Minor good news on Cordy Glenn

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the whole "contract year" is insulting to Glenn. Last year he had an illness that didn't allow him to practice and stay in shape. It clearly hurt his performance.

Before last year, when he physically couldn't train, did he have any other issues with being out of shape or not preparing? I don't recall any issues from when he was drafted to now. He's working out and came in to camp in shape because that's the type of player/person he is, not because he's in a contract year.

I think the whole "contract year" is insulting to Glenn. Last year he had an illness that didn't allow him to practice and stay in shape. It clearly hurt his performance.

Before last year, when he physically couldn't train, did he have any other issues with being out of shape or not preparing? I don't recall any issues from when he was drafted to now. He's working out and came in to camp in shape because that's the type of player/person he is, not because he's in a contract year.

im sure it made it an even more pronounced difference due to the illness, but if you dont think hes giving just a little something extra knowing that its a big crossroads for his career.....

thats not implying he was a lazy oaf before, simply that guys are a little less likely to take a day off here and there, or cheat on a meal when the carrot of a new contract is getting so close.

im sure it made it an even more pronounced difference due to the illness, but if you dont think hes giving just a little something extra knowing that its a big crossroads for his career.....

thats not implying he was a lazy oaf before, simply that guys are a little less likely to take a day off here and there, or cheat on a meal when the carrot of a new contract is getting so close.

That's true, part of it might be the contract. IMO, he's shown enough that I believe that even if it wasn't a contract year, he'd have come in in good condition. Implying that money is the only reason he's been working out is what I don't believe.

That's true, part of it might be the contract. IMO, he's shown enough that I believe that even if it wasn't a contract year, he'd have come in in good condition. Implying that money is the only reason he's been working out is what I don't believe.

I loathe when fans talk like this. Contract year :thumbdown:

Sure as hell its a business.

But when has Glenn shown that he is slacking? Last year must have been a major challenge for him and he has my respect

The kid has always done his work quietly and professionally. I find him to be a good and fine Buffalo Bill. Epitomizes maybe even.

And whether he is putting in extra effort to make a point or not , he is putting in extra effort.

Anyone who can criticize that might be questionable in and of themselves.

I hope he gets all pro this year!

Go Cordy!

Go Bills!

I loathe when fans talk like this. Contract year :thumbdown:

Sure as hell its a business.

But when has Glenn shown that he is slacking? Last year must have been a major challenge for him and he has my respect

The kid has always done his work quietly and professionally. I find him to be a good and fine Buffalo Bill. Epitomizes maybe even.

And whether he is putting in extra effort to make a point or not , he is putting in extra effort.

Anyone who can criticize that might be questionable in and of themselves.

I hope he gets all pro this year!

Go Cordy!

Go Bills!

I hate the automatic assumption that players always and automatically try harder in contract years. It's assuming that every player in the league loafs and doesn't try their hardest 80% of their careers.

I hate the automatic assumption that players always and automatically try harder in contract years. It's assuming that every player in the league loafs and doesn't try their hardest 80% of their careers.

Agreed and it's insulting to the players. Football isn't like others sports where teams can tank. You don't try hard in football, you can get injured and be out of a job.

Glenn is going to be a pro bowl caliber LT like he was before Marrone.

Agreed and it's insulting to the players. Football isn't like others sports where teams can tank. You don't try hard in football, you can get injured and be out of a job.

Yup. I'm excited about seeing him return to form. He was nearing great two years ago. He was decent last year. Hopefully he will take the next step. He's healthy. he should have better coaches and better players next to him and better players overall. He's the least guy to worry about on the line.

so we are agreed?

Yup. I'm excited about seeing him return to form. He was nearing great two years ago. He was decent last year. Hopefully he will take the next step. He's healthy. he should have better coaches and better players next to him and better players overall. He's the least guy to worry about on the line.

so we are agreed?

First of all...I really like Cordy Glenn.....def mean no disprespect to him regarding the contract year thing......

When no one knows what the illness was (and he isnt required to tell) we have no idea on how it affected his preparation.

I personally hope we find a way to keep him......a VERY underrated left tackle