Brady/Patriots fines

My sense of this whole thing is that the Patriots, and all of those involved were convinced that if everyone closed ranks, cooperated minimally, and blew a bunch of smoke about atmospheric conditions, the NFL would not have the balls to get what they could by hiring a scientific firm to do a complete study, and it would all just blow over. Now that they realize they were wrong,they are doing the only thing left to do. Keep blowing smoke,throw a B word tantrum and act like they are the victims, and hope it buys them something. Goodel ain't havin it!

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sense of this whole thing is that the Patriots, and all of those involved were convinced that if everyone closed ranks, cooperated minimally, and blew a bunch of smoke about atmospheric conditions, the NFL would not have the balls to get what they could by hiring a scientific firm to do a complete study, and it would all just blow over. Now that they realize they were wrong,they are doing the only thing left to do. Keep blowing smoke,throw a B word tantrum and act like they are the victims, and hope it buys them something. Goodel ain't havin it!

I think you're exactly right, but let's see if that last part holds up.

Be careful what you wish for , right ?

I'm not wishing... this is the stuff that keeps me up at night!!!

But yeah, hoping for the next guy is not always getting you what you want....

Pretty amazing offseason for Bills fans, no? Too many positive developments to list, and then for this to happen to the Pats? And as others have said, I don't want a "gimme" win too much either but it won't be a gimme anyway and we still have the away game at Gilette late in the season. Go Bills!

Does anyone really think the suspension will hold up on appeal?

I think it will be reduced, but that was part of the NFL's thinking when they set it at "4".

I think the real number they have in mind is more like "2".

As long as Tom Tom doesn't play the Bills in Week 2, I'm good.

Pretty amazing offseason for Bills fans, no? Too many positive developments to list, and then for this to happen to the Pats? And as others have said, I don't want a "gimme" win too much either but it won't be a gimme anyway and we still have the away game at Gilette late in the season. Go Bills!

Are you kidding? I hope the entire starting Patriots offensive and defensive units get dysentery the night before both Bills games.

I think it will be reduced, but that was part of the NFL's thinking when they set it at "4".

I think the real number they have in mind is more like "2".

As long as Tom Tom doesn't play the Bills in Week 2, I'm good.

Are you kidding? I hope the entire starting Patriots offensive and defensive units get dysentery the night before both Bills games.

That would be awesome! I'd be fine with that!

@thadbrown7: This @SI_PeterKing article suggests Brady could still face #Bills if appeal outside NFL lasts into season #Billsmafia http://t.co/QaXY3Jlp9B

I was afraid of something like that. Although Week 2 of the regular season is a long way away.

Let's hope the NFL gets their house in order long before then. No reason not to.

The Pats will also have pay a multimillion dollar "fine" to Needledee and Needledum to not spill the beans after their termination.

I was afraid of something like that. Although Week 2 of the regular season is a long way away.

Let's hope the NFL gets their house in order long before then. No reason not to.

They already appealed. I doubt it will take more than three months regardless of how long the actual investigation took.

The Pats* fans think the NFL is corrupt because of this? Are you kidding me? That's like if the Nazis complained that Americans were racist against Germans.

The Nazis did complain the Americans were racist against Germans.

What a joke.

Ray farmer got 4 games for texts, and brady got the same?

The two employees who cooperated are suspended "indefinitely" (code: forever) by the Pats, but Brady gets only 4 games? Those two guys should have never cooperated either.

They were fired by the team, though. Not the league.

Now I expect accusations of cheating against other teams these next coming seasons. I expect Belichick to turn some of his attention to dragging down other players/teams that he suspects are circumventing the rules.

It's open season!

I think there is a dark underbelly to the whole NFL that would make deflating balls a little, seem like no big deal (it's really a trifle). "Playmakers" style.

Edited by HoF Watkins

They already appealed. I doubt it will take more than three months regardless of how long the actual investigation took.

What King seems to be hinting at is Brady could sue the league, which would likely cause this to drag into the season...

What King seems to be hinting at is Brady could sue the league, which would likely cause this to drag into the season...

Yes. This. This is going to be unchartered territory and it is far from determined how long the appeal process will last in this case.

Let's just hope it is resolved prior to the start of the regular season, which should be a goal of the NFL.

Yes. This. This is going to be unchartered territory and it is far from determined how long the appeal process will last in this case.

Let's just hope it is resolved prior to the start of the regular season, which should be a goal of the NFL.

How sweet would it be for them to let this drag out until December and the AFC East is too close to call and Brady has to sit during the playoff chase?

Aaron Williams @ajwilliams23 8m8 minutes ago

Not trying to justify the punishment was wrong or anything. I just want to play against the best, and week 2 I want my Defense to play Brady

90 retweets 145 favorites
Aaron Williams @ajwilliams23 · 17m 17 minutes ago

Bills Coach Upset with Brady Suspension: 'Let Him Play' (via http://ble.ac/teamstream ) I second that! #LetemPlay http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-rex-ryan-chance-winning-afc-east-pumped-article-1.2218552

"The Jets’ revamped secondary, frightening defensive line and improved wide receiver corps shouldn’t be overlooked and the Dolphins’ acquisition of Ndamukong Suh makes them hard to ignore, but the Bills are best positioned to dethrone New England."

“I know it’s been 15 years since the Bills made the playoffs,” Ryan said after he got the new gig. “Well, get ready. Man, we’re going.”

He’s right.

Rex Ryan will finally get his revenge against the Evil Empire."

Edited by Reed83HOF