Should we draft a developmental QB late round? If so who?

Bocephuz

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't dug too deep but I'm not drawn to any of the day 3 guys and we already have some projects that could use reps that I think are better odds.

I am ok with whoever ends up 2 and 3 in this trio, it's who wins that scares me still and that won't be a late rounder

Edited by NoSaint

Gary Nova... No question in my mind he can develop into something good.. Threw a bunch of picks in College, but threw a lot of TD's too. Comes from a pro style offense.... Plenty of arm.... Mobile... Super quick release.... 6th to UDFA..

say no to qb's after the 3rd round. they're never worth it. in the last 16 years only two have been good. Sirius had a big segment on this a while back. Brady and Fitzpatrick are the best two QB's taken late in the NFL after the 3rd.

Sean Mannion 6'6" 230, pro style offense, had a standout jr yr when he had someone to throw to.

"Can sit down and shift weight properly to drive the intermediate throws. Played in pro-style offense and is comfortable with 3-, 5- and 7-step drops from under center. When protected, shows confidence to stand and deliver with accuracy to all areas of the field. Trusted by head coach Mike Riley to make pre-snap reads and audible. Played in multiple-read offense and shows patience in allowing routes to develop. Good feel for pro-style play-action passing attack and can throw with above-average accuracy and"

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/sean-mannion?id=2552576

I say we use a mid round pick for Sean Marrion. He just needs a little polish.

A little kielbasa never hurt either :D

Gary Nova... No question in my mind he can develop into something good.. Threw a bunch of picks in College, but threw a lot of TD's too. Comes from a pro style offense.... Plenty of arm.... Mobile... Super quick release.... 6th to UDFA..

guy is WAY to inconsistent

Pretend E.J. is a 25 year old late round pick!! B-)

EJ is a 25 year old 1st round pick with 14 starts.

Tyrod is a 25 year old 6th round pick with 0 starts.

say no to qb's after the 3rd round. they're never worth it. in the last 16 years only two have been good. Sirius had a big segment on this a while back. Brady and Fitzpatrick are the best two QB's taken late in the NFL after the 3rd.

I would say Romo is pretty good, he was UDFA

EJ is a 25 year old 1st round pick with 14 starts.

Tyrod is a 25 year old 6th round pick with 0 starts.

I would say Romo is pretty good, he was UDFA

Yea, Id say you could argue romo a better discussion point than fitz in talking day 3 qbs. While fitz has an important role in the NFL, I don't think anyone would mark him down as the goal at qb, just the stop gap to get to the goal

Sean Mannion 6'6" 230, pro style offense, had a standout jr yr when he had someone to throw to.

"Can sit down and shift weight properly to drive the intermediate throws. Played in pro-style offense and is comfortable with 3-, 5- and 7-step drops from under center. When protected, shows confidence to stand and deliver with accuracy to all areas of the field. Trusted by head coach Mike Riley to make pre-snap reads and audible. Played in multiple-read offense and shows patience in allowing routes to develop. Good feel for pro-style play-action passing attack and can throw with above-average accuracy and"

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/sean-mannion?id=255257

I'm terrified at the idea of Mannion and his apparent inability to drive the football with velocity having to throw in the late-autumn winds at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

To me, Mannion is a guy that's an ideal backup. He actually reminds me of another Oregon State Alum--Derek Anderson.

I like Petty, I think our offense is going to be a lot of the quick hitting plays similar to what he did with Baylor.

Agreed...just don't see him getting to 50. I know I've beat this drum a few times, but I just can't get away from the idea that he goes to NO at pick 31.