Brady to be SUSPENDED next week according to report

From the peter king link above:

"Since the NFL allowed all teams to condition footballs the way they wanted for use in both home and road games in 2006, the idea was that quarterbacks could play with footballs in the same shape for 16 weekends, not eight. (Previously, road quarterbacks played with footballs broken in in whatever way the home team wished.) But road teams do not bring their own ballboys to games. So, if a home-team ballboy was doctoring the footballs in any way before the game, thats not something that could happen on the road."

Page 42 of the Well's Report.

C. Role of Jim McNally Jim McNally is the Officials Locker Room attendant for the Patriots. He has been employed by the Patriots as a seasonal or part-time employee for the past 32 years and during the 2014-15 season worked for the Patriots on a part-time/hourly basis only on the days on which the Patriots had home games.22 He first worked as a ball boy, and explained that his role evolved over time to supporting the equipment staff and helping with the game officials. He has held his current title since approximately 2007.

22 McNally‟s schedule has been limited to home games for the past two or three seasons. Prior to that, he would travel with the team to certain road games. He explained that he stopped traveling with the team when additional full-time personnel were added to the equipment staff.

Edited by What a Tuel

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hook, line, and sinker. Think about what you just wrote above, WEO.

Oh, you mean where I was "shocked" at your flip flop? Yeah, not schocking at all..

No it's not. At all. The officials are 100% responsible for PSI of footballs. teams and players 0.0%

Well then why do you think Rodgers keeps sending them over inflated balls? Clearly he assumes they will not properly check them all. In fact, when they do deflate his balls, he complained about it.

WEO made his position clear in the past that if you don't talk to the police, it's because you're guilty. Yet all along in this case, he hasn't held Tommy Boy to the same standard. I knew that if I tossed-out the "not cooperating shows he's guilty" line, it would draw him out and make him look like a hypocrite. And sure enough...

As for me, I still say you're a fool to talk to the police, who have every reason to want to make you seem as guilty as possible. Not talking to an investigator hired by your employer, who have every reason not to make you seem guilty...not so smart, unless you have something to hide. This isn't a criminal case and Sir Roger isn't bound by conventional law, as we've seen. And ultimately, Lynch was guilty of something.

Different standard?. I agree with you--if he has nothing to hide, show them the texts. So, not a hypocrite. You, on the ohter hand, contorted yourself to cover all bases with this above doc classic "this is what I really meant".

Oh and also, Wells wasn't hired to make Brady "not seem guitly". That's just nutty.

The rules provide that "[t]he Referee shall be the sole judge as to whether all balls offered for play comply with these specifications." Could you cite which rule Rodgers would be violating by playing with a ball that the referee, who is "the sole judge" of the matter, has approved for play?

See above. There is only one rerason Rodgers keeps sending bagfuls of hyperinflated balls to the refs for inspection. There is no other explanation as to why he does it. He has already told us why--he likes to play games with them that way.

They better not let it drop on appeal. He didn't cooperate. He has no case whatsoever in appeal.

I think the 4 games stays. It's in the league's interest to have him come back on Sunday night against the Colts, a game they'll market the hell out of. If he comes back after 2 games, he returns to face ... Jacksonville.

I think the 4 games stays. It's in the league's interest to have him come back on Sunday night against the Colts, a game they'll market the hell out of. If he comes back after 2 games, he returns to face ... Jacksonville.

i think it ends up standing, unless he shows a helluva lot of contrition and grovels a little publicly.

See above. There is only one rerason Rodgers keeps sending bagfuls of hyperinflated balls to the refs for inspection. There is no other explanation as to why he does it. He has already told us why--he likes to play games with them that way.

I don't think there's any doubt as to why Rodgers would do that. The question, however, is whether he is violating a rule by doing so. Did I miss where you cited the rule you believe he would be violating?

Brady has 3 days to appeal and the appeal has to go through the NFLPA. They won't do anything on his behalf unless it's under his direction. Interesting point, not sure if means anything, but he chose not to be repped by nflpa during investigation.