Sammy had 2nd most uncatchable targets in league in 2014

Obj had 2nd least

@thadbrown7: How about this:

Per @FO_ScottKacsmar Sammy Watkins had 2nd most uncatchable throws in 2014. Odell Beckham 2nd least.

Have at it #Billsmafia

@FO_ScottKacsmar: 2014 Highest rate of Uncatchable Targets

1. Cecil Shorts 37.3%

2. Sammy Watkins 34.4%

3. A.Hawkins 32.1%

4. VJax 31.0%

5. Mike Wallace 30.4

@FO_ScottKacsmar: Lowest rate of Uncatchable targets, 2014 WR

1. Jarvis Landry 15.2%

2. Odell Beckham Jr. 16.2%

3. Roddy White 16.8%

@FO_ScottKacsmar: Uncatchable = ball overthrown, underthrown, thrown away, QB hit in motion, batted at line, tipped by teammate

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ's fault. His 4 games last year inflated the uncatchable balls so badly that Orton is going to get a bad rap. :rolleyes:

Haha. Orton won us that game against Detroit with that bullet to Sammy.

Sammy is a beast. Now throw him some screens and slants and let him do work.

The line play is as much or more responsible for this as the QBs. Manual succumbed to and escaped a good amount of immediate pressure early on in the season. Orton did turtle a lot and it got worse as time went on. There is a reason for that. I recall seeing a lot of pass plays that were dead before they even got started. Having 2-3 turnstiles on the line makes moving the ball a bit of a challenge. This upcoming season hinges on getting passable line play, which we haven't had in a couple years. It'll be interesting to see whether the first team offense practices mainly passing from the pocket (Cassel) or passing on the run, outside the pocket (EJ/Taylor). I really can't wait to see what Roman comes up with for this group. I wouldn't be remotely surprised if we see nothing of the actual offense until week 1. The element of surprise will be needed in the first couple weeks especially. We need to win both of those games and it's more than possible. We cannot fall behind in the AFC race like we did so early last year.

Did anyone not think this was the case?

Apparently many people, in and outside the Bills fan community, as we have been treated to a steady diet of "the Bills could have had OBJ by staying put". The two are not comparable. Watkins is the better player by far, but was hamstrung by the leagues worst OC and Kyle "checking out now" Orton.

EJ's fault. His 4 games last year inflated the uncatchable balls so badly that Orton is going to get a bad rap. :rolleyes:

I'm sure you're saying that in jest -and I don't care about Orton, but yes, IMO, it's ALL on the inaccurate, mediocre-at-best over reach QB from -wait for it.. FSU. Many here simply refuse to accept it, but there's a REASON he never saw the field again.

I'm sure you're saying that in jest -and I don't care about Orton, but yes, IMO, it's ALL on the inaccurate, mediocre-at-best over reach QB from -wait for it.. FSU. Many here simply refuse to accept it, but there's a REASON he never saw the field again.

Keep up the crusade. You're changing the world.

Wait! Are we suggesting the QB position is important?

And that you might want to line up a good one before moving heaven and earth to move up in the draft for a really good WR?

Edited by Stopthepain

Haha. Orton won us that game against Detroit with that bullet to Sammy.

Sammy is a beast. Now throw him some screens and slants and let him do work.

If Sammy didn't make that catch vs. the Lions, it would have been intercepted by the trailing DB. Still one of the best catches I've seen.

And if I didn't know better, I'd swear there was a correlation between the QB and the ability for a receiver to catch his passes.

GO BILLS!!!

Apparently many people, in and outside the Bills fan community, as we have been treated to a steady diet of "the Bills could have had OBJ by staying put". The two are not comparable. Watkins is the better player by far, but was hamstrung by the leagues worst OC and Kyle "checking out now" Orton.

...eh, I love Sammy, but I wouldn't say that he's the better player "by far" just yet. However the Bills, if they didn't trade up, were going to take Ebron, not OBJ, and that would have been a major blunder. Again my major gripe was them not using their 2nd rounder last year instead of this year's 1st rounder.

Yeah and that reason is now coaching OL in Jax. Where he belongs (and probably not even).

If Sammy didn't make that catch vs. the Lions, it would have been intercepted by the trailing DB. Still one of the best catches I've seen.

And if I didn't know better, I'd swear there was a correlation between the QB and the ability for a receiver to catch his passes.

GO BILLS!!!

I thought that Lions catch was the catch of the year. OBJ's outstretched one was amazing, but I thought Sammy's was more impressive.

...eh, I love Sammy, but I wouldn't say that he's the better player "by far" just yet. However the Bills, if they didn't trade up, were going to take Ebron, not OBJ, and that would have been a major blunder. Again my major gripe was them not using their 2nd rounder last year instead of this year's 1st rounder.

Yeah and that reason is now coaching OL in Jax. Where he belongs (and probably not even).

I thought that Lions catch was the catch of the year. OBJ's outstretched one was amazing, but I thought Sammy's was more impressive.

Nah.