Brady to be SUSPENDED next week according to report

A lawyer with reading comprehension problems?

Read it again. The first question has an "or" in it, not an "and". Hint: "Or" doesn't mean "and". The second question distinguishes itself as a separate condition, because it starts with "And,". "Them" is intentionally not specific nor is it inclusive. Them is general, and "all at the same time" clearly refers to covering many players at once, and, due to the separate condition, and the use of "or" in the first sentence, cannot refer to all listed players being on the field at the same time. Either way your interpretation is wrong.

You conflated the meaning of 2 separate and disctinct sentences, for reasons passing understanding. Nice work, counselor. Aren't language skills important in your job?

So when you said "them all" "at the same time", you now say you didn't mean "all of them", just some of them? Well then, did you mean...how with they cover 3 of them? 4? Defeinitely not 5?

I have to say though, I do enjoy your work. "Them is general, and "all at the same time" clearly refers to covering many players at once, and, due to the separate condition, and the use of "or" in the first sentence, cannot refer to all listed players being on the field at the same time." Pure gold!

No one walks back their posts with as much insane gusto and pedantic obfuscation the the "Real Deflator"!

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

teams decided they didnt like it, and thats fine.

it doesnt change that the ravens got hit for not knowing fundamental rules. the pats likely got the idea after seeing it work for college programs. they werent the first or only - and if i recall another nfl team was said to have done it recently before they did too (but im not wading into that thread again).

hit them for the deflation but its silly to point at this as an "offense" that compounds their situation.

I never did; I simply responded to a poster who said he sympathized with Belichick over criticism of the substitution/reporting issue. I also don't think the reference to college and high school is particularly relevant, since the NFL has many rules that are quite different.

I also don't think the reference to college and high school is particularly relevant, since the NFL has many rules that are quite different.

i guess my point was the formation was legal at 3 levels, and had been used at 2 (and i think all 3 -- lions in 2014? just going on memory) before the patriots used it.

when compared to your point that the rule has since been changed, it seems to be just as (if not more) important.

Edited by NoSaint

i guess my point was the formation was legal at 3 levels, and had been used at 2 (and i think all 3 -- lions in 2014? just going on memory) before the patriots used it.

when compared to your point that the rule has since been changed, it seems to be just as (if not more) important.

The Patriots used it to get around substitution and formation rules.

It's not the old short-yardage tackle eligible "Butch Rolle" formation the Bills used to use. Belichick's specific intent was to prevent the defense from substituting necessary coverage packages by lining up players in illegal formations that the officials wouldn't catch.

teams decided they didnt like it, and thats fine.

it doesnt change that the ravens got hit for not knowing fundamental rules. the pats likely got the idea after seeing it work for college programs. they werent the first or only - and if i recall another nfl team was said to have done it recently before they did too (but im not wading into that thread again).

hit them for the deflation but its silly to point at this as an "offense" that compounds their situation.

heard over the PA? yea, it was picked up on videos from the game. and the ref signaled the players ineligible too.

BUT the greater point being ignored is the ILLEGAL plays right after the "legal" play.

they did it 2 or 3 times. IIRC the ineligible guy has to leave the field or some such after he is labeled ineligible.

don't believe me look it up you will find a number of articles on the topic

BUT the greater point being ignored is the ILLEGAL plays right after the "legal" play.

they did it 2 or 3 times. IIRC the ineligible guy has to leave the field or some such after he is labeled ineligible.

don't believe me look it up you will find a number of articles on the topic

Refs call the penalties. Holding is illegal. They let it go all the time. Pick plays are illegal, rarely called even though we can all see it happen. 2 season's ago, Seattle DBs were purposefully mugging receivers, daring the refs to call it on every play (they didn't).

Players, refs, coaches know the rules. Players and coaches will always abuse them. The refs will either enforce the rules or not.

Harbaugh got burned. It shouldn't have fooled him more than once though.....

Refs call the penalties. Holding is illegal. They let it go all the time. Pick plays are illegal, rarely called even though we can all see it happen. 2 season's ago, Seattle DBs were purposefully mugging receivers, daring the refs to call it on every play (they didn't).

Players, refs, coaches know the rules. Players and coaches will always abuse them. The refs will either enforce the rules or not.

The commissioner also enforces the rules.

and Brady* and the Pats* bragged and flaunted it in everyone's face.

you should "learn" the rules I believe is what they were saying

I'll never forgive Pete Carroll for that call.

OMFG, if you're worried about the clock on 2d down, have Wilson roll out!!!! :wallbash:

Exactly...fake the zone read dive to the left guard, boot to the right. The slot receiver fakes the slant and then reverses against the flow of the play to the flag. Back side TE also comes across the formation at the back of endzone. Wilson can run, pass, or throw it away. At the goal line, in the SB, it rarely comes down to surprises. It comes down to execution. Carroll simply chose a play that gave Wilson fewer options. He allowed fewer of his players to execute better than their opponent and only forced one opponent (Butler) to execute supremely. Unfortunately, that one player got the job done. I'm not convinced that Wilson is the next Joe Montana, but I'd entrust him with options every time the game was on the line.

@RapSheet: He is not shy RT @MMehtaNYDN: Darrelle Revis talks to me about Tom Brady, Deflategate & Patriots history of cheating http://t.co/fGxjBzmusX

It's a good read. Revis is actually rather well spoken and consistent. Of note is his calling out the NFLPA for squaking about Goddell's power when they're the ones who voted them in and that the punishment should be applied regardless of your importance to the franchise.

from the GLOB - sorry if already posted

Now it could be Brady’s turn to take his lumps by DAN SHAUGHNESSY

A defender to the end.. yet resigned to what is .....

Move on, folks. That battle is over. Like it or not, the NFL concluded that the Patriots intentionally broke rules by deflating footballs. In the eyes of the league, the Patriots cheated and got caught. That’s the official league narrative, and the Patriots have reluctantly agreed to take the sanctions.

The Patriots are Super Bowl champs, and no one can take that away, but they were the biggest losers at the NFL spring meetings

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

It's a good read. Revis is actually rather well spoken and consistent. Of note is his calling out the NFLPA for squaking about Goddell's power when they're the ones who voted them in and that the punishment should be applied regardless of your importance to the franchise.

i was looking at patsfans.com and they hate Revis so much now. They think he should have an asterisk on his SB ring because he's a "traitor" ... I think they will miss him come fall, though. Edited by YoloinOhio

1 freaking yard away from being 3-3 in Super Bowls AND being caught cheating TWICE.

Hopefully Aaron Rogers or Big Dumb Ben or someone else gets 4 rings eventually. I had hope for Manning but his teams always fold when it gets tough because the pass is probably the easiest thing to shut down (see Patriots record breaking 18-1 season SB). Plus even if he gets #2 he'll never get to #4.

The good news? Lots actually.

1) They let their entire defense walk.

2) On their message boards the fans are tearing Kraft apart saying they can't even wear a Patriots* t-shirt without being picked on and teased about cheating.

3) Brady is pushing 40.

I could honestly see them going 7-9 this season if the Jets and Dolphins are also ready to man up and wins some games from them. The Dolphins have done ok in that dept. but it's time for all 3 AFC East foes to make New England* earn it.

Edited by TheFunPolice

Good for kraft. Man knows when to back off and pay the piper

Not really. He already admitted the Pats as an organization were guilty when they fired those two chuckleheads. He's got no ground to stand on after that move.