La'El Collins signs with the Cowboys

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whoops then we shouldn't sign him. Obviously you have never negotiated anything. Collins or his agent are not talking from a position of power when a team drafts them. What is Collins gonna do during his holdout? Work at Walmart? He isn't get an endorsement deal anytime soon and maybe his agent will want to front him some money and is he really going in the first round in 2016? If that was the case, why did he sign for ONLY 1.6 mill over 3 years???? he could just sitout a whole year and get drafted in the 1st round next year and get a better salary. BUT NOPE he decided to sign for a small guaranteed salary.

TRY AGAIN. I know intelligence is tough to come by on the internet and especially in forums. maybe why I only have 10 posts....someone needs to be king of the donkeys and you are it.

Yes this is why all 32 teams passed.....because they were confident he wouldnt go back into the draft.....

I can see why you dont post....you should go back to it so that you dont show your ignorance

Have you been under a rock? He publicly stated that if he was drafted after the 3rd round he wouldn't sign with the team and re-enter the 2016 draft.

Could that have been a bluff? I thought an UDFA could be offered the same contract as a 4th rounder? Did he slip things by the GMs? Because after he went undrafted I thought he was NOT allowed to reenter the draft? If we drafted him in the 7th (or anyone) couldn't they have offered him the same deal as the Cowboys just signed him to?

Does someone know all the details of the options because I would love to understand the situation. As I was watching the draft vs what has unfolded I have two different opinions of Collins and the teams options?

During the draft I thought he said he wouldn't sign because it would cost him millions, but, then he signed for much less than a 1st or 2nd round draft pick?

Could that have been a bluff? I thought an UDFA could be offered the same contract as a 4th rounder? Did he slip things by the GMs? Because after he went undrafted I thought he was NOT allowed to reenter the draft? If we drafted him in the 7th (or anyone) couldn't they have offered him the same deal as the Cowboys just signed him to?

Does someone know all the details of the options because I would love to understand the situation. As I was watching the draft vs what has unfolded I have two different opinions of Collins and the teams options?

During the draft I thought he said he wouldn't sign because it would cost him millions, but, then he signed for much less than a 1st or 2nd round draft pick?

Manther,

In the end I dont think we will get all the answers.....the only things we know for certain

Rex Ryan went all the way down to where he was at to have dinner with him.......so the attempt was made.

and

He chose to sign with the cowboys

He is dead to me now......and I choose to concentrate on what we have......which is John Miller

He stated that he would not sign if a team drafted him after the 3rd round. Per the CBA, if he was drafted in 2015 and did not sign with his team he would be eligible to enter the 2016 NFL Draft, and the team that drafted him in 2015 would not be eligible to select him. Because he went undrafted he is not eligible for next year's draft, and thus he chose to sign with someone. It is also worth noting that because he was a UDFA, his contract is up a year earlier than if he was drafted, so if he performs well he will get a big contract a year sooner than if he was drafted in the later rounds.

All in all, it appears teams passed on him altogether due to some combination of lack of information about his situation and a fear of him possibly not signing and then losing the rights to him next year as well.

Yes this is why all 32 teams passed.....because they were confident he wouldnt go back into the draft.....

I can see why you dont post....you should go back to it so that you dont show your ignorance

thats follower mentality. Oh so every team passed on Tom Brady 5 times so mustve meant he sucked. Oh the first round all passed on Desean Jackson, mustve meant something etc.

obviously the bills liked him if Rex went down there so be proactive and grab him.

you should your ignorance much more with your simple replies. All talk, no evidence, no backing etc. Typical forum poster.

I think I remembered why I stopped at 6 posts again now. Thanks for reminding me.

Go Bills.

its hard not to look at your posts count.....its so....tiny

And of course......you are ignoring the fact that he said he WOULD GO BACK INTO THE DRAFT

But other then that......carry on

Lots of people don't do what they said they were going to do. Or change their mind. I thought his post was well written and made good points. Why would you bash some for having ten posts that enjoys being here especially when it was well thought out and made sense. I think it is great when people contribute instead of attacking each other. Seriously, John from Hemet that was not very nice and useless. So, you have 17 000 posts? Why do you keep writing and reading if you get so angry?

Lots of people don't do what they said they were going to do. Or change their mind. I thought his post was well written and made good points. Why would you bash some for having ten posts that enjoys being here especially when it was well thought out and made sense. I think it is great when people contribute instead of attacking each other. Seriously, John from Hemet that was not very nice and useless. So, you have 17 000 posts? Why do you keep writing and reading if you get so angry?

Im not angry...he was (and your right...I should not have picked on his 9 posts at the time....)

And we can only go by the information that is given us.....if you choose to say that the talking heads on the TV say he will go back into the draft and not believe it.......then nobody can stop you

Just consider this....we got REALLY good value on those picks we took later in the draft.......what if Collins did exactly what he said he was going to do and we missed out on TE O'Leary?

What would suck....cuz that kid has skills

thats follower mentality. Oh so every team passed on Tom Brady 5 times so mustve meant he sucked. Oh the first round all passed on Desean Jackson, mustve meant something etc.

obviously the bills liked him if Rex went down there so be proactive and grab him.

you should your ignorance much more with your simple replies. All talk, no evidence, no backing etc. Typical forum poster.

I think I remembered why I stopped at 6 posts again now. Thanks for reminding me.

Go Bills.

I can't tell if you are trolling or if your logic is truly this flawed.

The thing is how ridiculously cheap they are getting Tyron Smith at LT. Doug Free is getting on in age a bit so I'm sure they have Collins peg to replace him fairly soon.

Smith is making almost $11 million a year.

He got exactly the same amount of money in Dallas (1.6 over 3 years) as he could have got in Buffalo.

Face it...the kid had the unique ability to pick his team.

It's no more complicated than this.

GO BILLS!!!