terrible last year.

Ej will be fine

There are some posters that inhabit another board that are all over O'Leary being drafted........saying he wont even make the team.....

Myself? I dont see it......O'Leary is in the perfect position....

Clay is the undisputed starter.........

O'Leary is old school and a willing blocker.....while not dominate at it

When they go 2 TE sets (and Roman runs LOTS of 2 Tight End sets) Clay and O'Leary gives the bills two very dependable pass catchers

I personally see a offense that is gonna blow up this year.......the pieces are falling into place

that's what up! hope he can bring the pain to the League

great route and turning the shoulder upfield was awesome.

I am an Oleary fan already.

steal of the draft :thumbsup:

Nice! Don't get me wrong, but he did not look like he was handicapped at all in that linky thingy. :D

you know how good 3- handicap is , right ?

Go O'LEARY!