All-22 Breakdown of EJ Manuel

I disagree. Playoffs or bust.

We've been rolling with it for almost 20 years.

This is the beginning of dominance, last piece of the puzzle.

This window is only open for a short amount of time. We/They need to take advantage of this talent. Our team is stacked!!

Playoffs or Bust.

Imo

Arguing that EJ sucks...I can let that slide, or agree with it, or whatever. Point is, it's a rational position.

But you can't improve a roster just by cutting a player. You have to have a viable alternative.

Yes. Had some good analysis i thought accompanied by vines. For anyone who doesn't have a "side" - it's a balanced article. I've followed this writer for awhile and he's not particularly high on Ej overall, but he usually does a good job with this kind of thing.

Any article that discusses EJ in isolation, without putting his performance in the context of the absolutely pitiful blocking schemes as well, is useless.

And that context goes beyond "pocket presence." It impacts everything a QB does.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arguing that EJ sucks...I can let that slide, or agree with it, or whatever. Point is, it's a rational position.

But you can't improve a roster just by cutting a player. You have to have a viable alternative.

Any article that discusses EJ in isolation, without putting his performance in the context of the absolutely pitiful blocking schemes as well, is useless.

And that context goes beyond "pocket presence." It impacts everything a QB does.

Yep. Like I said in another thread, Brady looked finished his first 4 games this past season, until the OL finally got settled. If that's not proof right there, nothing is.

So what is your master plan? Roll with Cassel? Is he truely that much better of an option? I think it's hard to pick who is/should be the guy because they'll be playing under a new system on a clean slate. Wait until camp and preseason before we 'waste' a season on someone.

This poster was seen as an "insider" who went ahead and predicted that the Bills were going to cut EJ, so it seems like there might be a hidden agenda beyond simply not thinking EJ is the answer.

My take is that he knows somebody who's currently in the Bills organization and who is now a holdover from the idiot Marrone regime. IMO, this holdover thinks that ultimately it was EJ's fault that Marrone's career went off the rails. Because if EJ Manuel played like Andrew Luck, Marrone would be the king of the world (or something like that).

The great part of this season will be watching what EJ does under Roman. He made successful QBs out of both Smith and Kaerpernick. Marrone will look like the king of the dopes if EJ has a big season. He will for sure never get another NFL head coaching gig if that does happen.

Edited by 1billsfan

This poster was seen as an "insider" who went ahead and predicted that the Bills were going to cut EJ, so it seems like there might be a hidden agenda beyond simply not thinking EJ is the answer.

My take is that he knows somebody who's currently in the Bills organization and who is now a holdover from the idiot Marrone regime. IMO, this holdover thinks that ultimately it was EJ's fault that Marrone's career went off the rails. Because if EJ Manuel played like Andrew Luck, Marrone would be the king of the world (or something like that).

The great part of this season will be watching what EJ does under Roman. He made successful QBs out of both Smith and Kaerpernick. Marrone will look like the king of the dopes if EJ has a big season. He will for sure never get another NFL head coaching gig if that does happen.

that's a good point. Not good for the NFL HC resume if you can't/won't develop a young QB. If Roman can do it again...and this team makes the playoffs with EJ as the starting QB... Aaron Kromer could be our new OC next year because Roman will be in the mix for a HC job. Edited by YoloinOhio

that's a good point. Not good for the NFL HC resume if you can't/won't develop a young QB. If Roman can do it again...and this team makes the playoffs with EJ as the starting QB... Aaron Kromer could be our new OC next year because Roman will be in the mix for a HC job.

Alex Simth, Colin Kaep, EJ Manuel?

He's done it before. Put your guys in. Position to be successful (unlike cantHackett)

Yep. Like I said in another thread, Brady looked finished his first 4 games this past season, until the OL finally got settled. If that's not proof right there, nothing is.

Ain't THAT the truth. I saw Brady get pulled (or pull himself) in one game when he was looking so bad it seemed the end had finally come.... but no... ugh

What an odd stretch.

I disagree. Playoffs or bust.

We've been rolling with it for almost 20 years.

This is the beginning of dominance, last piece of the puzzle.

This window is only open for a short amount of time. We/They need to take advantage of this talent. Our team is stacked!!

Playoffs or Bust.

Imo

What does bust mean for you? I'll be a fan of this team until I die, playoff or not this year.

speaking about the article.

Vine 2, the LG is beaten badly by the DT, still EJ escapes.

Vine 3, the RT is tossed back like he isn't there, EJ gets hit completes an ugly pass

Vine 4, EJ does hold the ball too long, bad decision, but no WR in sight, where's the safety valve, no crossing route?

Vines 5 and 6, the reads are correct but he needs to step into those throws instead of trying to aim the ball. Those are TDs passes, he needs to hit them when they're available.

that's a good point. Not good for the NFL HC resume if you can't/won't develop a young QB. If Roman can do it again...and this team makes the playoffs with EJ as the starting QB... Aaron Kromer could be our new OC next year because Roman will be in the mix for a HC job.

I stopped at the "EJ holds ball too long" video, which was more like "Cordy Glenn doesn't hold block long enough."

On that one, that was my thought too. Glenn has potential as a good LT but he just flat out got pwnd on that play.

I'm not sure it's true that 2.5 sec is the "average" time a QB has to throw in the NFL, and if it is true, I'm not sure it's meaningful.

I know that in the Superbowl, the Pats* talked about 2.5 seconds being all Seattle was going to give Brady. But in general, I think 2.5 sec is a quick release, and strong lines (including the Pats*) typically give their guys a bit more.

Roman did well with Smith and Kaep.

He needs a much stronger line to do what he does, though.

Or it could simply be proof that Brady re-upped his deal with the devil.