My afternoon with Rex, Thurman, and Jimbo

If that is a tucked in Jeff Wright jersey you really are my hero!! :beer:

It is indeed - purchased in 1991, ordered direct from Champion (the only way to get authentics back then). Still in pristine condition. It's tucked in because they made them VERY long - goes down to my knees. I was going to get a Phil Hansen, but my sister did so I had to be different.

Side note - my first ever post on TSW was in the Trading Post, trying to sell that very jersey. Now I'm so glad I didn't get any takers.

You had me at "My afternoon with Rex"...

Was this something for the web site (you mention video) vs an article in the print edition?

Awesome man. Any idea when the interview will be available?

I assume it will be available soon. I know it will be an article - they said the pic they use might even be the cover. Having video was news to me. Jim Kelly's funniest line was "The only time I was ever on the cover of SI I was wearing a New Jersey Generals uniform - a team I never even played for!"

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all sincerity, where did you get that Jeff Wright jersey? I've been trying to score an early 90's more obscure player jersey forever and they're impossible to find. I bought a Leonard Smith jersey off ebay a few years back but the collar is wrong somehow. EDIT: figured you got it back then. That is a keeper my friend.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

In all sincerity, where did you get that Jeff Wright jersey? I've been trying to score an early 90's more obscure player jersey forever and they're impossible to find. I bought a Leonard Smith jersey off ebay a few years back but the collar is wrong somehow. EDIT: figured you got it back then. That is a keeper my friend.

Ordered via The Sports Look - a Bills merchandise store that was here in Rochester for a few years on West Henrietta Road near Marketplace Mall. My wife has a Beebe one just like it.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

It is indeed - purchased in 1991, ordered direct from Champion (the only way to get authentics back then). Still in pristine condition. It's tucked in because they made them VERY long - goes down to my knees. I was going to get a Phil Hansen, but my sister did so I had to be different.

Side note - my first ever post on TSW was in the Trading Post, trying to sell that very jersey. Now I'm so glad I didn't get any takers.

I assume it will be available soon. I know it will be an article - they said the pic they use might even be the cover. Having video was news to me. Jim Kelly's funniest line was "The only time I was ever on the cover of SI I was wearing a New Jersey Generals uniform - a team I never even played for!"

That is awesome!! I loved those early 90's jerseys. As you can see from my namesake I really like obscure 90's Bills players. I was going to go with Eric Smedley if not Kirby Jackson.

That is awesome!! I loved those early 90's jerseys. As you can see from my namesake I really like obscure 90's Bills players. I was going to go with Eric Smedley if not Kirby Jackson.

My sister was at some community function with a bunch of Bills players once, one player per table, and Kirby was at hers. One person from each table won that player's jersey and my sister won it. Not sure if she still has it though.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

Kirby was not obscure. He was the unsung gem of that defense.

Smedley OTOH

Smedley OTOH

Agreed, that's how I view myself on this board "unsung gem" :).

My sister was at some community function with a bunch of Bills players once, one player per table, and Kirby was at hers. One person from each table won that player's jersey and my sister won it. Not sure if she still has it though.

If she is interested in selling it I might know a guy....

Smedley OTOH

His strip/ fumble recovery sent us directly to our 2nd Super Bowl. Kubiack was hot and they were in Bills territory -pretty sure that catch was a 1st down -until...

Rubeo, thanks for sharing -you Glorious Bastard!