Have Billls hurt themself with "hard to make roster" talk?

In the past the Bills have been able to find some quality UDFAs because players looked at as shot to make and each year 1-3 would make it.

The Bills have talked about how hard it will be for 5-7 round players to make team because it was stacked (Rex's dig on Jets) but I think this talk will make agents tell UDFAs to choose other teams to sign for if offer is out there.

I don't think Whaley cares. I think we as Buffalo fans have been so conditioned to care about things like UDFA's and actually being hopefull about them. Steelers fans could care less about UDFA's and we're on our way there too.

There's literally nothing that someone can't find fault with. :lol:

Ha ha, in another thread someone is talking about how this draft offsets some of the damage done by acquiring Watkins. I mean what kind of idiots would draft a guy that was the top ranked player on their board between 2013-2015? We will be suffering from that for years!!

Ha ha, in another thread someone is talking about how this draft offsets some of the damage done by acquiring Watkins. I mean what kind of idiots would draft a guy that was the top ranked player on their board between 2013-2015? We will be suffering from that for years!!

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here.

There was someone that was suggesting that this weekend made up for last year. I just found it weird that getting a couple of role players would "make up" for acquiring the #1 graded player on your board between 2013-2015. You'd think that you would be high fiving over that. That's all that I was getting at. Edited by Kirby Jackson

It's a good problem to have. There is so much talent on this roster that UDFA's don't view it as a super attractive spot to land. I think in the end if the team wants to find the next Jason Peters or Jabari Greer (Not so highly touted UDFA's that ended up with good careers) the scouting department could land that player, but if the next Da Rick Rodgers (highly touted UDFA) slips out of our hands then so be it.

Edited by billsfan89

It's a good problem to have. There is so much talent on this roster that UDFA's don't view it as a super attractive spot to land. I think in the end if the team wants to find the next Jason Peters or Jabari Greer (Not so highly touted UDFA's that ended up with good careers) the scouting department could land that player, but if the next Da Rick Rodgers (highly touted UDFA) slips out of our hands then so be it.

Jason Peters was very highly touted. He was projected as high as the 2nd round fwiw.

Jason Peters was very highly touted. He was projected as high as the 2nd round fwiw.

Jason Peters was drafted as a TE! Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller agreed our roster is loaded. That's a great problem. QB has the biggest question mark but I'm hoping EJ steps up and takes control! Go EJ! Go Bills

By some, yes. His problem was that he had terrible coaching and teams didn't know if he would be a TE or an OL. And they were right. He had great athleticism but he was woefully lacking in fundamentals. We cut him and then re-signed him. I wonder how his hands are though. The way he blocks could you imagine what a threat and a player he could have been as a TE?

La'el Collins could be but he is supposed to not sign and go into next year's draft.

This will would be a huge mistake for him unless he plans on going back to school again next year. If he didn't go back, he would be not playing football for a year. That alone would be enough to get him into the bottom half of the draft as a pick if he was picked at all.

BigPappy

This will would be a huge mistake for him unless he plans on going back to school again next year. If he didn't go back, he would be not playing football for a year. That alone would be enough to get him into the bottom half of the draft as a pick if he was picked at all.

BigPappy

He seems to want to get paid ASAP.

Jason Peters was drafted as a TE! Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller agreed our roster is loaded. That's a great problem. QB has the biggest question mark but I'm hoping EJ steps up and takes control! Go EJ! Go Bills

Don't get me wrong, I hope EJ succeeds. All the other option we have really aren't that great either. But heres my problem. I don't see the IT factor from EJ. He has the tools (arm strength, he's smart, he can evade with his legs), but he's missing that gunslinger attitude that the really great QB's have. Look at all the greats over the years and every one of them were gunslingers, not game managers!

fwiw, just imho

He seems to want to get paid ASAP.

I thinks it's the smart move for him. Where did you get your info from. Last I heard was that he was still thinking about going into next years daft like Kirby said. I just thought it stupid to go that route. He's a guy I would love for our Bills to pick up.

Big Pappy.

Edited by BigPappy

BigPappy

In the last 5 years Robert Quinn was a mid 1st after sitting out a year and DGB was an early 2nd this year. Sitting out a year isn't a death sentence. My guess is that he would be picked no later than the 2nd if he would have missed this season.