LAMP - My son is going to college

Heh, RPI loses another one. He'll probably enjoy Ithaca more anyway.

Congrats

He loves RPI and the financial aid package was ok, but I think he likes the idea of a bigger school and being 4 hours away (rather than 45 minutes away).

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He loves RPI and the financial aid package was ok, but I think he likes the idea of a bigger school and being 4 hours away (rather than 45 minutes away).

Can't say I blame him

• 1 year later...

He thoroughly enjoyed it. Now majoring in Plant Science/Breeding/Genetics (they have a leading program there and it seems to be a huuge area of growth). Joined a frat and attended hockey games etc. All classes passed (thankfully). Thanks guys.

He thoroughly enjoyed it. Now majoring in Plant Science/Breeding/Genetics (they have a leading program there and it seems to be a huuge area of growth). Joined a frat and attended hockey games etc. All classes passed (thankfully). Thanks guys.

Coming from your loins I totally understand his desire to mess with breeding/genetics.

Coming from your loins I totally understand his desire to mess with breeding/genetics.

<BLOCK Beerball>

Great news. Have you sequestered a safe space at home for him to prepare for college?

He has his own lair...I rarely venture in there.

Cornell is a excellent school.

We accept lots of their undergrads into our graduate programs.

I had no idea you worked in Admissions. One of my colleagues is pursing her Master's with aspirations of becoming a Dean of Admissions. Any advice I could pass along to her would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

When we dropped our children off at their respective campuses, there must have been a lot of dust blowing around.. Don't be surprised if your drop off day is 'dusty' too.

He's right up the road about 40 miles from Horseheads. IT Manager where I work daughter goes there and plays on the softball team. Congrats on 1 year down!

When we dropped our children off at their respective campuses, there must have been a lot of dust blowing around.. Don't be surprised if your drop off day is 'dusty' too.

Yes, that was last fall. Now that he's entering Sophomore year (I'm sure it will be similarly dusty)

RIT's loss (where I went) is Cornell's gain. Great work by you and your wife on getting him on a solid path. Up to him now to close the deal.

Exactly. RIT is a great school.

Congrats!

CBF

Thanks. You are a very kind moderator (just saying)

Cornell is definitely the cream of that crop. Congrats.

Thanks PTR

He's right up the road about 40 miles from Horseheads. IT Manager where I work daughter goes there and plays on the softball team. Congrats on 1 year down!

Pics?

GREAT bud in Ithaca. Some very nice kitty as well. My ex girlfriend went to Cornell, and I used to live with her there summers during undergrad. I'm jealous.

My son wants to go to a concert at The Haunt in Ithaca. Any advice?