LSJ OL La'el Collins has a meeting scheduled with the Bills

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the deal: If the Bills had just taken a shot in the dark and drafted La'el Collins in the 7th we could have avoided this mess. It all boils down to having your draft board in order.

It's literally been pointed out dozens of times that if Collins was drafted on day 3, his agent said he would sit out the year and enter the 2016 draft.

By not being drafted, that option disappears. Yet individuals like yourself keep making an irrelevant point.

Either you and they lack patience to read, cannot comprehend basic English and thought, or disbelieve the threat.

It's literally been pointed out dozens of times that if Collins was drafted on day 3, his agent said he would sit out the year and enter the 2016 draft.

By not being drafted, that option disappears. Yet individuals like yourself keep making an irrelevant point.

Either you and they lack patience to read, cannot comprehend basic English and thought, or disbelieve the threat.

Just because dozens have said it doesn't make it wrong.

He's saying dozens of people have explained why no one drafted him...even in the 7th round.

It is possible that a team could have drafted him in the...5th-7th round, but like he said that would give Collins the option to enter the 2016 draft.

My question: If you were Collins and got drafted in the later rounds by a team willing to take a chance, would you train all year long or say F it and get your NFL career started (assuming that the team that drafted you gave you a real chance to start)?

Edit: I don't know enough to speak for someone actually in that situation but I would imagine that if I were in that situation I would be tempted to move on with my life and start competing in the NFL. Especially if the Bills drafted me :flirt:

Edited by Hot Buffalo Wings

Collins didn't have a fantastic combine or anything, so one might think he could improve on it (if he had a chance to get re-drafted).

I'm also in mortal fear of us signing this guy, guaranteeing the entire contract & not having an out clause based on the police findings. Just to be clear, La'El goal right now is to get max money assured without fear of reprisals. He also took a $5M health assurance policy out where if he couldn't play anymore because of health reasons, he gets $5M. That's pretty good planning and tells me he's about getting what's his. Many teams in the mix for him mean better terms, some of which obviously could be very risky (for the Bills).

He's saying dozens of people have explained why no one drafted him...even in the 7th round.

It is possible that a team could have drafted him in the...5th-7th round, but like he said that would give Collins the option to enter the 2016 draft.

My question: If you were Collins and got drafted in the later rounds by a team willing to take a chance, would you go back to LSU or say F it and get your NFL career started (assuming that the team that drafted you gave you a real chance to start)?

He can't go back to LSU now that he has declared. He would have the option to train all year (and make no money from an NFL team) or sign his contract and start playing.

Yea 32 nfl teams had the draft board wrong and just messed up on this (they just forgot they could use a 7th) and you are right.

Edited by Crayola64

Here's the deal: If the Bills had just taken a shot in the dark and drafted La'el Collins in the 7th we could have avoided this mess. It all boils down to having your draft board in order.

Again pay attention.. He said he would not sign with any team if drafted outside the 1st and would just re enter the draft in 2016.

Thats why no team drafted him in the 2nd rd or later.

Dolphins put a bunch of their players including 3 LSU alumni, now playing for the Fins, on a private jet to Baton Rouge

to convince Collins to sign with the Fins. What does Buffalo plan in response? Will Jim Kelley and Thurman Bruce and Andre

go down there too with a welcome package?

Why would Bills send ghost of columnist Jim Kelley? Yeah he was linked to Buffalo but hardly think they gave connections to get him to go,