Latest draft trade rumor Phil-Cleveland-Tenn

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds great.

Can we replace Philly with Buffalo in this rumor?

This team would be a Superbowl contender with Mariota at the helm as long as we don't give up too much to get him.

We already traded our Michael Kendricks and our #19 pick, no one wants our Sam Bradford and no to trading our Fletcher Cox.

I heard it the other day on Philly radio.

In this, I see all win for Buffalo.

The Bills don't play the Browns this year.

Tenn remains a tire fire.

The Eagles trade their first this year and next, already without a 2nd, to get Mariota, which leaves a rookie QB with a WR group that makes me long for Donald Jones and Nelson.

Name the down side.

Not sure what the Titans actually think of Mettenberger, and even though that is a good haul, two pretty good defensive players and two number ones (one of whom is likely to be somewhat of a bust), you're left without a franchise QB if you think Mariotta is going to be one.

I doubt that the Titans make that trade.

Titans love mettenberger.

The titans make this trade 10 times out of 10. They get 2 first round picks as well as a proven lb and de. That's 2 sure things and 2 more cracks at a difference maker.

Bad trade for the Browns (Bradford has already said he won't sign anywhere before playing out this year)

Bad trade for the Eagles (2 huge pieces of their defense.)

Amazing trade for the Titans unless Mariotta ends up being a franchise qb (I don't think he will be)

The titans make this trade 10 times out of 10. They get 2 first round picks as well as a proven lb and de. That's 2 sure things and 2 more cracks at a difference maker.

Bad trade for the Browns (Bradford has already said he won't sign anywhere before playing out this year)

Amazing trade for the Titans unless Mariotta ends up being a franchise qb (I don't think he will be)

I understand the Titans like Mettenberger. He has approximately 5% chance of being a franchise QB though. I don't think they make the trade if they like Mariotta at all.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/04/latest_eaglesmarcus_mariota_rumor_involves_fletche.html

Cleveland trades pick 19 to Phil for Bradford

Phil trades 19,20, Mychal kendricks, fletcher cox to Tenn for 2

Phil takes Mariota at 2

This will be a STEAL for Philly if it happens....For them to throw just one 1st round pick to move up to 2...That would be unbelievable......

Titans get ONE additional first round pick for Swapping from 2 to 19.... That is just insane...

This will be a STEAL for Philly if it happens....For them to throw just one 1st round pick to move up to 2...That would be unbelievable......

Titans get ONE additional first round pick for Swapping from 2 to 19.... That is just insane...

they do get a first rounder in cox and 2nd rounder in kendricks. both are day one starters on defense. They then get two more starters maybe 3 with such a high second round pick. They can reload with a lot of talent really quickly. If they don't like Marcus they can at least put a lot more talent on the roster and zack can be a manager. I think this is a pretty decent deal.

Philly is going to burn if he trades away both Cox *and* Kendricks.

If you thought McCoy for Alonso was crossing the Rubicon...

Totally agree. I live in Philly and enjoy the Ealges after the Bills. I am no longer a Chip believer. He had Nick Foles and he ran him out of town.

I could def see something happening between those team, but I think philly needs to give up more. At least next years number one as well. Giving up two mid first round picks and two players isn't a lot to move up to 2 overall.

I also think Cleveland needs to give up less. Maybe a second at most?

Right teams - wrong compensation.

Just one mans humble opinion

Plus, wouldn't it be hilarious if that trade happened pre draft and then TB picks Mariota? Many people would say that would be great for philly because they'd get Winston, but everyone knows Chip wants Marcus. That's how this works.

Edited by dubs

Am I the only one who thinks a 1st rd pick for Bradford is nuts? Maybe a 3rd...

Would I rather have Zack Martin and Bradford then Sammy, yes

I think Foles will be better then Bradford

Bradford needs a rock solid OL to stay in one piece though.

Edited by ALF

clev needs to sign him long term to make it worth it.

The trade will not happen if he doesn't agree to that ahead of time. But I still think he hasn't proven much in 5 yrs to say he's a franchise QB. Probably a little better than our QBs, but not worth a 1st. Maybe I'm missing something. I'd trade a 3rd for him. Edited by YoloinOhio

The trade will not happen if he doesn't agree to that ahead of time. But I still think he hasn't proven much in 5 yrs to say he's a franchise QB. Probably a little better than our QBs, but not worth a 1st. Maybe I'm missing something. I'd trade a 3rd for him.

I'm guessing the theory is because they already have 2, a single 1st round pick may be less valuable to Cleveland than most. Especially if they are acquiring what they believe to be a known commodity at a position of need vs. what they have drafted in the 1st round recently.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/04/latest_eaglesmarcus_mariota_rumor_involves_fletche.html

Cleveland trades pick 19 to Phil for Bradford

Phil trades 19,20, Mychal kendricks, fletcher cox to Tenn for 2

Phil takes Mariota at 2

This is all great and fun, but what if, after all this, the Bucs change their mind and take Mariota? Will Chip be equally happy with Winston?