LSJ OL La'el Collins has a meeting scheduled with the Bills

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Bills, Dolphins and Cowboys appear to be front runners? I'm either going to love this kid or hate him with no in between.

ha! i do enjoy that weve seen posters go with "if he signs here it shows hes serious and is going to be successful but if he chooses miami its clear hes an idiot and going to be trouble"

While a positive test would have proved he did have sex with her, a negative test doesn't mean they didn't have sex. It just means he didn't get her pregnant. And again none of this was known prior to the murder and guys lie. Well, people lie.

Well that's not entirely true either. They last spoke 7 months ago, it's possible that in that conversation this girl said to him, look I'm pregnant, it's not yours, that she in fact knew who the father is. And maybe that's why he stopped talking to her. Of course she's not alive to establish that so we can only go on what he has said and he seemed fairly confident that he wasn't the father.

Aren't you assuming a bit that she didn't know who the father was?

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Well that's not entirely true either. They last spoke 7 months ago, it's possible that in that conversation this girl said to him, look I'm pregnant, it's not yours, that she in fact knew who the father is. And maybe that's why he stopped talking to her. Of course she's not alive to establish that so we can only go on what he has said and he seemed fairly confident that he wasn't the father.

and ill again float "we spoke 7 months ago" does not equal "we slept together at the proper date range in the timeline"

if he was unsure and his attorney told him to go public saying he wasnt the father, it wouldve put him in a real awkward spot if the test said he was. then the public, and more importantly police, would have some real grounds to wonder about his honesty.

and ill again float "we spoke 7 months ago" does not equal "we slept together at the proper date range in the timeline"

if he was unsure and his attorney told him to go public saying he wasnt the father, it wouldve put him in a real awkward spot if the test said he was. then the public, and more importantly police, would have some real grounds to wonder about his honesty.

Yea the line has always been "they last spoke 7 months ago...". It's not, "they last had sex 7 months ago...".

Who knows what was said in that conversation but it's interesting that people are assuming it was that she told him he was the father. It's also just as likely that she told him he wasn't the father but that she was pregnant.

I think which way he goes will say a lot about him......

- In Buffalo he would have a legit chance at starting and a legit chance at playing OT

- Money is not an issue due to the situation but even with it was we have El Pegula

- We have one of the better OL coaches and a proven OC on our team

If he DOES not come here it means he doesnt want the pressure of possibly starting soon or he wants to hang out with his friends......which is fine it is his choice....but he wont be a player I would want on this team

Very few "potentially elite" players beginning their NFL careers have the opportunity to select their destination...that usually only comes after one has already proven himself and played out a contract.

I don't think the team Collins chooses says anything about him other than that's where he wants to go.

- In Buffalo he would have a legit chance at starting and a legit chance at playing OT

- Money is not an issue due to the situation but even with it was we have El Pegula

If he DOES not come here it means he doesnt want the pressure of possibly starting soon or he wants to hang out with his friends......which is fine it is his choice....but he wont be a player I would want on this team

That's a pretty big assumption....Are the Bills the only team in the league that can offer him a chance to start?

there are plenty of spots he might start out of the gate. hence the first round grade, and money isnt an issue for any of the teams. to frame it as hes awesome if he picks buffalo and a flake if he goes elsewhere is silly.

maybe he doesnt want to be next to incognito, wants friends as a support system, or if he chooses dallas really likes the idea of being a part of a GREAT line instead of a piece of a project. those arent negative qualities unless you are simply trying to set up a with us or against us attitude.

Edited by NoSaint

That's a pretty big assumption....Are the Bills the only team in the league that can offer him a chance to start?

Well...would it be fair to say that his chances are much better here then Dallas?

there are plenty of spots he might start out of the gate. hence the first round grade, and money isnt an issue for any of the teams. to frame it as hes awesome if he picks buffalo and a flake if he goes elsewhere is silly.

maybe he doesnt want to be next to incognito, wants friends as a support system, or if he chooses dallas really likes the idea of being a part of a GREAT line instead of a piece of a project. those arent negative qualities unless you are simply trying to set up a with us or against us attitude.

Saint....yes I consider those not so great qualities

- wants friends as a support system......yes this usually turns out well....its more like he gets into trouble with his friends

- Wants to be part of a great line...meaning he doesnt want to be the reason FOR a great O line

IMO, virtually every team courting him will be offering a starting job...that just goes with the recruiting pitch.

What Buffalo may not be able to compete with is the opportunities for Collins to make endorsement and other off-the-field money by playing in a larger city. That may be an important factor, given the contract dollars he'll miss out on in the next two years.

my thoughts exactly. Also, coming here increases his odds of getting a richer second contract due to his ability to start immediately. Really, almost any other choice would be the wrong one for him. Plus, blocking for a top RB like McCoy makes the line look better, which also drives up his next contract.

IMO, virtually every team courting him will be offering a starting job...that just goes with the recruiting pitch.

What Buffalo may not be able to compete with is the opportunities for Collins to make endorsement and other off-the-field money by playing in a larger city. That may be an important factor, given the contract dollars he'll miss out on in the next two years.

I don't think Collins will be making endorsement money anywhere. An OL rarely makes huge endorsement money. And Bills fans would be more likely to buy his jersey and anything minor he endorses than MIA fans, who have enough other "celebrity" types in their city.

Well...would it be fair to say that his chances are much better here then Dallas?

Saint....yes I consider those not so great qualities

- wants friends as a support system......yes this usually turns out well....its more like he gets into trouble with his friends

- Wants to be part of a great line...meaning he doesnt want to be the reason FOR a great O line

weird a rookie might like the prospect of being between two probowlers to learn his craft, instead of two guys that may struggle with basic stunts.

as he hasnt gotten into trouble before this, and hasnt gotten into trouble with this, i likewise wouldnt think having a few guys that know him and would be positive advocates for him wouldnt be a terrible thing. BFD if he uses friendship as a tie breaker between several equal offers.

there are undertones in your line of thought that hed be best off to go to a bad line with people he doesnt like if he really wants to succeed.

Very true. Plus he has never denied sex with her to my knowledge. It wasn't even his girlfriend. It was a mistress. So he almost certainly had sex with her. The thing is though, there really doesn't seem to be anything connecting him to this other than he may have been the father which he wasn't and those types sometimes kill. And there is a lot of stuff saying he probably wasn't or looks like he wasn't. Unless the one seemingly random rumor I only heard one time that he sent threatening texts to her is true.

Do you have a link to the mistress part ?? I read it was his Ex, which to me is beyond mistress.

my thoughts exactly. Also, coming here increases his odds of getting a richer second contract due to his ability to start immediately. Really, almost any other choice would be the wrong one for him. Plus, blocking for a top RB like McCoy makes the line look better, which also drives up his next contract.

I don't think Collins will be making endorsement money anywhere. An OL rarely makes huge endorsement money. And Bills fans would be more likely to buy his jersey and anything minor he endorses than MIA fans, who have enough other "celebrity" types in their city.

Unless Tops has him push grocery carts around like Rueben did.

Playing in a football-mad city like Dallas? Everyone connected to the 'Boys has something lined up, and/or opportunities to be a "guest" of wealthy ticket holders at all kinds of events...

is there anything saying that we couldn't publicly help fund a "gift" to help offset some of what he lost from signing a 1st or 2nd round contract? i know there are rules saying the Bills organization can only pay him so much but what about the fans? I think a fund raiser could be in order with a portion of the proceeds going towards the family of the young lady. i mean if you think about it it's a tough situation for everyone involved

Do you have a link to the mistress part ?? I read it was his Ex, which to me is beyond mistress.

Unless Tops has him push grocery carts around like Rueben did.

He has had the same girlfriend since high school. I read that in one of the articles about ft this a couple days ago. They called Mills "someone on the side" or words to that affect.

weird a rookie might like the prospect of being between two probowlers to learn his craft, instead of two guys that may struggle with basic stunts.

as he hasnt gotten into trouble before this, and hasnt gotten into trouble with this, i likewise wouldnt think having a few guys that know him and would be positive advocates for him wouldnt be a terrible thing. BFD if he uses friendship as a tie breaker between several equal offers.

there are undertones in your line of thought that hed be best off to go to a bad line with people he doesnt like if he really wants to succeed.

More like go to a up and coming line and be the reason why it was great.......

Once again...its a character thing for me....taking the easy road vs taking the more difficult one