Rd 5 pick 155 RB Karlos Williams Florida State

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the oline and coach were huge problems. But Brown was the worst. Even worse than 87 year old Fred Jackson.

He was like Spiller without the speed. He looked like just another dime a dozen rb.

I hear you. If that were the case in Philly I would go along with that. But he looked dynamic when he got opps in Philly. All of a sudden it goes away in Buff? And it happens to go away for him at the same time it goes away for Spiller and Jackson too? And for offensive linemen like Cordy and Wood who has previously performed fairly well? I'm not judging anyone from last season. I really think Marrone's offensive recognition was a grease fire. I'm looking forward to seeing what players can do this summer with new coaching. But if Brown went away I wouldn't cry either.

Edited by purple haze

I hear you. If that were the case in Philly I would go along with that. But he looked dynamic when he got opps in Philly. All of a sudden it goes away in Buff? And it happens to go away for him at the same time it goes away for Spiller and Jackson too? And for offensive linemen like Cordy and Wood who has previously performed fairly well? I'm not judging anyone from last season. I really think Marrone's offensive recognition was a grease fire. I'm looking forward to seeing what players can do this summer with new coaching. But if Brown went away I wouldn't cry either.

I 100% agree with that. Every offensive player should get a chance to prove themselves this offseason with a clean slate.

I love Boobie but I think the only locks at rb are Fred and McCoy. All other jobs are on the life. Jmo of course.

This is filled with so much wrong. Running back is the easiest position to come into the league and play.

But you're right. A first round pick qb and rb you traded a 4th round pick for should be judged completely the same.

Doesn't matter what round a player is picked, they either have it or they don't. EJ doesn't have starting skills. Whaley's just trying to save face at this point for going along with picking EJ too high.

They screwed it up though. They could have taken TE Maxx Williams in the 2nd round and G Darryl Williams in the 3rd.

I like Maxx a lot and would not have minded that draft at all. I would have loved it. But we really do not need a pass catching TE at all. It was less of a need than CB and I didn't like the CB pick.

I 100% agree with that. Every offensive player should get a chance to prove themselves this offseason with a clean slate.

I love Boobie but I think the only locks at rb are Fred and McCoy. All other jobs are on the life. Jmo of course.

I would say Shady is the only lock. Fred has to perform well (which I don't doubt he will do), to stick around. Boobie, I think is a lock, but not at RB. As a ST. Every team has a few guys who have a position in name only. They are really just Special Teamers, although they can play decently at whatever their given position happens to be. But we shall see. The Bills finally have talented team problems again. About time.

Edited by purple haze

I would say Shady is the only lock. Fred has to perform well (which I don't doubt he will do), to stick around. Boobie, I think is a lock, but not at RB. As a ST. Every team has a few guys who have a position in name only. They are really just Special Teamers, although they can play decently at whatever their given position happens to be. But we shall see. The Bills finally have talented team problems again. About time.

I think after the stuff about Jackson getting cut and Pegula saying there wasn't a chance, I think he is a lock. I would definitely bet on it if I could.

And I think Boobie should make it. But as others have said, if Williams can do what he does reasonably well for a less price, Dixon could be gone. And Brown will have to shine in camp.

Not For Long especially at the running back position.

BWA indeed! A crowded backfield just got more crowded.

Those of you predicting the demise of Fred Jackson, I think you're underestimating how much he's got left.

We'll see, but I think he's still the best overall back on the team not counting Shady.

Edited by hondo in seattle