My afternoon with Rex, Thurman, and Jimbo

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have my white Spielman. Got it when I was probably 8-9 years old.

It's too bad Speilman's career was cut so short in Buffalo. My buddy and I still laugh about what a maniac he was - taking stairs sideways to improve his lateral mobility...

That is awesome!! I loved those early 90's jerseys. As you can see from my namesake I really like obscure 90's Bills players. I was going to go with Eric Smedley if not Kirby Jackson.

Kirby could play. Your avatar looks like it comes from the playoff game against the Oilers In '89? Another obscure player would be Wayne Davis CB #21. I recall him playing in that game for some reason.

Wow- what a great experience! I am gaining serious optimism daily on the the things I hear (granted, I have happy ears) coming from McCoy and Rex Ryan and Harvin. It truly sounds like there has been a massive cultural shift starting with the Pegulas and trickling on down. A guy like Rex Ryan would have never ever considered Buffalo a few years ago. now, I bet there would be a line at the door for the vacancy. People look at the roster (minus QB) with envy.

When the solo interview was over, they all went to a table, had some wings, and talked in front of the camera for about half an hour. Discussed how the Bills are so integral to the community and how Rex is fitting in, how Rex compares to Marv and the current team to the 90s version. Sounds like both Jim & Thurman are involved quite a bit - Thurman's first meeting with Rex turned into a film session on a QB they were looking at (but refused to name). Jim stressed the need for internal leadership, and of course a QB who could use all those weapons. Seemed like there were no tears shed when Marrone left.

that's kind of big news - i wonder who it was!

Can you please go troll somewhere else? This is an enjoyable thread that doesn't need to be ruined by your idiotic crusade. Your schtick is old and worn. Never was funny. Now it's even more unfunny.

EDIT: Imo

+1

Edit: Gee, what happened to that brilliant post? Its gone poof--like a little flatulence in the wind...

Edited by Lurker

Cool, story, thanks for sharing. I'm really starting to like Rex, was hesitant at first, I love the way he is blending into the community, seems like a true stand-up guy.

Good things are coming!!

My brother is the guy that set this up with SI. Check out the Big Tree facebook page for some more pics. He is led to believe this may end up a cover story.

NO!!!!!!!!! The cover jinx!!! If Rosen somehow ended up in a cover pic it will signal the end of days.

NO!!!!!!!!! The cover jinx!!! If Rosen somehow ended up in a cover pic it will signal the end of days.

OR...

I could break the cover jinx for all time...

Did you invite any of them to our tailgate party?

That would have been a good idea

Did you invite any of them to our tailgate party?

If I was there I would have. I did not get invited because I am not drinking the Kool-Aid. I will wait and see how this "new" team meshes together before I'm all in. On a side note, I was in the BTI Saturday night and there was a Bills coach there. I have been in other restaurants in OP were coaches and players hang out.Some players or coaches might want the attention but most want to be treated as average people that's why I don't fawn over them. Like the verse in the Lynyrd Skynyrd song sez I you want to talk fishing that's OK, If you want to talk.....