Have Billls hurt themself with "hard to make roster" talk?

In the past the Bills have been able to find some quality UDFAs because players looked at as shot to make and each year 1-3 would make it.

The Bills have talked about how hard it will be for 5-7 round players to make team because it was stacked (Rex's dig on Jets) but I think this talk will make agents tell UDFAs to choose other teams to sign for if offer is out there.

In the past the Bills have been able to find some quality UDFAs because players looked at as shot to make and each year 1-3 would make it.

The Bills have talked about how hard it will be for 5-7 round players to make team because it was stacked (Rex's dig on Jets) but I think this talk will make agents tell UDFAs to choose other teams to sign for if offer is out there.

Probably so but there are a few positions where they still need help. If it is going to be hard for the guys in the 5th-7th it's going to be hard for an UDFA.

It's just a fact. The players and agents know who needs the most players and go over the rosters. That's one of the reasons we were able to get good UDFA to come in. Saying what we did will have no affect whatsoever IMO. We are just going to have a harder time signing a bunch of good guys. We will sign enough to get to 90, they may not be the pick of the litter.

That said, there may be spots for a OL, TE, LB, S, and maybe WR on this team, or PS, so guys will still come and try to make the team. Rex will be a draw.

I think it can be balanced out by our relatively small draft class this year, unlike some teams who are bringing in 10+ drafted players.

Yes, Rex and Whaley have said it might be hard to make the roster, but outside of OBD we aren't exactly looked at as an overly loaded roster. There's always opportunity and guys see that.

The players are not (all) fools and the agents will help them. They will look at us and judge based upon position/depth/need. What used to be an advantage is now a disadvantage. That's a good thing. Teams that suck have a leg up on this front.

I hate that our team is so good that we will struggle to add a udfa. No planning on whaleys part

I dont know if it will honestly. Bills will be looking at the players and possibly reaching out to them if they see a potential gem.

I think what it come down to is selling the Bills to the player. same as selling to Clay or Harvin.

But maybe i misunderstand the question koolaid?

Cementing this roster with talent could set the franchise back ten years.

This is going to be an adjustment for all us.

But we are all in this together KtD. We can work it out !

I dont know if it will honestly. Bills will be looking at the players and possibly reaching out to them if they see a potential gem.

I think what it come down to is selling the Bills to the player. same as selling to Clay or Harvin.

But maybe i misunderstand the question koolaid?

They could have said that they are always trying to improve the roster and any player, drafted or undrafted could make roster.

I think some, especially Rex trying to stick it to NJ Jests, were too giddy and attempted to help ticket sales.

I hate that our team is so good that we will struggle to add a udfa. No planning on whaleys part

It helps that we didn't have a first round pick this year, but I guess it may not be enough to offset the general talent level. Maybe time to get rid of some guys?

See my sig? Damn it's hard to get people to change their minds.

We are having a very difficult time adjusting as a fan base. So difficult, that we have threads like this that defy reason.

Its unnatural for many of us to not care about UDFAs and 5th-7th round picks, after all, Stevie Johnson/Kyle Williams miracles is what we've been living on for so long, it's hard to even remember any other way. We've spent so may years hoping and praying for late-round, or UDFA starters, it's weird that they sorta don't matter now.

I understand. But I also understand that at some point, we have to move on from thinking Tom Donahoe et al are still in charge around here.

That was then.

I think it can be balanced out by our relatively small draft class this year, unlike some teams who are bringing in 10+ drafted players.

Yes, Rex and Whaley have said it might be hard to make the roster, but outside of OBD we aren't exactly looked at as an overly loaded roster. There's always opportunity and guys see that.

Dead wrong. Outside of OBD everyone believes the Bills have a loaded defense and ridiculous offensive weapons. QB and OL are the only perceived weaknesses.

Edited by eball