My afternoon with Rex, Thurman, and Jimbo

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone watch the video yet? Wow at the way they answered the questions about Marrone O_O

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/04/14/rex-ryan-buffalo-bills-new-york-jets/?xid=IFT-Trending

Great piece, IMO. Love the passion, the camaraderie, the unvarnished truth (as Ryan sees it). This is a fantastic fit between fan base, alumni and coach. W-L record isn't guaranteed, but, I have a really good feeling about this.

Jay...looking good man!!!

Amazing article and video. Thanks!

I was surprised by the gracious comments underneath from a Pats fan, a Fins fan, and Seahawks fan.

I know that just because we appreciate who a person is and the vibe he brings to the the team doesn't necessarily translate to wins (hello, Ryan Fitzpatrick). But it sure makes the ride more fun anyway.

Interesting how it says he committed to Pegula to take the job before knowing how much it paid. And that during a break in his second interview he turned on his phone ahd had 20 texts about other opportunities in the NFL from his agent including another offer, and he didn't follow up before accepting the Bills job.

He didn't settle for this job because he didn't have another one. It said he made up his mind that he wanted this job before he flew down for the 2nd intvw. According to the article,he didn't even play the other opportunities against this one or use as leverage.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Great article - really loved the video. I hated Rex when he was with the Jets and now I love him. Like Thurman said, "you gotta win", but I am very confident. I cannot wait for this season to start. It is going to be fun.

Anyone watch the video yet? Wow at the way they answered the questions about Marrone O_O

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/04/14/rex-ryan-buffalo-bills-new-york-jets/?xid=IFT-Trending

Agree. Wow. Thurman didn't like visiting last year because of the pressure and atmosphere but went some because of the players he knew. So awesome to get a sense of the reality of the situation last year.

Agree. Wow. Thurman didn't like visiting last year because of the pressure and atmosphere but went some because of the players he knew. So awesome to get a sense of the reality of the situation last year.

And if that team went 9-7 under those circumstances, what will this team do under better conditions?

Just saw the video, man was that great or what. You can feel the great energy and enthusiasm. Love the response by Thurman about Marrone. Is it September yet?

Man, Thurman had some SERIOUS hate for Marrone. My favorite part of the video is at the 7:30 mark when Rex says he's blowing the roof off 3 yrs, and the guy in the background yells "That a boy, Rex!" and does a shot. :beer:

Edited by stevewin

Man, Thurman had some SERIOUS hate for Marrone. My favorite part of the video is at the 7:30 mark when Rex says he's blowing the roof off 3 yrs, and the guy in the background yells "That a boy, Rex!" and does a shot. :beer:

thurman is close to a lot of the players. Makes you wonder what all he heard...

thurman is close to a lot of the players. Makes you wonder what all he heard...

I don't think we have to wonder at all...sounds like a whole lotta b.s.

I fell victim to supporting Marrone last year and downplaying stories about players being in the "Doug-house" and "Saint Doug" -- but it seems more and more as though that's exactly what the atmosphere was like.