Glad we don't have a 1st round pick

major

why on earth do you think a GM from another team would have been stupid enough to make that trade? "If Whaley REALLY knew what he was doing" - come on. Do you actually think the Bills scouting dept was the only one who knew this draft wasn't as good as 2014?

I get it, you want to contest anything I post. But obviously, WHALEY made that kind of trade!!! :doh:

Edited by HoF Watkins

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Watkins will be a star. Trading up for a WR when you've got no QB is like buying a top notch steak to cook on a george foreman.

We only used the George Foreman last year...this year we have a basic Weber charcoal grill (Cassel) and a filet, t-bone and ribeye (Clay, McCoy and Harvin) to go with the top notch steak. Patience grasshopper.

If we had Ebron instead of Watkins, I think we lose the Minny and Detroit games, putting us at 7-9, if we did have our pick and had clinched a losing record, we might have tanked the Pats game as well.

I'd gladly trade Ebron and 19 for Sammy. If we are talking about Ebron and Amari Cooper / Kevin White / DeVante Parker / Brandon Scherff it gets a bit dicier.

I have complete faith in the Browns ability to use the picks to make it look like the Julio Jones trade 2.0.

People are arguing over who should be the number 1 pick: Mariota and Winston. Are they the best? If so, I rest my case. This draft sucks

Winston goes neck and neck with clowney for #1 overall last year. Probably is #1 too based on position. Mariota probably 2nd qb taken. Whats your point ?

I'm happy with Watkins (obviously), but if Whaley REALLY knew what he was doing, he would have traded the 2015 1st pick to get an extra first pick in the 2014 draft (the deep draft, that everyone was saying had a wealth of "1st round talent, available in the 2nd").

I won't mention Odell Beckham...

Poppycock. Watkins is a star and he had a great season with a never-was throwing to him; OBJ had Eli Manning. While OBJ is certainly a good receiver, we haven't even scratched Watkins' surface. The Bills hadn't had a legit #1 receiver since Moulds and though I wish we could have given up less, it was clear this draft was weaker than last year's and they had a shot at: 1- a legit star #1 receiver; 2- a young player who called the Bills his favorite team growing up, which meant/means a LOT to the area/market. I would do this trade over even with the benefit of hindsight. Not to mention the fact that you cannot simply trade a 1 in a later year for a 1 in the current year- it is well established that there is a 1 rd depreciation in trades for future picks (1st rd next year = 2nd rd this year).

We only used the George Foreman last year...this year we have a basic Weber charcoal grill (Cassel) and a filet, t-bone and ribeye (Clay, McCoy and Harvin) to go with the top notch steak. Patience grasshopper.

I think this year it appears we're using a public park grill. Sometimes you can use the right charcoal and seasoning and it's alright but really just hoping.

And if it's alright you're ecstatic.

This draft is not as strong. I see a lot of defensive line guys being pushed up too high, especially pass rushing DE/OLB types. Look back to the 2013 draft when 5 DEs went in the first round and Ziggy Ansah apart they are hardly ripping up the league 2 years in.

So, if the Browns called and said "hey, we thought about it and we don't really want the #19 pick, would you like it back for free", we should say NO?

What if they offered the #19 pick for Watkins. Would you make that trade? Edited by PromoTheRobot