La'El Collins signs with the Cowboys

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dallas OL fell apart a little at the end of the year and they are replacing Orlando Franklin. They also played in the NFCE which wasn't really loaded with DLs. I still think it's a good OL, but I don't think its like the best of all time.

I believe Orlando Franklin was on the Broncos, and is now on the Chargers

Dallas OL fell apart a little at the end of the year and they are replacing Orlando Franklin. They also played in the NFCE which wasn't really loaded with DLs. I still think it's a good OL, but I don't think its like the best of all time.

The thing is how ridiculously cheap they are getting Tyron Smith at LT. Doug Free is getting on in age a bit so I'm sure they have Collins peg to replace him fairly soon.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Isn't this a dumb move from him since he won't be starting?

Jerruh probably told him he'd be starting from Day 1. Since he's not coming to Buffalo, clearly he's not a bright kid :P , once the ink is dry he's the Cowboys and they'll do what they want.

Isn't this a dumb move from him since he won't be starting?

Not really. He has a three year guaranteed deal, can take his time and ease into a starting role, and get the big payday down the road. It sucks, but I get it. I wonder if the Bills offered a fully guaranteed deal.

I'm going to guess that Dallas told Collins he'll play RT as the eventual replacement for Doug Free.

Sounds like they told him starting LG and backup OT for now...

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora 8m8 minutes ago

In all about 25 teams expressed interest in Collins. Dallas sold him today. Gets chance to start at LG immediately next to a strong center..

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer 8m8 minutes ago

As for how Cowboys will use Collins, it's likely his shot at snaps comes at left guard, but I'm told Dallas sees him as a G/OT swing player.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 29m29 minutes ago

Cowboys have signed former LSU OL La'el Collins, as @NFLCharean reported. A potential first-rounder as an undrafted free agent. To Dallas.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 25m25 minutes ago

Here's the deal on La'el Collins deal with Dallas: Cowboys fully guaranteed the 3-year, $1.65 million deal, per source. Fully guaranteed.