Bills concerned Bryce Brown won't catch up; missing time

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again - for those of you calling it a bad trade - if Brown doesn't fumble that football, there is a decent chance Marrone gets to ten wins and Pegula ponies up for the extensions he wanted for his coaching staff. In other words, that trade led to Rex Ryan and it was (unintentionally) spectacular.

It was a good trade at the time. CJ was hurt a lot over the years, and Freddie could have gotten ancient all at once, so we needed a good feature RB. Brown looked good, too, especially considering he was running behind Larry Darryl and Darryl.

So we gave up a fourth rounder, which is pretty high for a non-star RB. There aren't that many open spots on the roster this year anyway. We might have been able to draft another guard or tackle, but we weren't going to get a game-changer. I think the deal made sense then and still does, even if Brown doesn't play another down in a Bills jersey.

I'm kind of surprised McCoy hasn't told his ass to get there, maybe he has. I remember when the Bills traded for Brown, McCoy said Brown would be starting, obviously that didn't come to fruition.

Maybe he doesn't want to be here and knows he'll be buried in the depth chart.

Thing is , how do you make yourself attractive by not practicing and getting some positive blurbs out there ?

I am going to guess something is not good with family. Or he is on the drugs.

But the fact is , he IS falling behind. It was said it will be hard to catch him up with the plays.

I think that was the shot heard all the way around the world and straight to Bryce's face

That was my first thought

LMFAO!

I am a big Whaley fan. I don't knock him for the Watkins trade at all. Or any other roster move. But, this looks like a bad trade. Last year and this year too.

One of the "problems" with having a talented roster is finding actual upgrades that stick. This is a great problem to have.

It was a good trade at the time. CJ was hurt a lot over the years, and Freddie could have gotten ancient all at once, so we needed a good feature RB. Brown looked good, too, especially considering he was running behind Larry Darryl and Darryl.

So we gave up a fourth rounder, which is pretty high for a non-star RB. There aren't that many open spots on the roster this year anyway. We might have been able to draft another guard or tackle, but we weren't going to get a game-changer. I think the deal made sense then and still does, even if Brown doesn't play another down in a Bills jersey.

So do I.

But that fumble was heartbreaking. not just for the team.

With his history of dropping the ball , and such a huge game changing play too.

I said it then. he's done here.

Rex already called him out. hard.

ouch

Once again - for those of you calling it a bad trade - if Brown doesn't fumble that football, there is a decent chance Marrone gets to ten wins and Pegula ponies up for the extensions he wanted for his coaching staff. In other words, that trade led to Rex Ryan and it was (unintentionally) spectacular.

please dont .

i get dyspepsia

It really is scary to think how close we were to having Marrone for several more years.

Whaley has a keen eye for defense and a blind eye for offense. Bryce Brown was a complete bust, and Whaley has to suck on that lost 4th rd pick he donated for him.Thank God it wasn't a 1st...{cough, EJ, cough, cough}

Thing is , how do you make yourself attractive by not practicing and getting some positive blurbs out there ?

I am going to guess something is not good with family. Or he is on the drugs.

But the fact is , he IS falling behind. It was said it will be hard to catch him up with the plays.

I think that was the shot heard all the way around the world and straight to Bryce's face

HE`S home with his wife and 1st child. Real thug.

I think Brown got the shaft last year - with not even being part of the active roster most of the year. He had a chance to win the fanbase over and he was almost there - until that fumble. This year it's just an unfortunate situation that they don't feel comfortable giving him a role. Sometimes it's those moments in life that either go your way or they don't and that fumble I believe was his moment.

HE`S home with his wife and 1st child. Real thug.

you missed my sarcasm.

he will be doing dishes and cleaning house if he cant get on the field.

thats sarcasm too.

But honestly he has not seemed to be focused on his career.

Most of us went to work within a day or two after having kids. and then we never slept again. whats so hard about working and having your 1st child ? seriously?

do you live in Holland or something?

you missed my sarcasm.

he will be doing dishes and cleaning house if he cant get on the field.

thats sarcasm too.

But honestly he has not seemed to be focused on his career.

Most of us went to work within a day or two after having kids. and then we never slept again. whats so hard about working and having your 1st child ? seriously?

do you live in Holland or something?

all very good points lol

Yes, in retrospect only.

Yup. If you want to get a steal like Hughes, you have to be willing to swing at guys like brown. It's not a fool proof philosophy but the high reward guys like that are either really pricey (mccoy) or lower percentage (require taking a few more shots to hit one one (Hughes, brown)

Yup. If you want to get a steal like Hughes, you have to be willing to swing at guys like brown. It's not a fool proof philosophy but the high reward guys like that are either really pricey (mccoy) or lower percentage (require taking a few more shots to hit one one (Hughes, brown)

Like always, you make fair points. But rb is such a plentiful position. There is a guy like Brown available late in every draft or even as an UDFA.

I love the job Whaley has done and every GM makes mistakes. Just don't trade for rbs. :). Also, I think I'm still upset at how people told me Brown would be better than Spiller. It was dumb at the time and it's even dumber now.

Brown was worth the shot. I think he was a Whaley guy all along. wish he had turned out. Guy can Run the ball

The pats will pick him up and he will rush for 1200 and 16 tds. Having his best games againt the bills rushing 150 and 2 tds

I dont think we can judge Bryce soley on his performance last year. You could put oj simpson back there and he would have struggled. Our line was bad.

This is the worst story ever.

A RB misses useless OTAs to attend the birth of his first child.

I have never heard of a RB "falling behind" because of missing OTAs. Not really the hardest position to learn.

I would rather they just be honest-- Brown has always been on the bubble.