Rd 5 pick 155 RB Karlos Williams Florida State

I find myself in a quandary about the Bills' RB situation...I'd be disappointed if either Boobie or Fred were released, and Brown's talent is intriguing, but this Karlos kid looks like a steal.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find myself in a quandary about the Bills' RB situation...I'd be disappointed if either Boobie or Fred were released, and Brown's talent is intriguing, but this Karlos kid looks like a steal.

It's good to be in a situation where we'll be disappointed when someone is cut. That's the sort of depth we've lacked for a long time now. Gone are the days of relying on Tashard Choice in case of emergency.

I watched every game that Williams played in. He was always hyped, but never really developed into what people were hoping for (hence the 5th round pick). I don't think it's necessarily guaranteed that he even makes the team, and could be a PS guy.

If he does, I'd say the cut is between Brown and FJ. FJ by far being the easiest guy to cut.

I still wonder if they maybe they would consider him at S again. He's got prototypical size/speed, and was highly recruited at that position out of college.

At the very least he should be a good ST player.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

It's good to be in a situation where we'll be disappointed when someone is cut. That's the sort of depth we've lacked for a long time now. Gone are the days of relying on Tashard Choice in case of emergency.

That is precisely why Whaley traded for Brown in the first place.

I watched every game that Williams played in. He was always hyped, but never really developed into what people were hoping for (hence the 5th round pick). I don't think it's necessarily guaranteed that he even makes the team, and could be a PS guy.

If he does, I'd say the cut is between Brown and FJ. FJ by far being the easiest guy to cut.

I still wonder if they maybe they would consider him at S again. He's got prototypical size/speed, and was highly recruited at that position out of college.

At the very least he should be a good ST player.

I thought he looked pretty darn good against Oregon in the rose bowl to be honest.......

It was the younger rb that was making all the mistakes for their team.....the 2 turnovers were killer

I thought he looked pretty darn good against Oregon in the rose bowl to be honest.......

It was the younger rb that was making all the mistakes for their team.....the 2 turnovers were killer

Sure, he was decent in that game...A game in which they were thoroughly destroyed, and one of Cook's only "bad" performances (he still had over 100 yards, 6.9 YPC), since he took over the starting role. I don't think there was much doubt that Cook was the better RB. He also was just a freshman.

Karlos Williams certainly had his moments, and has some very good physical qualities. He would break the occasional big play. But he struggled to consistently find running lanes. He was hard to stop when he actually did. For a big guy he was a relatively easy to knock down around the LOS, he was good at powering for a yard when he knew he needed it though.

I like the pick, and there are probably a lot of good things he can do for the Bills as a STer and situational back (Goal line, short yardage, 3rd down). I'm not sure he has the vision to be a feature back though, not that the Bills need one. It's a good pick up at that point in the draft.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Sure, he was decent in that game...A game in which they were thoroughly destroyed, and one of Cook's only "bad" performances (he still had over 100 yards, 6.9 YPC), since he took over the starting role. I don't think there was much doubt that Cook was the better RB. He also was just a freshman.

Karlos Williams certainly had his moments, and has some very good physical qualities. He would break the occasional big play. But he struggled to consistently find running lanes. He was hard to stop when he actually did. For a big guy he was a relatively easy to knock down around the LOS, he was good at powering for a yard when he knew he needed it though.

I like the pick, and there are probably a lot of good things he can do for the Bills as a STer and situational back (Goal line, short yardage, 3rd down). I'm not sure he has the vision to be a feature back though, not that the Bills need one. It's a good pick up at that point in the draft.

The big thing for me is that he is a converted safety....which means he really hasnt had a lot of time in the position

I think that is what could make him a gem......he has excellent hands.....runs like Antwain Smith.......and might actuallly have a higher ceiling then what we have seen so far.

I dont want to cut Fred Jackson for him or anything......but I feel it was a good value pick for sure.

its possible they keep all 5, and have williams/brown inactive. plus in a ground and pound o, you need tons of solid rbs

I could see them keeping 5, but at least 2 of the 3 that are active on game day need to be participating in special teams, otherwise they'll likely have more players elsewhere.

I could see them keeping 5, but at least 2 of the 3 that are active on game day need to be participating in special teams, otherwise they'll likely have more players elsewhere.

There is no way we keep McCoy, brown, Freddy, Dixon and Williams on the 53.... Yet alone Felton in addition making it 6 backs

There is no way we keep McCoy, brown, Freddy, Dixon and Williams on the 53.... Yet alone Felton in addition making it 6 backs

I doubt it's gonna happen, myself. Brown or Freddy seem likely to be gone, imo. Dixon is a valuable special teams player, and Williams seems excited to do ST as well.

BUT with Brown and FredEx left with one year on their contracts, and Williams being a "future" player, I could see the team keeping everyone on board if the "only" cost is special teams depth from another position, such as some WR or LB that doesn't see the playing field much other than on ST.

If Bryce Brown doesn't fumble that ball, there's a decent chance the Bills end up in the playoffs, Doug Marrone is still the coach, and his replacement isn't drafted.

Kinda crazy.

I never thought I would say this but thank God Bryce Brown fumbled that football

If Bryce Brown doesn't fumble that ball, there's a decent chance the Bills end up in the playoffs, Doug Marrone is still the coach, and his replacement isn't drafted.

Kinda crazy.

Given the way Marrone threw a hissy fit and self-immolated, I wouldn't guarantee that.

Given the way Marrone threw a hissy fit and self-immolated, I wouldn't guarantee that.

I don't think Terry would have let go of the coach of the first Bills playoff team in 15 years. I'm glad it happened the way it did.

any chance williams would survive PS without getting picked up? let him develop?

if we get the injury bug he makes the 53. i consider him a player who can get coached up over time.

Brown is the wild card isnt he ?

Bryce might is for sure the better player over Wiilaims at this point.

lmo

I could be wrong...But I can't see a scenario where Boobie gets cut...he does too many things well...

I agree about Williams...How you can do much better talent-wise with a 5th round pick?...

I thought Freddie was pretty safe until the Williams pick...Now it seems like either Freddie or Brown is the odd man out...

I looked at the 49ers 53 after the final cuts last year and they only had 7 at RB/FB/TE combined!!! So who the heck knows... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS